Responses to water stress in an ABA - unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. Peace) I. Stomatal function
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 134, Issue 3, pages 445–454, November 1996
How to Cite
RIDOLFI, M., FAUVEAU, M. L., LABEL, P., GARREC, J. P. and DREYER, E. (1996), Responses to water stress in an ABA - unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. Peace) I. Stomatal function. New Phytologist, 134: 445–454. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb04361.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 25 March 1996; accepted 24 June 1996
- 1994. Evidence for an extracellular reception site for abscisic acid in Commelina communis guard cells. Plant Physiology 104: 1177–1183. , , .
- 1989. Changes in stomatal conductance in intact ageing wheat leaves in response to abscisic acid. Journal of Experimental Botany 40: 1021–1028. , , .
- 1990. Does calcium in the xylem sap regulate stomatal conductance New Phytologist 116: 19–27. , , .
- 1992. Calcium in xylem sap and the regulation of its delivery to the shoot. Journal of Experimental Botany 43: 1315–1324. , , .
- 1988. Stomatal conductance and stomatal behaviour in Populus cultivars and hybrids. Canadian Journal of Botany 66: 1404–1414. , , .
- 1996. Responses to water stress in an ABA-unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. Peace). II. Hydraulic properties and xylem embolism. New Phytologist 134: 455–462. , , .
- 1989. Effect of dehydration and high light on photosynthesis of two C3 plants (Phaseolus vulgaris L., Elatostema repens (lour)Hall f). Planta 177: 84–90. , , , .
- 1991. Stretch-activated chloride, potassium, and calcium channels coexisting in plasma membranes of guard cells of Vicia faba L. Planta 186: 143–153. , .
- 1993. Effects of drought on the yellowing and the dynamics of mineral elements in the xylem sap of declining spruce (Picea abies L.). Plant and Soil 150: 303–306. , , , .
- 1994. How do chemical signals work in plants that grow in drying soils Plant Physiology 104: 309–314. , , .
- 1985. Synergism between calcium ions and abscisic acid in preventing stomatal opening. New Phytologist 100: 473–482. , , .
- 1971. Photosynthesis and respiration by developing leaves of cottonwood (Populus deltoides Bartr.). Botanical Gazette 132: 253–259. .
- 1983. An investigation into the stomatal behaviour of a wilty mutant of Pisum sativum. Journal of Experimental Botany 34: 825–934. , , .
- 1985. Evidence for a CO2 inhibited proton extrusion pump in the stomatal cells of Tradescantia virginiana. Journal of Experimental Botany 36: 91–98. , .
- 1993. Photosynthesis of oak leaves under water stress: maintenance of high photochemical efficiency of photosystem II and occurrence of non-uniform CO2 assimilation. Tree Physiology 13: 107–117. , .
- 1992. Permeation of Ca2+ through K+-selective channels in the plasma membrane of Vicia faba guard cells. Journal of Membrane Biology 128: 103–113. , .
- 1990. Hybrid poplar stomata unresponsive to changes in environmental conditions. Trees 4: 191–197. , , .
- 1987. Effects de la suppression du CO2 atmosphérique sur l'ouverture stomatique en relation avec la production de CO2 chez Helianthus annuus. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 25: 21–27. , .
- 1991. Role of calcium in signal transduction of Commelina guard cells. Plant Cell 3: 333–344. , , , .
- 1992. Stomatal response to drying soil in relation to changes in the xylem sap composition of Helianthus annuus. I. The concentration of cations, anions, amino acids in, and pH of, the xylem sap. Plant, Cell and Environment 15: 551–559. , , .
- 1991. Rapid adjustment of guard-cell abscisic levels to current leaf-water status. Plant Physiology 95: 171–173. , .
- 1994. Abscisic acid under drought and salt stress. In: PessarakliM, ed. Handbook of Plant and Crop Stress. New York : Marcel Dekker, 401–411. , .
- 1994. Stomata. In: WilkinsonRE, ed. Plant-Environment Interactions. New York : Marcel Dekker, 323–355. , .
- 1984. High-affinity binding sites for abscisic acid on plasmalemma of Vicia faba guard cells. Nature 310: 321–324. , .
- 1987. Effect of water deficit on photosynthetic capacity. Plant Physiology 71: 142–149. .
- 1993. The guard cell-environment connection. Plant Physiology 102: 711–715. , .
- 1994. ELISA quantification and GC-MS identification of abscisic acid in stigma, ovary and pedicel of pollinated poplar flowers (Populus nigra L.). Tree Physiology 14: 521–530. , , .
- 1990. Abscisic acid-induced elevation of guard cell cytosolic Ca2+ precedes stomatal closure. Nature 343: 186–188. , , .
- 1990. Some current aspects of stomatal physiology. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 41: 55–75. , , .
- 1988. Do stomata respond to CO2 concentrations other than intercellular Plant Physiology 86: 200–203. .
- 1988. Water relations characteristics of Alnus rubra and Populus trichocarpa: responses to field drought. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 18: 1159–1166. , .
- 1982. A wilty mutant of potato deficient in abscisic acid. Plant, Cell and Environment 5: 23–26. .
- 1975. Simultaneous requirement of carbon dioxide and abscisic acid for stomatal closing in Xanthium strumarium L. Planta 125: 243–259. .
- 1984. Oscillations in stomatal conductance of hybrid poplar leaves in the light and dark. Physiologia Plantarum 61: 541–548. .
- 1996. Responses to water stress in an ABA-unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. ‘Peace’). III. Consequences for photosynthetic carbon assimilation. New Phytologist (in press). , .
- 1996. Limitation of photosynthetic activity by CO2 availability in the chloroplasts of oak leaves from different species and during drought. Annales des Sciences Forestières 53: 243–254. , , .
- 1993. Calcium in the xylem and its influence on the behaviour of stomata. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, London, B 341: 107–114. , , .
- 1987a. Abscisic acid relations and the response of Populus trichocarpa stomata to leaf water potential. Tree Physiology 3: 103–113. , .
- 1987b. The relationship between guard cell water potential and the aperture of stomata in Populus. Plant, Cell and Environment 10: 313–318. , .
- 1987. Stomatal responses of Populus to leaf water potential. Canadian Journal of Botany 65: 255–260. , , .
- 1985. Role of Ca2+ and EGTA on stomatal movements in Commelina communis L. Plant Physiology 79: 1003–1005. .
- 1992. The effects of water and multi-nutrient stress on xylem sap chemistry, photosynthesis and transpiration of seedlings of two Eucalyptus. Trees 6: 7–12. .
- 1973. Abnormal stomatal behavior and root resistance, and hormonal imbalance in three wilty mutants of tomato. Biochemical Genetics 8: 291–300. , .
- 1988. Do woody plants operate near the point of catastrophic xylem dysfunction caused by dynamic water stress? Answers from a model. Plant Physiology 88: 574–580. , .
- 1995. Roles of ion channels in initiation of signal transduction in higher plants. Plant Cell 7: 833–844. , , .