Effects of phosphorus and ectomycorrhiza on maritime pine seedlings (Pinus pinaster)
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 133, Issue 2, pages 345–351, June 1996
How to Cite
CONJEAUD, C., SCHEROMM, P. and MOUSAIN, D. (1996), Effects of phosphorus and ectomycorrhiza on maritime pine seedlings (Pinus pinaster). New Phytologist, 133: 345–351. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01901.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 26 January 1995; accepted 8 September 1995)
- 1988. Interaction of phosphorus fertilizer form and soil medium on Douglas-fir seedling phosphorus content, growth and photosynthesis. Plant and Soil 106: 191–199. .
- 1992. The growth of the extramatrical mycelium of ectomycorrhizal fungi and the growth response of Pinus sylvestris L. New Phytologist 120: 127–135. , ,
- 1986. The relationship between phosphate status and photosynthesis in leaves. Planta 167: 376–381. ,
- 1990. Carbon-sink stimulation of photosynthesis m Douglas fir seedlings by some ectomycorrhizas. New Phytologist 115: 269–274. , ,
- 1991. Role for the photosynthate demand of ectomycorrhizas in the response of Douglas fir seedlings to drying soil. New Phytologist 117: 327–334. , , .
- 1986. The relationships between phosphate status and photosynthesis in leaves. Planta 167: 369–375. ,
- 1983. Interactions of nitrogen and carbon in the physiology of ectomycorrhizae. Canadian Journal of Botany 11: 964–984. , .
- 1990. The effects of ectomycorrhizal status on carbon dioxide assimilation capacity, water-use efficiency and response to transplanting in seedlings of Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb) Franco. An. Sci. For. 47: 551–563. ,
- 1983. Mycorrhizal symbiosis. London : Academic Press. , .
- 1980. Regulation of photosynthesis by sink activity - the missing link. New Phytologist 86: 131–144.
- 1986. The influence of ectomycorrhiza on nitrogen nutrition and growth of Pinus sylvestris seedlings. Physiologia Plantarum 68: 575–582. , ,
- 1992. Dependence of photosynthesis of sunflower and maize leaves on phosphate supply, ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase activity, and ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate pool size. Plant Physiology 98: 801–807. , .
- 1990. Carbon flow into soil and external hyphae from roots of mycorrhizal cucumber plants. New Phytologist 115: 77–83. ,
- 1984. Phosphorus nutrition on mycorrhizal colonization, photosynthesis, growth and nutrient composition of Citrus aurantium. Plant and Soil 80: 35–42. .
- 1983. Effect of methionine and sulfomixine on the accumulation of ammonia in C3 and C4, leaves. The relationship between NH3 accumulation and photorespiratory activity. Plant Physiology 71: 177–181. , , ,
- 1978. A simple and improved method for the determination of microgram quantities of nitrogen in plant material. Annals of Botany 42: 363–366. .
- 1992. Carbon and nitrogen partitioning in peach/plum grafts. Tree Physiology 10: 81–92. , .
- 1976. Influence des facteurs du milieu sur l'absorption hydrique (étude effectfuée sur Tomate décapitée en exudation). 1. Facteurs nutrionnels. Annales Agronomique 27: 183–205. ,
- 1989. Effects of ectomycorrhiza on host growth and carbon balance in a semi-hydroponic cultivation system. New Phytologist 112: 389–398. ,
- 1985. Carbon flow in mycorrhizal plant associations. In: MolinaR, ed. Proceedings of the 6th North American Conference on Mycorrhizae. CorvallisO. R., USA: Forest Science Laboratory, USA : 165–169. , ,
- 1987. Development and function of mycorrhizal hyphae in soil. In: SylviaDM, HungLL, GrahamJH, eds. The Proceedings of the 7th North American Conference on Mycorrhizae. Gainesville , FL , USA : University of Florida, 178–180. .
- 1983. Nitrogen nutrition, photosynthesis and carbon allocation in ectomycorrhizal pine. Plant and Soil 71: 415–432. , , .
- 1988. Effect of restricted root growth on carbohydrate metabolism and whole plant growth of Cucumis sativus L. Plant Physiology 87: 409–411. , .
- 1990. Effects of phosphorus and ectomycorrhizas on the carbon balance of loblolly pine seedlings. Forest Science 36: 101–112. , .
- 1991. Effects of phosphorus fertilization and mycorrhizal development on phosphorus nutrition and carbon balance of loblolly pine. New Phytologist 117: 319–326. , .
- 1960. Determination of protein-bound carbohydrate in serum by a modified anthrone method. Annals of Chemistry 32: 885–886. ,
- 1987. The respiratory activity of intact and excised ectomycorrhizal mycelial systems growing in unsterilised soil. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 19: 231–236. , .
- 1988. Mycorrhizal growth responses: interactions between photon irradiance and phosphorus nutrition. New Phytologist 108: 305–314. , .
- 1966. Role of the plant growth in regulating photosynthesis. Nature 210: 77–79. , .
- 1953. A microcolorimetric method for the determination of inorganic phosphorus. The Journal of Biological Chemistry 202: 675–685. ,
- 1973. Effects of phosphorus deficiency on the photosynthesis and respiration of leaves of sugar beet. Plant Physiology 51: 43–47. ,
- 1994. Carbon use efficiency in mycorrhizas: theory and sample calculations. New Phytologist 128: 115–122. , , .
- 1986. Effect of three ectomycorrhizal fungi on growth and phosphorus uptake of Pinus silvestris seedlings at increasing phosphorus levels. Canadian Journal of Botany 64: 2753–2757. ,
- 1986. Assay of fungal chitin and estimation of mycorrhizal infection. Physiologic Végétale 24: 201–207. , , ,