Impact of a fungal pathogen, Colletotrichum coccodes on growth and competitive ability of Abutilon theophrasti
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 131, Issue 1, pages 51–60, September 1995
How to Cite
DITOMMASO, A. and WATSON, A. K. (1995), Impact of a fungal pathogen, Colletotrichum coccodes on growth and competitive ability of Abutilon theophrasti. New Phytologist, 131: 51–60. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb03054.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 19 April 1995; accepted 16 May 1995)
- 1984 The effect of disease induced by Albugo Candid (white rust) and Peronospora parasitic (downy mildew) on the survival and reproduction of Capsella bursa-pastori (shepherd's purse). Oecologia 64: 314–318. , .
- 1990 The effects of disease on interspecific plant competition. Aspects of Applied Biology 24: 155–162. , .
- 1987 Diseases and plant population biology. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press. .
- 1984 The effect of the fungus Atkinsonella hypoxylo (Clavicipitaceae) on the reproductive system and demography of the grass Danthonia spicata. New Phytologist 98: 163–175.
- 1990 The impact of parasitic and mutualistic: fungi on competitive interactions among plants. In: GrateJB, TilmanD. eds. Perspectives on Plant Competition. London : Academic Press, Inc., 391–412.
- 1989 Impact of the fungus Balansia henningsiana on Panicum agrostoides frequency of infection, plant growth and reproduction, and resistance to pests. Oecologia 80: 374–380. , ,
- 1983 Effect of summer moisture stress on the capacity of tansy ragwort (Senecio jacobaea) to compensate for defoliation by cinnabar moth (Tyria jacobaea). Journal of Applied Ecology 20: 225–234. , .
- 1986 Induced systemic protection in cucumber: effects of inoculum density on symptom development caused by Colletotrichum lagenariu in previously infected and uninfected plants. Phytopathology 76: 186–189. ,
- 1985 Induced resistance to fungal and bacterial diseases. In: FraserRSS, ed. Mechanisms of Resistance to Plant Diseases. Dordrecht : Martinus Nijhoff/Dr W. Junk Publishers, 405–424.
- 1986 First report of Colletotrichum caccode on velvetleaf. Plant Disease 71: 281. , ,
- 1975 Growth of skeleton weed (Chondrilla junce L.) as affected by growth of subterranean clover (Trifolium subterranea L) and infection by Puccinia chondrillin Bubak & Syd. Australian Journal of Agricultural Research 26: 975–983. , .
- 1977 Population biology of plants. London : Academic Press. .
- 1986 Compensatory branching and changes in nitrogen content in the aquatic weed Salvinia modest in response to disbudding. Oecologia 70: 250–257. , .
- 1987 Intraspecific host plant choice: lack of consequences for Strepthanthus tortuosu (Cruciferae) and Euchloe hyanti (Lepidoptera: Pieridae). Oikos 48: 243–248. ,
- 1989 Crowding and a plant's ability to defend itself against herbivores and diseases. American Naturalist 134: 749–760. , , .
- 1980 Effects of defoliation and competition on growth and reproduction on the annual plant Abutilon theophrasti. Journal of Ecology 68: 813–821. , .
- 1989 The continuum of plant responses to herbivory: the influence of plant association. nutrient availability, and timing. American Naturalist 134: 1–19. ,
- 1986 Effects of Sphacelotheca holc infection on morphology and competitiveness of Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepense). Weed Science 34: 883–888. , .
- 1983 Compensatory plant growth as a response to herbivory. Oikos 40: 329–336. .
- 1989 Efficacy of Phomopsis convolvulu for control of field bind weed (Convolvulus arvensis). Weed Science 37: 830–835. , , .
- 1989 The effects of Puccinia lagenophora on Senecio vulgari in competition with Euphorbia peplus. Journal of Ecology. 77: 552–564. .
- 1987 Effects of rust infection of Senecio vulgari on competition with lettuce. Weed Research 27: 431–441. , .
- 1987 Effect of crown rust on regrowth, competitive ability and nutritional quality of perennial and Italian ryegrass. Plant Pathology 36: 455–461. .
- SAS Institute. 1989 SAS/STAT user's guide. Carey, NC: Release 6.03.
- 1988 The biology of Canadian weeds. #90. Abutilon theophrasti. Canadian Journal of Plant Science 68: 1069–1085. , .
- 1990 Identifying limiting factors in the biocontrol of weeds. In: BakerR, DunnP, eds. New Directions in Biological Control. UCLA Symposium of Molecular and Cellular Biology. New Series 112. New York : Alan R. Liss, 305–316. , .
- 1988 Colletotrichum coccodes, a potential bioherbicide for control of velvetleaf (Abutilon theophrasti). Plant Disease 72: 534–538. , , , .