Sequential encounter of wood resources by mycelial cords of Phanerochaete velutina: effect on growth patterns and phosphorus allocation
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 133, Issue 4, pages 713–726, August 1996
How to Cite
HUGHES, C. L. and BODDY, L. (1996), Sequential encounter of wood resources by mycelial cords of Phanerochaete velutina: effect on growth patterns and phosphorus allocation. New Phytologist, 133: 713–726. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb01940.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 16 October 1995; accepted 19 February 1996)
- 1993 Cord-forming fungi: warfare strategies and other ecological aspects. Mycological Research 97: 641–655.
- 1993 Resource acquisition by migratory mycelial cord systems of Phanerochaete velutina. and Hypholoma fasciculare. Ph. D. thesis. University of Wales, Cardiff , U.K. .
- 1993 Characterisation of the spatial aspects of foraging mycelial cord systems using fractal geometry. Mycological Research 97: 762–768. ,
- 1991 Non-destructive quantification of growth and regression of mycelial cords using image analysis. Binary 3, 127–132. , ,
- 1992 Translocation of solutes in ectomycorrhizal and saprotrophic rhizomorphs. Mycological Research 96: 135–141. .
- 1986 Outgrowth patterns of mycelial cord-forming basidiomycetes from and between woody resource units in soil. Journal of General Microbiology 132: 203–211. , ,
- 1988a. Foraging patterns of. Phallus impudicus, Phanerochate laevis, and. Steccherinum fimbriatum between discontinuous resource units in soil. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 53: 291–298. , ,
- 1988b. Inoculation of mycelial cord-forming basidiomycetes into woodland soil and litter. II. Resource capture and persistence. New Phytologist 109: 343–349. , ,
- 1988c. The form and outcome of mycelial interactions involving cord-forming decomposer basidiomycetes in homogeneous and heterogeneous environments. New Phytologist 109: 423–432. , ,
- 1989a. Resource relationships of foraging mycelial systems of. Phanerochaete velutina and. Hypholoma fasciculare in soil. New Phytologist 111: 501–509. , , ,
- 1989b. Spatial dynamics and interactions of the woodland fairy ring fungus, Clitocybe nebularis. New Phytologist 111, 699–705. , ,
- 1967 A filter paper method for determining the moisture characteristics of soil. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture and Animal Husbandry 7: 162–167. ,
- 1987 Growth of and translocation in mycelium of. Neurospora crassa on a nutrient deficient medium. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 88: 237–246. , .
- 1984 Distribution, development and functioning of mycelial cord systems of decomposer basidiomycetes of the deciduous woodland floor. In: JenningsDH, RaynerADM, eds.. The Ecology and Physiology of the Fungal Mycelium, Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 185–215.
- 1990 Wood decay, and phosphorus and fungal biomass allocation, in mycelial cord systems. New Phytologist 116: 285–295. ,
- 1995a. Effect of temperature on wood decay and translocation of soil-derved phosphorus in mycelial cord systems. New Phytologist 129: 289–297. ,
- 1995b. Translocation of soil-derived phosphorus in mycelial cord systems in relation to inoculum resource size. New Phytologist 116: 285–295. ,
- 1995c. Phosphorus translocation by saprotrophic basidiomycete mycehal cord systems on the floor of a mixed deciduous woodland. Mycological Research 99: 977–980. ,
- 1995 Carbon translocation in mycelial cord systems of. Phanerochaete velutina (DC: Pers.) Parmasto. FEMS Microbiology Ecology 17: 67–75. , ,
- 1990 The fate of soil-derived phosphorus in mycelial cord systems of. Phanerochaete velutina and Phallus impudicus. New Phytologist 114: 595–606. , ,