Responses to water stress in an ABA-unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. Peace) II. Hydraulic properties and xylem embolism
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 134, Issue 3, pages 455–461, November 1996
How to Cite
COCHARD, H., RIDOLFI, M. and DREYER, E. (1996), Responses to water stress in an ABA-unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana×trichocarpa cv. Peace) II. Hydraulic properties and xylem embolism. New Phytologist, 134: 455–461. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb04362.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 25 March 1996; accepted 24 June 1996
- 1992. Influence of soil water on the physiological and morphological components of plant water balance in Populus trichocarpa, Populus deltoides and their F1 hybrids. Tree Physiology 11: 325–339. , , .
- 1988. Stomatal conductance and stomatal behavior in Populus cultivars and hybrids. Canadian Journal of Botany 66: 1404–1414. , , .
- 1992. Vulnerability of several conifers to air embolism. Tree Physiology 11, 73–83. .
- 1996. Whole tree hydraulic conductance and water loss regulation in Quercus during drought: evidence for stomatal control of embolism. Annales des Sciences Forestières 53: 197–206. , , .
- 1992. Use of positive pressures to establish vulnerability curves. Plant Physiology 100: 205–209. , , .
- 1994. Water relations of a tropical vine-like bamboo (Rhipidocladum racemiflorum): root pressures, vulnerability to cavitation and seasonal changes in embolism. Journal of Experimental Botany 45: 1085–1089. , , .
- 1990. Hybrid polar stomata unresponsive to changes in environmental conditions. Trees 4: 191–197. , , .
- 1995. Vulnerability of xylem to embolism in relation to leaf water potential and stomatal conductance in Fagus sylvatica f. purpurea and Populus balsamifera. Journal of Experimental Botany 290: 1177–1183. , .
- 1994. Stomata. In: WillkinsonRE, ed. Plant–Environment Interactions. New York : Marcel Dekker, 323–355. , .
- 1995. The mechanism of water-stress-induced embolism in two species of chaparral shrubs. Plant, Cell and Environment 18: 189–196. , , .
- 1991. Stomatal control of xylem embolism. Plant, Cell and Environment 14: 607–612. , .
- 1992. Water storage in the wood and xylem cavitation in 1-year-old twigs of Populus deltoides Bartr. Plant, Cell and Environment 15: 431–438. , .
- 1996. Water relations of adult Norway spruce (Picea abies) under soil drought in the Vosges mountains: whole-tree hydraulic conductance, xylem embolism and water loss regulation. Annales des Sciences Forestières 53: 113–121. , , , .
- 1992. Hydraulic conductances of the soil, the soil air gap, and the root–changes for desert succulents in drying soil. Journal of Experimental Botany 43: 319–326. , .
- 1996. Responses to water stress in an ABA-unresponsive hybrid poplar (Populus koreana × trichocarpa cv. ‘Peace’) 1. Stomatal function. New Phytologist 134: 445–454. , , , , .
- 1987. A method for measuring hydraulic conductivity and embolism in xylem. Plant, Cell and Environment 11: 35–40. , , .
- 1993. Limitation of transpiration by hydraulic conductance and xylem cavitation in Betula occidentalis. Plant, Cell and Environment 16: 279–287. , .
- 1988. Mechanism of water stress-induced xylem embolism. Plant Physiology 88: 581–587. , .
- 1992. Loss of hydraulic conductivity due to water stress in intact juveniles of Quercus rubra and Populus deltoides. Tree Physiology 10: 411–415. , , .
- 1993. Drought–induced leaf shedding in walnut – evidence for vulnerability segmentation. Plant, Cell and Environment 16: 879–882. , , , , .
- 1994. Biophysical perspectives of xylem evolution: is there a tradeoff of hydraulic efficiency for vulnerability to dysfunction IAWA Journal 15: 335–360. , , .
- 1994. Vulnerability to drought-induced cavitation of riparian cottonwoods in Alberta - a possible factor in the decline of the ecosystem. Tree Physiology 14: 455–466. , , , .
- 1988. Do woody plants operate near the point of catastrophic xylem dysfunction caused by dynamic water stress? Answers from a model. Plant Physiology 88: 574–580. , .
- 1994. Hydraulic architecture, water relations and vulnerability to cavitation of Clusia uvitana Pittier: a C3–CAM tropical hemi–epiphyte. New Phytologist 127: 287–295. , , .