The phosphorus requirement of N2-fixing and urea-fed Acacia mangium
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 132, Issue 3, pages 383–390, March 1996
How to Cite
RIBET, J. and DREVON, J.-J. (1996), The phosphorus requirement of N2-fixing and urea-fed Acacia mangium. New Phytologist, 132: 383–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01858.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 20 March 1995; accepted 30 October 1995)
- 1969 The effect of phosphorus on the growth and chemical composition of some tropical pasture legumes. II. Nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium contents. Australian Journal of Agricultural Resources 20: 675–685. , .
- 1993 Effect of low rhizosphere oxygen on growth. nitrogen fixation and nodule morphology in lucerne. Physiologia Plantarum 89: 55–63. , , , , .
- 1993 Gaseous diffusive properties of soybean nodules cultured with non-ambient pO2. Plant Physiology 87: 89–95. , , .
- 1993 Tansley review no. 50. Nutrient cycling in forests. New Phytologist 124: 561–582. , .
- 1971 Control of leghaemoglobin synthesis in snake beans. Biochemistry Journal 125: 1075–1080. , .
- 1991 Adaptation of nodulated soybean to growth in rhizospheres containing non-ambient pO2 Plant Physiology 96: 728–736. , .
- 1983 In situ open-flow assy of acetylene reduction activity by soybean root-nodules: influence of acetylene and oxygen. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 26: 73–78. , , ,
- 1990 Nitrogen-fixing potential of Acacia mangium and Acacia auriculiforms seedlings inoculated with Bradyrhiznbium and Rhizobium Spp. Biology and Fertility of Soils 9: 261–267. , , , .
- 1994 Estimation de l'azote atmospherique fixe par Acacia mangium en plantation a l'age de deux ans par la méthode de l'abondance isotopique naturelle en N15 Bois et Forets des Tropiques 238: 30. , , , , .
- 1974 Nodule and plant development in Stylosanthes humilis H.B.K.: symbiotic response to phosphorus and sulphur. Australian Journal of Botany 22: 45–55. .
- 1993 Defining phosphorus efficiency in plants Plant and Soil 155/156: 289–292. , , .
- 1987 Nitrogen fixation (acetylene reduction) by forest legumes: sensitivity to pre-harvest and assay conditions. New Phytologist 106: 115–127. ,
- 1992 Phosphorus requirements and nitrogen accumulation by three mungbean (Vigna radiata (L.) Welzek) cuitivars. Plant and Soil 147: 267–274. , ,
- 1987 Relationships between acetylene reduction activity, hydrogen evolution and nitrogen fixation in nodules of Acacia spp.: experimental background to assaying fixation by acetylene reduction under field conditions. Journal of Experimental Botany 38: 1–12. , , .
- 1994 The nitrogen-sink is involved in the regulation of nitrogenase in white clover after defoliation. Physiologia Plantarum 92: 375–382. , , ,
- 1993 Gas exchange of legume nodules and the reputation of nitrogenase activity. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 44: 483–511. , .
- 1987 Investigation of the role of phosphorus in symbiotic dinitrogen fixation. Plant Physiology 69: 835–840. .
- 1982 Ion balance, uptake, and transport processes in N2-fixing and nitrate and urea-dependent soybean plants. Plant Physiology 69: 171–178. , .
- 1988 influence of phosphorus and nitrogen utilization efficiencies and associated physiological responses in soybean. Crop Science 28: 954–960. , .
- 1985 The role of phosphorus m nitrogen fixation by young pea plants (Pisum sativum). Physiologia Plantarum 64: 190–196.
- 1985 Variation in nitrogenase activity (C2H2, reduction) during the in situ incubation of root nodules of Clycine max (L.) Merr. Camptes Rendus de l Académie des Sciences. Paris, série III, 301: 591–596. , .
- 1983 Nitrogen as a limiting factor in plant communities. In: LeeJA, McNeilS, RorisonJH, eds. Nitrogen as an Ecological Factor. Melbourne , Boston . Blackwell, 95–112. , ,
- 1978 A simple and improved method for the determination of microgram quantities of nitrogen in plant materiel. Annals of Botany 42: 363–366. .
- 1991 Effect of root zone salinity on growth and chemical composition of Acacia ampliceps B, R. Maslin. A. auriculiformis A Cunn. ex Benth. and A. mangium Willd. at two nitrogen levels. New Phytologist 119: 507–573. , ,
- National Academy of Sciences. 1983 Mangium and other fast-growing Acacias fur the humid tropics. Washington DC : U.S. National Academic Press, 18–19.
- 1990 Mechanism of soybean nodule adaptation to different oxygen pressures. Plant, Call and Environment 13: 501–512. , .
- 1993 Nodule growth und activity may be regulated by a feedback mechanism involving phloem nitrogen. Plant, Cell and Environment 16: 125–136. , , , .
- 1993 Is the C2H2-induced decline of nitrogenase activity due to phosphorus deficiency? In PalaciosR, MoraJ, NewtonWE, eds. New Horizons in Nitrogen Fixation. Dordrech : Kluwer Academic Publishers, 492. , .
- 1981 Involvement of phosphorus in nitrogen fixation by subterranean clover (Trifolium subterraneum L.). Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 8: 427–436. , , .
- 1987 Nitrate and ammonium nutrition in plants. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 25. 805–812. , , , ,
- 1989 Nodulation and growth response of Allocasuarina and Casuarina species to phosphorus fertilization. Plant and Soil 118: 125–132. , , .
- 1995 Changes in soybean nodule cortical cells under short-term salt stress and altered O2 concentration. Plant. Cell andd Environment, in press. , , , .
- 1981 Utilisation index: a modified approach to the estimation and comparison of nutrient utilization efficiency in plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition 4: 289–302. , .
- 1992a Genotypic variation in modulation and growth by seedlings of Acacia species. Forest Ecology and Management 55: 209–223. , ,
- 1992b Nitrogenase activity of two genotypes of Acacia mangium as affected by phosphorus nutrition. Plant and Soil 144: 51–58. , ,
- 1992c Nitrogenase activity and associated carbon budgets in seedling of Acacia mangium measured with flow-through system of the acetylene-reduction assay. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 19; 97–107. , ,
- 1953 A microcolorimetric method for the determination of inorganic phophorus. Journal of Biological Chemistry 202: 675–685. ,
- 1993 32P uptake and transport to shoots in Physiologia Plantarum under aerobic and hypoxic growth conditions. Physiologia Plantarum 87: 125–133. , .
- 1987 Australian acacias in developing countries. ACIAR Monograph No. 16. .
- 1995 Comparative growth and symbiotic performances of four Acacia mangium provenances from Papua New-Guinea in response to P supply at various concentrations. Biology and Fertility of Soils 19; 60–64. , , , .
- 1970 A manual for the practical study of root-nodule bacteria. international Biological Program. Handbook no 15, Oxford ; Blackwell Scientific Publications. .
- 1994 Recherche d'un systeme cultural stabilise associant des arbres fixateurs d'azote aux cocotiers In: SadikiM. HilaliA. eds. Recent Developments in Biological Nitrogen Fixation Research in Africa. Rabat . Morocco Hassan II Institute of Agronomy and Veterinary Medicine, 563–577.