Availability of organic and inorganic phosphorus compounds as phosphorus sources for Carex species
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 133, Issue 2, pages 225–231, June 1996
How to Cite
PÉREZ CORONA, M. E., VAN DER KLUNDERT, I. and VERHOEVEN, J. T. A. (1996), Availability of organic and inorganic phosphorus compounds as phosphorus sources for Carex species. New Phytologist, 133: 225–231. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01889.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 28 September 1995; accepted 10 January 1996)
- 1992. Availability of organic and inorganic forms of phosphorus to lupins (Lupimis spp.). Plant and Soil 145: 107–113. , .
- 1983. Phosphorus acquisition in four co-existing species from montane grassland. New Phytologist 95: 427–437. .
- 1980. The uptake of phosphate by Carex species from oligotrophic and eutrophic swamp habitats. Physiologia Plantarum 49: 487–494. , , , .
- 1989. Vegetation patterns in spring-fed calcareous fens: calcite precipitation and constrains on fertility. Journal of Ecology 11: 597–609. , .
- 1991. Effects of multiple environmental stresses on nutrient availability and use. In: MooneyHA, WinnerWE, PellE. J.. eds. Response of Plants to Multiple Stresses. San Diego : Academic Press, 67–88.
- 1983. Comparison of the abilities of hydroxaniic and other natural organic acids to chelate iron and other ions in soil. Soil Science 136: 145–157. , , , .
- 1977. Soil organic phosphorus. Advances in Agronomy 29: 83–117. .
- 1989. Citric acid excretion and precipitation of calcium citrate in the rhizosphere of white lupin (Litpinus albus L.). Plant Cell and Environment 12: 285–292. , ,
- 1993. The effect of phytase on the availability of P from myoinositol hexaphosphate (phytate) for maize roots. Plant and Soil 154: 189–196. , .
- 1992. Mobilization of phosphate m different soils by ryegrass supplied with ammonium or nitrate. Plant and Soil 140: 241–248. , ,
- 1982. Effects of liming on phosphate availability in acid soils, A critical review. Plant and Soil 68: 289–308.
- 1989. Solubilization of rock phosphate by rape. II Local exudation of organic acids as a response to P-starvation. Plant and Soil 113: 161–165. , , .
- 1978. Plant growth analysis. The Institute of Biology's Studies in Biology no 96. London : Edward Arnold.
- 1979. Direct absorption of organic phosphate by rice and jute plants. Plant and Soil 53: 49–54. , , .
- 1993. Mobilization of different phosphate fractions in the rhizosphere. Plant and Soil 155/156: 91–94. , ,
- 1992. Nutrient dynamics in mires of various trophic status: nutrient inputs and outputs and the internal nutrient cycle. In: Verhoeven JTA, ed. Fens and Bogs in the Netherlands: Vegetation, History, Nutrient Dynamics and Conservation. Dordrecht : Kluwer Academic Publishers, 397–432. , .
- 1987. Citrate, malate and succinate concentration in exudates from P-sufficient and P-stressed Medicago sativa L. seedlings. Plant Physiology 85: 315–317. , , .
- 1994. Phosphate uptake and transport in Agiostis capillaris L.: effects of non-toxic levels of aluminium and the significance of P and Al speciation. Journal of Experimental Botany 45: 887–894. , ,
- 1986. The mineral nutrition of higher plants. London : Academic Press.
- 1989. Organic phosphate sorption by neutral and basic soils. Communications on Soil Science and Plant Analysis 20: 723–732. ,
- 1989. Aluminium phosphate interactions in wheat. New Phytologist 113: 7–12. , .
- 1978. Principles of plant nutrition. Switzerland : International Potash Institute. , .
- 1954. Phosphorus status of peat soils. Soil Science 11: 87–93.
- 1994. Performance of fen Carex species in relation to the phosphorus availability in fen soils. In: Symposium of Community Ecology and Conservation Biology. Bern. .
- 1974. Effect of P fertilizer on root morphology and P uptake of Carex coriacea. Plant and Soil 41: 661–667. .
- 1986. Processes controlling movement, storage and export of phosphorus in a fen peatland. Ecological Monographs 56: 279–302. , .
- 1983. The Finish mire types and their distribution. In: Gore, AJP, ed. Ecosystems of the World. Vol. 4B. Mires: Swamp, Bog, Fen and Moor Amsterdam : Elsevier, 47–67.
- 1991. Chemistry of phosphorus transformations in soil. Advances on Soil Science 16: 1–120. , .
- SAS (SAS Institute) 1985. SAS/STAT guide for personal computers. Version 6 edition. North Carolina: SAS Institute, Cary.
- 1981. Root surface phosphatase activity in ecotypes of Aegilops peregrina. Physiologia Plantarum 53: 501–504. , ,
- 1950. On the relation between vegetation and electrolytes in North Swedish mire waters. Oikos 2: 239–258.
- 1949. Effect of organic anions on phosphate precipitation by iron and aluminium as influenced by pH. Soil Science 69: 205–213. , .
- 1988. Organic phosphorus compounds as a phosphorus source for higher plants through the activity of phosphatases produced by plant roots and microorganisms. Biology and Fertility of Soils 5: 308–312. ,
- 1987. Phosphatase activity in the rhizosphere and its relation to the depletion of soil organic phosphorus. Biology and Fertility of Soils 3: 199–204. ,
- 1987. Stability, elasticity and resilience of terrestrial ecosystems with respect to matter balance. In: SchulseED, ZwolferH, eds. Potentials and Limitations of Ecosystem Analysis. Berlin : Springer-Verlag, 11–49.
- 1986. Nutrient dynamics in minerotrophic peat mires. Aquatic Botany 25: 117–137. .
- 1987. Nutrient dynamics in small mesotrophic fens surrounded by cultivated land. II. N and P accumulation in plant biomass in relation to the release of inorganic N and P in the peat soil. Oecologia 72: 557–561. , .
- 1988. The vegetation of fens in relation to their hydrology and nutrient dynamics: a case study. In: SymoensJ. J.. ed. Vegetation of Inland Waters. Dordrecht : Kluwer, 249–282. , ,
- 1990. Nitrogen and phosphorus mineralization in fens and bogs. Journal of Ecology 78: 713–762. , , .
- 1991. Control of plant growth by nitrogen and phosphorus in mesotrophic fens. Biogeochemistry 12: 135–148. , .
- 1983. Nutrient dynamics in small mesotrophic fens surrounded by cultivated land. I. Productivity and nutrient uptake by the vegetation in relation to the flow of eutrophicated ground water. Oecologia 60: 25–33. , , ,
- 1986. The effect of nutrients on shoot biomass and species composition of wetland and hayfield communities. Acta Oecologica/Oecologia Plantarum 7: 31–41. .
- 1990. The relationship between fen vegetation gradients, groundwater flow and flooding in an undrained valley mire at Biebrza, Poland. Journal of Ecology 78: 1106–1122. , , , ,