To whom correspondence should be addressed.
A process-oriented explanation of the nonlinear relationship between grain yield of wheat and ozone exposure
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 131, Issue 2, pages 241–246, October 1995
How to Cite
PLEIJEL, H., SKÄRBY, L., WALLIN, G. and SELLDÉN, G. (1995), A process-oriented explanation of the nonlinear relationship between grain yield of wheat and ozone exposure. New Phytologist, 131: 241–246. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1995.tb05725.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 13 March 1995; accepted 10 July 1995
- 1987. Correlative reductions in whole-plant photosynthesis and yield of winter wheat caused by ozone. Phytopathology 77: 75–79. , , , ,
- 1977. Factors controlling grain weight in wheat. Nature 266: 348–349.
- 1987. Rate and duration of grain fill in spring wheat. Crop Science 27: 451–455. ,
- 1994. On the impact of tropospheric ozone on plant membrane lipids. Ph.D. thesis. University of Göteborg, Sweden .
- 1975. The physiological basis of crop yield. In: Evans, LT, ed. Crop Physiology - Some Case Histories. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 327–355.
- 1993. Crop evolution, adaptation and yield. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, England.
- 1975. Wheat. In: Evans, LT, ed. Crop Physiology – Some Case Histories. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 101–149. , ,
- 1994. Critical levels for ozone. A UNECE workshop report. Schriftreihe der FAC Liebefeld 16: 1–328. ,
- 1989. Effects of ozone on the yield of spring wheat Triticum aestivum L. cv. Albis grown in open-top chambers. Environmental Pollution 60: 273–289. , , , ,
- 1992. The response of spring wheat Triticum aestivum L. to ozone at higher elevations. II. Changes in yield components and grain quality in response to ozone flux. New Phytologist 121: 211–210. , , ,
- 1990. Effects of ozone on the grain composition of spring wheat grown in open-top chambers. Environmental Pollution 65: 181–192. , , , ,
- 1989. Growth and leaf senescence in spring wheat Triticum aestivum grown at different ozone concentrations in open-top field chambers. Physiologia Plantarum 77: 389–394. ,
- 1979. Yield response of winter wheat to chronic doses of ozone. Canadian Journal of Botany 57: 1999–2005. , ,
- 1988. Assessment of crop loss from air pollutants. Belfast : Elsevier Applied Science. , ,
- 1988. Evaluation of ozone exposure indices in exposure-response modelling. Environmental Pollution 53: 43–62. , ,
- 1987. Establishing standards to protect vegetation – ozone exposure/dose considerations. Atmospheric Environment 21: 561–568. ,
- 1988. The regulation of photosynthesis in leaves of field-grown spring wheat Triticum aestivum L. cv. Albis at different levels of ozone in ambient air. Plant Physiology 88: 1115–1119. , , ,
- 1987, Effects of ozone and sulphur dioxide on yield of winter wheat. Phytopathology 77: 71–74. , , , , ,
- 1986. Yield and grain quality responses of soft red winter wheat exposed to ozone during anthesis. Agronomy Journal 78: 593–600. , ,
- 1992. Exposure of spring wheat Triticum aestivum L. cv. Drabant to different concentrations of ozone in open-top chambers: effects on the ultrastructure of flag leaf cells. New Phytologist 120: 39–48. , , ,
- 1991. Yield and grain quality of spring wheat Triticum aestivum L. cv. Drabant exposed to different concentrations of ozone in open-top chambers. Environmental Pollution 69: 151–168. , , ,
- 1993. The role of carbohydrate storage and redistribution in the source–sink relations of wheat and barley during grain filling – a review. New Phytologist 123: 233–245.
- 1993. Responses of cereals exposed to air pollutants in open-top chambers. In: Jäger HJ, Unsworth MH, De Temmermann L, Mathy P, eds. Effects of Air Pollution on Agricultural Crops in Europe. Results of the European Open-Top Chambers Project. Air pollution Research Report Series of the Environmental Research Programme of the Commission of the European Communities 46: 241–259. , , , , , , ,
- 1989. Chronic ozone stress effects on yield and grain quality of soft red winter wheat. Crop Science 29: 1251–1255. , , ,
- 1992. Effects of air filtration on spring wheat grown in open-top chambers at a rural site. I. Effect on growth yield and dry matter partitioning. Environmental Pollution 77: 1–5. , ,