Photostimulation of seed germination during soil tillage
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 126, Issue 1, pages 145–152, January 1994
How to Cite
SCOPEL, A.L., BALLARE, C.L. and RADOSEVICH, S.R. (1994), Photostimulation of seed germination during soil tillage. New Phytologist, 126: 145–152. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1994.tb07540.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 24 March 1993; accepted 16 August 1993)
- 1988. The fate of Dalura ferox seeds in the soil as affected by cultivation, depth of burial and degree of maturity. Annals of Applied Biology 112: 337–345. , , , .
- 1992. Photomorphogenic processes in the agricultural environment. Photochemistry and Photobiology 56: 777–788. , , , .
- 1985. Seasonal changes in the germination responses of buried witchgrass (Panicum capillare) seeds Wood Science 34: 22–24. , .
- 1988. The role of fluctuating temperatures in the germination and establishment of Sorghum Italepense I, Pers Regulation of germination under leaf canopies. Functional Evology 2: 311–318. , , , .
- 1989. Factors influencing the precision of soil bank estimates. Canadian Journal of Botany 67: 2833–2840. , , .
- 1982. Physiology and biochemistry of seeds in relation to germination, vol 2: viability. dormancy and envirommental control. Berlin Springer. , .
- 1985. Penetration of light into soil and its role in the control of seed germination. Plant. Cell and Environment 8: 475–483. , .
- 1989. Environmental factors influencing the expression of dormancy patterns in weed seeds. Annals of Botany 63: 113–120. , .
- 1991. Light promotion of seed germination in Datura ferox is mediated by a highly stable pool of phytochrome. Photochemistry and Photobiology 53: 249–254. , , , .
- 1964. Emergence of weed seedlings in the field and the effects of different frequencies of cultivation In: Proceedings of the 7th British weed control conference, 599–606. .
- 1985. Biphasic fluence-response curves for light induced germination of Arabidopsis thaliana secds. Plant, Cell and Environment 8: 605–612. , , .
- 1990. A model of the effects of cultivation on the vertical distribution of weed seeds within the soil. Weed Research 30: 721–730. , .
- 1967. Light requirements for weed seed germination. In: Proceedings of the north central weed control conference, USA . 64. .
- 1980. The induction of a light requirement in Bidens pilosa seeds by leaf canopy shade, New Phytologist 84: 103–106. .
- 1984. The influence germination and response to light in seeds of various arable weeds. New Phytologist 96: 473–481. , , .
- 1982. Etude du stock the semences de mauvaises herbs dans le sol: le probleme de I'echantillonnage. Agronomic 2: 545–552. , .
- 1979. Plant stratagies and vegetation processes. chichester : John Wiley. .
- 1990. Phorocontrol of weeds without herbieides. Naturwissenschaften 77, 158–163. , .
- 1985. Pseudoreplication and the design of ecological field experiments. Ecological Monogrophs 54: 187–211. .
- 1991. Udnyttelse afukrudtsfros behox for lysinduktion. 8. Danske Plantevernskonference, Ukrudt. Tidsskrift for Planteavls Specialserie. Beretning nr. S2110, Statens Planteavlsforsog. Lyngby , Denmark . 215–230. .
- 1986. The physiology of action. In: Kendrick RE, Kronenberg GHM, eds. Photomorph-ogenesis in plants. Dordrecht : Martinus Nijhoff, 99–114. , .
- 1981. Phytochrome control of two low-irradiance responses in etiolated oat seedlings. Plant Physiology 67: 733–739. , .
- 1990. Some spectral properties of several soil types. Implications for photomorphogenesis. Plant. Cell and Environment 13: 287–294. , , , , .
- 1980. Emergence patterns of weed seedlings in relation to cultivation and rainfall Weed Research 20: 377–386. , .
- 1964. A possible ecological relation between soil disturbance. light-flash, and seed germination. Ecology 45: 884–886. , .
- 1991. Induction of extreme light sensitivity in buried weed seeds and its role in the perception of soil cultivations. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 501–508. , , .
- 1972. Phytochrome controlled changes in dormaney and germination of buried weed seeds. Weed Science 20: 417–422. .
- 1987. Environmental and chemical manipulation of weed seed dormancy. Riview of Weed Science 3: 135–154. .
- 1987. The penetration of light through soil. Plant, Cell and Environment 10 281–289. ,
- 1989. Phytochrome and sensitization in germination control. In Taylorson RB, ed Recem advances in the development and germination of seeds. New York Plenum Press, 181–189.
- 1986. Cultivation effects on the dynamics of a Johnson grass seed population in the soil Profile. Soil and Tillage Research 6 325–335. , ,
- 1969. The role of light in the germination of naturally occurring populations of buried weed seed. Journal of Experimental Botany 2 402–413. , .
- 1978. Light penetration and light induced seed germination in Soil Plant Physiology 61 597–600. ,