Mention of brand or firm names does not constitute an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Agriculture over others of a similar nature not mentioned.
A comparative study of phenolic acids associated with cell walls and cytoplasmic extracts of host and non-host roots for AM fungi
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 133, Issue 2, pages 281–288, June 1996
How to Cite
NAGAHASHI, G., ABNEY, G. D. and DONER, L. W. (1996), A comparative study of phenolic acids associated with cell walls and cytoplasmic extracts of host and non-host roots for AM fungi. New Phytologist, 133: 281–288. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01895.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 27 July 1995; accepted 10 January 1996)
- 1992. Extensive hyphal growth of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in the presence of CO2 and flavonols. Applied Environmental Microbiology 58: 821–825. , , .
- 1992. Establishment of VA mycorrhizae in root organ culture: review and proposed methodology. In: NorrisJR, ReadDJ, VarmaAK, eds. Methods in Microbiology, Vol. 24. London : Academic Press, 851–908. ,
- 1989. Fungal growth stimulation by CO2 and root exudates in vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis. Applied Environmental Microbiology 55: 2320–2325. ,
- 1988. Early events of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal formation on Ri T-DNA transformed roots. New Phytologist 108: 211. , .
- 1992. Hyphal growth promotion in vitro of the VA mycorrhizal fungus, Gigaspora margarita Becker & Hall, by the activity of activity of structurally specific flavonoid compounds under CO.2-enriched conditions. New Phytologist 122: 461–467. , , ,
- 1996. The differential effects of cell wall-associated phenolics, cell walls, and cytoplasmic phenolics of host and non-host roots on the growth of two species of AM fungi. New Phytologist, this volume, 000–000. , , .
- 1987. Hyphal elongation of Glomus fasciculatum in response to root exudates. Applied Environmental Microbiology 36: 1928–1933. , .
- 1991. A rapid, high resolution high performance liquid chromatography profiling procedure for plant and microbial aromatic secondary metabolites. Plant Physiology 95: 584–593.
- 1960. The identification, by chromatography, of plant phenolic acids. Archives of Biochemistry of Biophysics 87: 125–128. , .
- 1994. Separation of vascular cell walls from cortical cell walls of plant roots. Protoplasma 178: 129–137. , ,
- 1993. The low temperature, rapid dissolution of gellan away from root cultures. Biotechnology Techniques 7: 467–472. , , ,
- 1986. Purification of plant cell walls: isoelectric focusing of CaCl2 extracted enzymes. Protoplasma 134: 102–110. , .
- 1992. Flavonoids: plant signals to soil microbes. In: StaffordHA, IbrahimRK, eds. Recent Advances in Phytochemistry, Vol. 26. New York : Plenum Press, 201–231. .