Effects of repeated parasitism by Rhinanthus minor on the growth and photosynthesis of a perennial grass, Poa alpina
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 134, Issue 3, pages 495–502, November 1996
How to Cite
SEEL, W. E. and PRESS, M. C. (1996), Effects of repeated parasitism by Rhinanthus minor on the growth and photosynthesis of a perennial grass, Poa alpina. New Phytologist, 134: 495–502. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb04367.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Received 27 July 1995; accepted 9 July 1996
- 1989. Chemical analysis of ecological material. Oxford : Blackwell Scientific Publications. .
- 1993. Nitrogen relations of the sorghum–Striga hermonthica host–parasite association: growth and photosynthesis. Plant, Cell and Environment 16: 237–247. , .
- 1979. Changes in growth regulating substances in Sorghum vulgare infected by Striga hermonthica. In: Raleigh, RC, ed. Proceedings of the Second Symposium of Parasitic Weeds. North Carolina State University, 144–155. , .
- 1967. Hemiparasitic nutrition in angiosperms. I. The transfer of organic compounds from host to Odontities verrta (Bell.) Dum. (Scrophulariaceae). New Phytologist 66: 285–297. , , .
- 1989. A carbon balance model for the sorghum- Striga hermonthica host–parasite association. Plant, Cell and Environment12: 101–107. , , .
- 1978. Physiological changes in the hemiparasite Rhinanthus serotinus before and after attachment. Physiologia Plantarum 42: 151–155. , .
- 1990. Physiology of the interaction of angiosperm parasites and their higher plant hosts. Plant, Cell and Environment 13: 91–104. , , .
- 1983. Phytophages of xylem and phloem: a comparison of animal and plant sap-feeders. Advances in Ecological Research 13: 135–234. .
- 1984. Carbon, water and nutrient relations of two mistletoes and their hosts: a hypothesis. Plant, Cell and Environment 7: 293–299. , , .
- 1993. Growth, gas exchange and water use efficiency in the facultive hemiparasite Rhinanathus minor associated with hosts differing in foliar nitrogen concentration. Physiologia Plantarum 89, 64–70. , , .
- 1996. Physiology of the parasitic association between maize and witchweed (Striga hermonthica): Is ABA involved Journal of Experimental Botany 47: 1057–1065. , , .