CSIRO Division of Horticulture, Carmody Road, St Lucia, Queensland, 4067, Australia.
Physiological responses of Atherosperma moschatum to day length, night length and photosynthetic photon fluence rate
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 130, Issue 4, pages 575–584, August 1995
How to Cite
OLESEN, T. (1995), Physiological responses of Atherosperma moschatum to day length, night length and photosynthetic photon fluence rate. New Phytologist, 130: 575–584. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb04334.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Submitted 7 June 1994; accepted 14 March 1995
- 1971. Rates of net carbon dioxide assimilation in rice as influenced by growth, temperature and photoperiod. Agronomy Journal 63: 543–46. ,
- 1990. Far–red radiation reflected from adjacent leaves: an early signal of competition in plant canopies. Science 247: 329–332. , ,
- 1985. Sucrose and starch synthesis in spinach plants grown under long and short photosynthetic periods. Plant Physiology 79: 838–842. ,
- 1972. The effect of light intensity during growth of Atriplex patula on the capacity of photo–synthetic reactions, chloroplast components and structure. Carnegie Institute of Washington Yearbook 71: 115–135. , , , , ,
- 1988. The effect of daylength on photosynthate partitioning into leaf starch and soluble sugars in a gibberellin-deficient dwarf mutant of Zen mays. Physiologia Plant arum 73: 245–251. ,
- 1976. Die Wirkung verschieden langer Lichtperioden auf die Photosynthese einiger Gräser. Photosynthetica 10: 25–32. ,
- 1979. Influence of instantaneous and integrated light-flux density on leaf anatomy and photosynthesis. American Journal of Botany 66: 940–45. , ,
- 1979. Photosynthate partitioning into starch in soybean leaves. I Effects of photoperiod versus photosynthetic period. Plant Physiology 64: 749–753. ,
- 1980. Acclimation of photosynthate partitioning and photosynthetic rates to changes in length of the daily photosynthetic period. Annuls of Botany 46: 739–745. ,
- 1981. Photosynthate partitioning into starch in soybean leaves. II. Irradiance level and daily photo-synthetic period duration effects. Plant Physiology 67: 257–260. ,
- 1976. An optimal policy for the metabolism of storage materials in unicellular algae. Journal of Theoretical. Biology 56: 1–18. ,
- 1986. Photoperiod and photo–synthetic capacity in Lotus scoparius. Plant Cell and Environment 9: 609–612. ,
- 1987. Effects of photon fluence rate on carbon partitioning in barley source leaves. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 25: 541–548. ,
- 1992. Responses of terrestrial ecosystems to the changing atmosphere: a resource based approach. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 23: 201–235. , , ,
- 1982a. Photosynthetic characteristics of planktonic blue-green algae: the response of twenty strains grown under high and low light. British Phycological Journal 17: 169–182. ,
- 1982b. Photosynthetic characteristics of planktonic blue-green algae: changes in photosynthetic capacity and pigmentation of Oscillatoria redekei van Goor under high and low light. British Phycological Journal 17: 183–193. ,
- 1980. The role of carbohydrate accumulation in the growth of planktonic Oscillatoria species. British Phycological Journal 15: 139–150. ,
- 1985. DNA replication in relation to DNA C-values. In: BryantJA, FrancisD, eds. The Cell Division Cycle in Plants. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 61–82. , ,
- 1983. The photosynthesis and growth efficiency of a planktonic blue green alga, Oscillatoria redekei. British Phycological Journal 18: 39–45. ,
- 1988. Adaptation to sun and shade, a whole plant perspective. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 63–92.
- 1985. Carbon partitioning in mature leaves of pepper: effects of daylength. Journal of Experimental Botany 36: 1749–1759.
- 1988. The temperature dependence of photosynthesis of some Australian temperate rainforest trees and its biogeographical significance. Journal of Biogeography 15: 431–449. , ,
- 1992. Transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression in plants. Plant Molecular Biology 19: 1–14.
- 1988. Compensation effects to growth of changes in dry matter allocation in response to variation in photosynthetic characteristics induced by photo-period, light and nitrogen. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 287–298. , ,
- 1986. Leaf optical properties of rainforest sun and extreme shade plants. American Journal of Botany 73: 1100–1108. ,
- 1951. Protein measurement with the Folin phenol reagent. Journal of Biological Chemistry 193: 265–275. , , ,
- 1987. Carbon dioxide exchange and growth of wheat cultivated under various photoperiods and night temperature. Photosynthetica 21: 314–319. , ,
- 1988. Daytime and nighttime carbon balance and assimilate export in soybean leaves at different photon flux densities. Plant Physiology 86: 880–884. ,
- 1986. Photosynthate partitioning: a labile, adaptive phenomenon in Microcystis aeruginosa. Archiv für Hydrobiologie 108: 55–76. ,
- 1992. Daylight spectra (400–700 nm) beneath sunny. blue skies in Tasmania, and the effect of a forest canopy. Australian Journal of Ecology 17: 451–461.
- 1994. Light climate as factor in the morphological variation of Atherosperma moschatum in a Tasmanian forest. Australian Journal of Ecology 19: 40–45.
- 1988. Regulation of carboxylation and photosynthetic oscillations during sun-shade acclimation in Helifinthus annuus measured with a rapid response gas exchange system. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 239–251. , ,
- 1990. Intercellular diffusion limits to CO., uptake in leaves: studies in air and helox. Plant Physiology 94: 1024–1032. ,
- 1988. Photosynthetic utilisation of lightflecks by understory plants. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 223–238.
- 1985. Photosynthetic and growth responses to different light regimes of the major canopy species of Tasmanian cool temperate rainforest. Australian Journal of Ecology 10: 327–334.
- 1979. Red–far red reversibility of flower development and apical senescence in Pisum. Zeitschrift für Pflanzen-physiologie 93: 297–301.
- 1987. Regulation of photosynthetic carbon metabolism in cucumber by light intensity and photo-synthetic period. Plant Physiology 85: 592–597. ,
- 1984. Photosynthetic carbon metabolism in leaves and isolated chloroplasts from spinach plants grown under short and intermediate photosynthetic periods. Plant Physiology 75: 397–409.
- 1979. A model of physiological adaptation in unicellular algae. Journal of Theoretical Biology 78: 519–552.
- 1976. Technical bulletin no. 510. The enzymatic colorimetric determination of glucose in whole blood, plasma or serum at 425–475 nm. St Louis , MO , USA : Sigma Chemical Company. .
- 1982. Light quality, photoreception and plant strategy. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 33: 481–518.
- 1990. Early Tertiary palaeogeography, landform evolution, and palaeoclimate of the Southern Monaro, N.S.W., Australia. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeocology. 78: 109–134. , , ,
- 1991. Review of seafloor spreading around Australia. I. Synthesis of the patterns of spreading. Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 38: 373–389. , ,
- 1960. Spectrophotometric determination of chlorophylls and pheophytins in plant extracts. Analytical Chemistry 32: 1144–1150.
- 1994. Comparison of methods to estimate dark respiration in the light in leaves of two woody species. Plant Physiology 105: 167–172. , ,
- 1988. Quantitative assessment of the degree to which ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase determines the steady-state rate of photosynthesis during sun-shade acclimation in Helianthus annum L. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 253–262. ,
- 1988. Enzymatic regulation of photo-synthetic CO., fixation in C3 plants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 39: 533–594. ,
- 1984. Growth and photosynthetic response of the cyanobacterium Microcystis aeruginosa in relation to photoperiodicity and irradiance. Archiv für Microbiologie 139: 232–239. ,