Root-induced solubilization of phosphate in the rhizosphere of lowland rice
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 129, Issue 2, pages 325–336, February 1995
How to Cite
SALEQUE, M. A. and KIRK, G. J. D. (1995), Root-induced solubilization of phosphate in the rhizosphere of lowland rice. New Phytologist, 129: 325–336. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb04303.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 16 June 1994; accepted 14 October 1994
- 1973. Comparison of two simple methods of chlorine analysis in plant materials. Agronomy Journal 65: 130–134. , ,
- 1990. Coupled diffusion and oxidation of ferrous iron in soils. I. Kinetics of oxygenation of ferrous iron in soil suspension. Journal of Soil Science 41: 395–409. ,
- 1955. Characterization of soil phosphorus by anion exchange resin adsorption and 32P equilibration. Plant and Soil 6: 391–408. , , ,
- 1964. Investigations on the analysis of inositol hexaphosphate in soils. In: Transactions of the eighth international congress of soil science, vol. IV. Bucharest : International Society of Soil Science, 563–571.
- 1980. Standard methods for the examination of waste and wastewater, 15th edn. Washington : American Public Health Association.
- 1992. Phragmites australis: Venturi- and humidity-induced pressure flows enhance rhizome aeration and rhizosphere oxidation. New Phytologist 120: 197–207. , ,
- 1987. Reactions with variable-charge soils. Dordrecht : Martinus Nijhoff.
- 1994. Root-induced iron oxidation and pH changes in the rice rhizosphere. New Phytologist 128: 469–477. , , ,
- 1976. Phosphorus in submerged soils and phosphorus nutrition and fertilization for rice. In: The fertility of paddy soils and fertilizer application for rice. Taipei : Food and Fertilizer Technology Center for the Asian and Pacific Region, 93–116.
- 1994. Phosphorus efficiency and the forms of soil phosphorus utilized by upland rice cultivars. Plant and Soil 158: 53–62. , ,
- 1982. Plant induced changes in the rhizosphere of rape (Brassica napus var. Emerald) seedlings. II. Origin of the pH change. New Phytologist 91: 31–44. , ,
- 1982. Plant induced changes in the rhizosphere of rape (Brassica napus var. Emerald) seedlings. III. Changes in L value, soil phosphate fractions and phosphatase activity. New Phytologist 91: 45–56. , ,
- 1971. A textbook of soil chemical analysis. New York : Chemical Publishing Co, Ch. 14.
- IRRI. 1993. Rice research in a time of change : IRRI's medium term plan for 1994–1998. Manila : International Rice Research Institute.
- 1991. Phosphorus status and utilization in the rhizosphere of rice. Soil Science 153: 360–364. ,
- 1988. Soil testing and plant analysis: procedure and use. Taipei : Food & Fertilizer Technology Center, Technical Bulletin No. 109.
- 1975. Varietal tolerance to low phosphorus conditions. Current Science 44: 238–240. , , ,
- 1993. Root ventilation, rhizosphere modification, and nutrient uptake by rice. In: Penning de VriesFWT, TengPS, MetselaarK, eds. Systems approaches for agricultural development. Dordrecht : Kluwer, 221–232.
- 1990. Coupled diffusion and oxidation of ferrous iron in soils. II. A model of the diffusion and reaction of O2, Fe2+, H+ and HCO3- in soils and a sensitivity analysis of the model. Journal of Soil Science 41: 411–431. , ,
- 1993. Phosphorus efficiency in upland rice cultivars. In: IBSRAM, reports and papers on the management of acid soils (IBSRAM/ASIALAND). Network Document No. 6. Bangkok : IBSRAM, 279–295. , ,
- 1995. Solubilization of phosphate by rice plants growing in reduced soil: prediction of the amount solubilized and the resultant increase in uptake. European Journal of Soil Science, submitted. ,
- 1990. Phosphorus chemistry in relation to water regime. In: Phosphorus requirements for sustainable agriculture in Asia and Oceania. Manila :International Rice Research Institute, 211–223. , ,
- 1967. Isoionic exchange of phosphate in paddy soils. Plant and Soil 28: 401–407.
- 1969. L value determination under paddy soil condition. Plant and Soil 31: 282–286.
- 1990. Rhizosphere effects of phosphorus and iron in soils. In: Transactions of the 14th international congress of soil science, vol. II. Kyoto : International Society of Soil Science, 147–153. , ,
- 1979. Research on varietal tolerance for phosphorus deficient rice soils. International Rice Research Newsletter 4: 9–10. , ,
- 1962. A modified single solution method for determination of phosphate in natural waters. Analytica Chimica Acta 27: 31–36. ,
- 1972. The measurement and mechanism of ion diffusion in soil. VII. A theory for the propagation of pH changes in soils. Journal of Soil Science 23: 82–92.
- 1983. The diffusion of two interacting solutes in soil. Journal of Soil Science 34: 677–691.
- 1984. On estimating the uptake of nutrients solubilized near roots or other surfaces. Journal of Soil Science 35: 439–446.
- 1985. Chemical kinetics of wetland soils relative to soil fertility. In: Wetland soils: characterization, classification, and utilization. Manila : International Rice Research Institute, 71–89.
- 1990. A simplified resin membrane technique for extracting phosphorus from soils. Fertilizer Research 24: 173–180. , ,
- 1956. Determination of available phosphorus in tropical soils by extraction with sodium hydroxide. Soil Science 82: 457–463.
- 1954. The Liesegang phenomenon. Chemical Review 54: 79–99.
- 1981. Aquatic chemistry, 2nd edn. Chichester : Wiley-Interscience. ,
- 1980. Retention and release of phosphate by soil and soil constituents. In: TinkerPB, ed. Soils and agriculture, critical reports on applied chemistry, vol. 2. Oxford : Blackwells, 71–114.
- 1991. Phosphorus dynamics in acidic soils that undergo alternate flooding and drying. In: DetruckP, PonnamperumaFN, eds. Rice production on acid soils of the tropics. Kandy : Institute of Fundamental Studies, 43–49.
- 1976. Laboratory manual for physiological studies of rice, 3rd edn. Manila : International Rice Research Institute. , , ,