Effects of a mycophagous Collembola on the symbioses between Trifolium subterraneum and three arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 133, Issue 2, pages 295–302, June 1996
How to Cite
LARSEN, J. and JAKOBSEN, I. (1996), Effects of a mycophagous Collembola on the symbioses between Trifolium subterraneum and three arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. New Phytologist, 133: 295–302. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01897.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 4 September 1995; accepted 20 February 1996)
- 1983. Soil fauna (micro-arthropods, enchytraeids, nematodes) in agricultural cropping systems. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica 33:33–52. ,
- 1975. Association of population of Onychiurid Collembola to damage of sugar-beet seedlings. Plant Pathology 24:150–154. , .
- 1970. Alimentary studies of seven common soil inhabiting Collembola of southern Sweden. Entomologica Scandinavica 1:74–80.
- 1987. Springtails and mites (micro-arthropods) in different soil types with continuous spring barley and straw incorporation. Tidsskrift for Planteavl 91:111–112. , , .
- 1985. Interactions between soil micro-arthropods and endomycorrhizal associations of higher plants. In: FitterAH, ed. Ecological interactions in Soil. Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, 319–332. .
- 1985. Functioning of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizas under field conditions. New Phytologist 99:257–265. .
- 1992. Interactions with the soil fauna. In: AllenMF, ed. Mycorrhizal Functioning. New York : Chapman and Hall, 333–354. ,
- 1994. Interactions between mycorrhizal fungi and other soil organisms. Plant and Soil 159:123–132. ,
- 1991. The spread of VA mycorrhizal fungal hyphae in the soil: inoculum types and external hyphal architecture. Mycologia 83:409–418. , .
- 1992. Effects of belowground grazing by Collembola on growth, mycorrhizal infection, and P uptake of Geranium robertianum. Plant and Soil 129:203–210. , .
- 1994. The feeding preference of mycophagous Collembola varies with the ectomycorrhizal symbiont. Mycorrhiza 5:99–103. , , .
- 1992. Investigations on the damage to sugarbeet seedlings by the springtail Onychiurus armatus (Collembola, Onychiuridae) m lower Silesia (Poland). Acta Entomologica Bohemoslovaca 89:403–407. , , .
- 1992a. External hyphae of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi associated with Trifolium subterraneum L. 1. Spread of hyphae and phosphorus inflow into roots. New Phytologist 120:371–380. , , .
- 1992b. External hyphae of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi associated with Trifolium subterraneum L. 2. Hyphal uptake of 32P over defined distances. New Phytologist 120:509–516. , , .
- 1994. Hyphal phosphorus transport, a keystone to mycorrhizal enhancement of plant growth. In: GianinazziS, SchüeppH, eds. Impact of Arbuscular Mycorrhizas on Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Ecosystems, Basel : Birkhauser Verlag, 133–146. , ,
- 1983. Vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza in field-grown crops. 1. Mycorrhizal infection in cereals and peas at various times and soil depths. New Phytologist 93:410–413. , .
- 1991. Collembola effects on establishment of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae in soybean (Glycine max). Soil Biology and Biochemistry 23:307–308. ,
- 1982. Quantification of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhiza in plant roots. In: SchenckNC, ed. Methods and Principles of Mycorrhizal Research. St Paul , USA : American Phytopathological Society, 37–45. , .
- 1995. Stimulative effects of arthropods on endomycorrhizas of sugar maple in the presence of decaying litter. Functional Ecology 9:528–536. , .
- 1996. Palatability of microfungi to soil arthropods in relation to the functioning of arbuscular mycorrhizae. Biology and Fertility of Soils 21:43–52. , .
- 1992. Feeding preferences of the Collembola Folsomia Candida in relation to microfungal successions on decaying litter. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 24:685–692. , ,
- 1994. Microarthropods as bioindicators. A study of disturbed populations. Ph.D. thesis, Ministry of Environment and Energy, National Environmental Research Institute, Denmark . .
- 1991. Abundance and activity of Collembola, Protura and Diplura (Insecta, Apterygota) in four cropping systems. Pedobiologia 35: 337–350. ,
- 1994. The significance of grazing on fungi in nutrient cycling. Canadian Journal of Botany 73:1370–1376. .
- 1988. Ecological consequences of arthropod grazing on VA mycorrhizal fungi- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 94B: 25–32. , .
- 1962. A modified single solution method for the determination of phosphate in natural water. Analytica Chimica Acta 27:31–36. , .
- 1966. A method of estimating the total length of root in a sample. The Journal of Applied Ecology 3:139–145.
- 1971. Collembolernes ernaeringsbiologi og dennes økologiske betydning. Entomologiske Meddelelser 39:97–118.
- 1982. A comparative analysis of soil fauna populations and their role in decomposition processes. Oikos 39:288–389. ,
- 1991. The development of clover and ryegrass root systems in a pasture and their interactions with the soil fauna. In: AtkinsonD, ed. Plant Root Growth : an Ecological Perspective, Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications, 291–300. , .
- 1988. A consistent hierarchy in fungal feeding preferences of the Collembola Onychiurus armatus. Pedobiologia 31: 179–187. .
- 1975. A test of a modified line intersect method of estimating root length. Journal of Ecology 63:995–1001.
- 1995. Grazing preferences of some Collembola for endomycorrhizal fungi. Biology and Fertility of Soils 19:266–268. ,
- 1982. The influence of a springtail Folsomia Candida (Insecta, Collembola) on the mycorrhizal association of leek Allium porrum and the vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal endophyte Glomus fasciculatus. New Phytologist 90: 285–292. , , .