The combined effect of arbuscular mycorrhizas and short-term cold exposure on wheat
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 129, Issue 4, pages 637–642, April 1995
How to Cite
PARADIS, R., DALPÉ, Y. and CHAREST, C. (1995), The combined effect of arbuscular mycorrhizas and short-term cold exposure on wheat. New Phytologist, 129: 637–642. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb03032.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 12 July 1994; accepted 5 January 1995)
- 1994 Nonhydraulic signalling in soil drying in mycorrhizal maize plants. Planta 193: 74–82. , , , .
- 1993 Antioxidants and photosynthesis in the leaves of Triticum durum L. seedlings acclimated to low, non-chilling temperature. Journal of Plant Physiology 142: 18–24. , , , .
- 1992 Phosphorus efficiency of three cereals as related to indigenous mycorrhizal infection. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 43: 479–491. , , , .
- 1994 Resistance responses of mycorrhizal Ri T-DNA transformed carrot roots to infection by Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. chrysanthemi. Phytopathology 84: 958–968. , , , , .
- 1976 A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of proteins utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254. .
- 1963 The quantitative analysis of chlorophylls a and b in plant extracts. Photochemistry and Photobiology 2: 241–249. .
- 1993 The effect of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae and chilling on two hybrids of Zea mays L. Mycorrhiza 4: 89–92. , , .
- 1990 Cold acclimation of wheat (Triticum aestivum): properties of enzymes involved in proline metabolism. Physiologia Plantarum 80: 159–168. , .
- 1993 Ammonia assimilation in Zea mays L. infected with a vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus Glonius fasciculatum. Plant Physiology 101: 865–871. , .
- 1992 Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza. In: CarterMR ed. Soil sampling and methods of analysis, 3rd edn. Canadian Society of Soil Science, 287–301. .
- 1973 Formation of endomycorrhizae by Endogone calospora on Allium cepa under three temperature regimes. Naturalists Canadien 100: 467–477. , ,
- 1993 Factors affecting appressorium development in the vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungus Glomus mosseae (Nicol. & Gerd.) Gerd & Trappe. New Phytologist 123: 115–122. , , , .
- 1991 A safer procedure for routine staining of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Mycological Research 95: 1160–1162. , .
- 1990 Cold acclimation and freezing stress tolerance: role of protein metabolism. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 41: 187–223. .
- 1984 The influence of temperature on colonization of winter wheat by vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. Mycologia 76: 953–956. , .
- 1984 The role of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in the growth of Kansas winter wheat. Canadian Journal of Botany 62: 735–740. , , .
- 1992 Mycorrhizal dependence of modern wheat varieties, landraces and ancestors. Canadian Journal of Botany 70: 2032–2040. , , .
- 1992 Effect of cold hardening on sensitivity of winter and spring wheat leaves to short-term photoinhibition and recovery of photosynthesis. Plant Physiology 100: 1283–1290. , .
- 1982 Influence of four vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi on nutrient uptake and growth in barley (Hordeum vulgare). New Phytologist 90: 45–50. .
- 1993 Effect of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae on metabolism of moong plants under sodium chloride salinity. Plant Physiological Biochemistry 31: 475–481. , , , .
- 1992 Regulation of the vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 43: 557–581. , .
- 1985 Growth and development at cold-hardening temperatures. Pigment and benzoquinone accumulation in winter rye. Canadian Journal of Botany 63: 716–721. , .
- 1985 Hardening, abscisic acid, proline and freezing resistance in two winter wheat varieties. Physiologia Plantarum 63: 287–292. , .
- 1979 A permanent mounting medium for fungi. Bulletin of the British Mycological Society 13: 31–32. , , .
- 1993 Low-temperature effects on photosynthesis and correlation with freezing tolerance in spring and winter cultivars of wheat and rye. Plant Physiology 101: 245–250. , , .
- 1983 Growth responses of several plant species to mycorrhizae in a soil of moderate P-fertility. I. Mycorrhizal dependency under field conditions. Plant and Soil 70: 199–209. , , .
- 1991 Maternal effects of temperature on metabolism in the C4 weed Echinochloa crus-galli. Ecology 72: 1973–1979. , .
- 1992 Seedling pre-inoculation with VAM fungi on transplant survival and growth of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences India (Section B, Biological Sciences) 62: 429–432. , , .
- 1990 Effects of species of VA-mycorrhizal fungi on growth and mineral uptake of sorghum at different temperatures. Plant and Soil 121: 165–170. , , , .
- 1974 Temperature response of Endogone mycorrhiza on soybean roots. Mycologia 66: 600–605. , .
- 1986 Responses of three vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi at four soil temperatures and their effects on cotton growth. New Phytologist 104: 89–95. , .
- 1990 Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza in varieties of winter wheat in a low external input system. Biological Agriculture and Horticulture 7: 191–199. , , .
- 1990 Sucrose and fructan metabolism of different wheat cultivars at chilling temperatures. Physiologia Plantarum 78: 554–559. , , , .
- 1989 Effects of soil temperature and depth on colonization and root and shoot growth of barley inoculated with vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae indigenous to Canadian prairie soil. Canadian Journal of Botany 67: 1702–1707. , .