Response to phosphorus supply of tropical tree seedlings: a comparison between a pioneer species Tapirira obtusa and a climax species Lecythis corrugata
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Volume 132, Issue 1, pages 97–102, January 1996
How to Cite
RAAIMAKERS, D. and LAMBERS, H. (1996), Response to phosphorus supply of tropical tree seedlings: a comparison between a pioneer species Tapirira obtusa and a climax species Lecythis corrugata. New Phytologist, 132: 97–102. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.1996.tb04513.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- (Received 8 February 1995; accepted 27 September 1995)
- 1989. Acid sandy soils of the Tropics with particular reference to the Guyanas. Seminar proceedings: Farming systems for low-fertility acid sandy sails. 5–9 December 1988, pp. 12–32. Georgetown, Guyana.
- 1977. Phosphorus uptake and utilization by tree seedlings. Australian Journal of Botany 25: 571–584.
- The physiological ecology of tropical succession: a comparative review. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 11: 287–310. ,
- 1965. The Kjeldahl method for organic nitrogen. New York : Academic Press.
- 1986. The nature of nutrient limitation in plant communities. American Naturalist 127: 48–58. , ,
- 1990. The ecology and economics of storage in plants. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 21: 423–447. ,
- 1979. Seedlings of dicotyledons Wageningen : Pudoc.
- 1989. Digestions and extractions. In: Soil and Plant Analysis, Part 7. Plant Analysis Procedures. Wageningen : Wageningen Agricultural University, 12–35. , , ,
- 1992. Inherent variation in growth rate between higher plants: a search for physiological causes and ecological consequences. Advances in Ecological Research 23: 188–261. ,
- 1979. Flora Neotropica Monograph no, 21: Lecythidaceae – part 1. New York : New York Botanical Garden. ,
- 1995. Nitrogen and phosphorus as possible limiting factors for tree growth on acid sandy soils in tropical rain forest in Guyana. In: Growth of Tropical Rain Purest Trees as Dependent on Phosphorus Supply. Ph.D. thesis, Utrecht University. Tropenbos Series no III. Wageningen: Tropenbos Foundation. , , ,
- 1994. Photo-synthesis-nitrogen relations in Amazonian tree species I. Patterns among species and communities. Oecologia 97: 62–72. , , ,
- SAS. 1988. User's Guide: Statistics, ed. 6.03 SAS Institute Inc., Cary , North Carolina .
- 1988. On the definition of ecological species groups in tropical rain forests. Vegetatio 75: 81–86. ,
- 1975. A test of a modified lint intersect method of estimating root length. Journal of Ecology 63: 995–1001.
- Soils of the rain forest in central Guyana, Tropenbos Guyana Series 1, Utrecht University. The Netherlands . , , (In press).
- 1986. Nitrogen and phosphorus availability in treefall gaps of a lowland tropical rainforest. Journal of Ecology 74: 1167–1178. ,