Quantitative imaging of chlorophyll fluorescence
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 131, Issue 1, pages 69–79, September 1995
How to Cite
ROLFE, S. A. and SCHOLES, J. D. (1995), Quantitative imaging of chlorophyll fluorescence. New Phytologist, 131: 69–79. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb03056.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 5 June 1995; accepted 12 June 1995)
- 1994 Diagnosis of the earliest strain-specific interactions between tobacco mosaic virus and chloroplasts of tobacco leaves in viv by means of chlorophyll fluorescence imaging. Plant Physiology 104: 1059–1065. , , .
- 1990 Role of the xanthophyll cycle in photoprotection elucidated by measurements of light-induced absorbance changes, fluorescence and photosynthesis in leaves pf Hedera canariensis. Photosynthesis Research 25: 173–185. ,
- 1981 Analysis of the slow phases of the in vivo chlorophyll fluorescence induction curve. Changes in the redox state of photosystems II electron acceptors and fluorescence emission from photosystems I and II. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 635: 542–551. , .
- 1984 A quantitative determination of photochemical and non-photochemical quenching during the slow phase of the- chlorophyll fluorescence induction curve of bean leaves. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 765: 275–281. , .
- 1985 Effect of temperature on the CO2/O2 specificity of ribuluse-1, 5–bisphosphate carboxlase/ Oxygenase and the- rate of respiration in the light. Planta 165: 397–406. , .
- 1994 Dynamics of patchy stomatal movements, and their contribution to stesdy-stat? and oscillating stomatal conductance calculated using gas-exchange techniques. Plant, Cell & Environment 17: 995–1007. , & .
- 1990a Chlorophyll a fluorescence and Carbon assimilation in developing leaves of light-grown cucumber. Plant Physiology 93: 1078–1082. ,
- 1990b Patterns of chlorophyll fluorescence kinetics in relation to growth and expansion in cucumber leaves. Plant Physiology 93: 1083–1088. ,
- 1989 Topography of photosynthetic activity of leaves obtained from video images of chlorophyll Huorescence. Plant Physiology 90: 1233–1238. , , , .
- 1990 Inhibition of zeaxanthin formation and of rapid changes in radsntionless energy dissipation by dithiothreitol in spinach leaves and chloroplasts. Plant Physiology 92: 293–301. , , , , , , , ,
- 1993 Can CO2 assimilation in maize leaves lie predicted accurately from chlorophyll fluorescence analysis. Photosynthesis Research 37: 89–102. , .
- 1990 Computer aided fluorescence imaging; of photosynthetic systems: application of video imaging to the study of fluorescence induction in green plants and photosynthetic bacteria. Photosynthesis Research 26: 59–66. , .
- 1990 Non-photochemical quenching of Fo in leaves is emission wavelength dependent: consequences for quenching analysis and its interpretation. Photosynthaesis Research 26: 133–139. , ,
- 1989 The relationship between the quantum yield of photosynhetic electron transport and quenching of chlorophyll fluorescence. Byochimica et Biphysica Acta 990: 87–92. , , .
- 1990 The relationship between CO2 assimilation and eltctron transport in leaves. Photosynthesis Research 25: 213–224. , , .
- 1990 Chlorophyll fluorescence transients. In: BowyerJR, HarwoodJ. eds. Methods in Plant Biochemistry Volume 4. London : Academic Press, 259–296. , .
- 1994 Regulation of lightharvesting in green plants. Indication by nonphotochemical quenching of chlorophyll fluorescence. Plant Physiology 106: 415–420. , , .
- 1992 In: Fungal-Plant interactions, London : Chapman & Hall. 167–173.
- 1991 Chlorophyll fluorescence and photosynthesis: the basics. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 42: 313–349. ,
- 1993 Asymmetric patchy stomatal closure for the two surfaces of Xanthium strumariu L. leaves at low humidity. Plant. Cell & Environment 16: 25–34. , , .
- 1993 Light dependence of quantum yields of photosystem II and CO2 fixation in C2and C4 plants. Photosynthesis Research 35: 265–274. , , .
- 1987 Image analysis of chlorophyll fluorescence transients for diagnosing the photosynthetic system of attached leaves. Plant Physiology 84: 748–752. , , , ,
- 1984 Studies un the induction of chlorophyll fluorescence in barley protoplasts. II. Resolution of fluorescence quenching by redox state and the transthylakoid pH gradient. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. B. 220: 371–382. ,
- 1989 An examination of factors contributing to non-photochemical quenching of chlorophyll fluorescence in barley leaves. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 977: 287–296. ,
- 1986 Continuous recording of photochemical and non-photochemical chlorophytl fluorescence quenching with a new type of modulation fluorimeter. Photosynthesis Research 10: 51–62. , ,
- 1986 Detection of rapid induction kinetics with a new type of high-frequency modulated chlorophyll fluorometer. Photosynthesis Research 9: 261–272.
- 1984 Kok effect and the quantum yield of photosynthesis. Light partially inhibits dark respiration. Plant Physiology 75: 95–101. , , .
- 1995 Assimilation images of leaves of Glechoma hederacea analysis of non-synchronous stomata related oscillations. Planta 196: 155–165. ,
- 1991 Resolution of components of non- photochemical chlorophyll fluorescence quenching in barley leaves. Photosynthesis Research 27: 121–133. ,
- 1993 Theoretical assessment of alternative mechanisms for non-photochemical quenching of PSII fluorescence in barley leaves. Photosynthesis, Research 36: 119–139. ,