Carbon translocation in mycelial cord systems of Phanerochaete velutina (DC: Pers.) Parmasto
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 129, Issue 3, pages 467–476, March 1995
How to Cite
WELLS, J. M., BODDY, L. and EVANS, R. (1995), Carbon translocation in mycelial cord systems of Phanerochaete velutina (DC: Pers.) Parmasto. New Phytologist, 129: 467–476. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb04317.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 2 August 1994; accepted 7 November 1994)
- 1993. Cord-forming fungi: warfare strategies and other ecological aspects, Mycological Research 97: 641–655.
- 1993. Characterisation of the spatial aspects of foraging mycelial cord systems using fractal geometry. Mycological Research 97: 762–768. ,
- 1991. Non-destructive quantification of growth and regression of mycelial cords using image analysis. Binary 3: 127–132. , ,
- 1981. The content of soluble carbohydrates and their translocation in mycelium of Serpula lacrimans. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 77: 615–619. ,
- 1982a. Long distance translocation in Serpula lacrimans: velocity estimates and the continuous monitoring of induced perturbations. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 79: 143–148. ,
- 1982b. The pathway of translocation in Serpula lacrimans. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 79: 401–407. ,
- 1987. The physiology of basidiomycete linear organs. I. Phosphate uptake by cords and mycelium in the laboratory and the field. New Phytologist 104: 444–458. , ,
- 1992. Translocation of solutes in ectomycorrhizal and saprotrophic rhizomorphs. Mycological Research 96: 135–141.
- 1986. Outgrowth patterns of mycelial cord-forming basidiomycetes from and between woody resource units in soil. Journal of General Microbiology 132: 203–211. , ,
- 1988a. Foraging patterns of Phallus impudicus, Phanerochaete laevis, and Steccherinum fimbriatum between discontinuous resource units in soil. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 53: 291–298. , ,
- 1988b. Inoculation of mycelial cord-forming basidiomycetes into woodland soil and litter. II. Resource capture and persistence. New Phytologist 109: 343–349. , ,
- 1989. Resource relationships of foraging mycelial systems of Phanerochacte velutina and Hypholoma fasaculare in soil. New Phytologist 111: 501–509. , , ,
- 1985. Internal structure and hydraulic conductivity of basidiomycete translocating organs. Journal of Experimental Botany 36: 1110–1116. , , ,
- 1967. A filter paper method for determining the moisture characteristics of soil. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture and Animal Husbandry 7: 162–167. ,
- 1986a. The structure and function of the vegetative mycelium of ectomycorrhizal plants. I. Translocation of 14C-labelled carbon between plants connected by a common mycelium. New Phytologist 103: 143–156. ,
- 1986b. The structure and function of the vegetative mycelium of ectomycorrhizal plants. II. The uptake and distribution of phosphorus by mycelial strands interconnecting host plants. New Phytologist 103: 157–164. ,
- 1985. Translocation of solutes along rhizomorphs of Armillaria mellea. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 84: 111–119. , ,
- 1987. Translocation of solutes in fungi. Biological Reviews 62: 215–245.
- 1989. Fungal community structure and functioning in decomposing wood. Ph.D. thesis, University of Wales, Cardiff.
- 1987. Genetic interactions and developmental versatility during establishment of decomposer basidiomycetes in wood and tree litter. In: FletcherM, GrayTRG, JonesTG, eds. Ecology of microbial communities. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 83–123. , ,
- 1985. Morphogenesis of vegetative organs. In: MooreD, CasseltonLA, WoodDA, FranklandJC, eds. Developmental biology of higher fungi. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 249–279. , , ,
- 1959. The analysis of variance. New York : Wiley.
- 1988. The structure and function of the vegetative mycelium of ectomycorrhizal plants. IV. Qualitative analysis of carbohydrate contents of mycelium interconnecting host plants. New Phytologist 109: 163–166. , ,
- 1984. Distribution, development and functioning of mycelial cord systems of decomposer basidiomycetes of the deciduous woodland floor. In: JenningsDH, RaynerADM, eds. The ecology and physiology of the fungal mycelium. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 185–215.
- 1986. Localised cold-induced inhibition of translocation in mycelial strands of Serpula lacrimans. Journal of Experimental Botany 38: 889–899. , , ,
- 1983. Extent, development and functioning of mycelial cord systems in soil. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 81: 333–345. ,
- 1971. Phosphorus translocation in stranded and unstranded mycelium of Serpula lacrimans. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 57: 535–539.
- 1990. Wood decay, and phosphorus and fungal biomass allocation, in mycelial cord systems. New Phytologist 116: 285–295. ,
- 1990. The fate of soil-derived phosphorus in mycelial cord systems of Phanerochaete velutina and Phallus impudicus. New Phytologist 114: 595–606. , ,
- 1995a. Effect of temperature on wood decay and translocation of soil-derived phosphorus in mycelial cord systems. New Phytologist 129: 289–297. ,
- 1995b. Phosphorus translocation by saprotrophic basidiomycete mycelial cord systems on the floor of a mixed deciduous woodland. Mycological Research (in the Press). ,