One down and thousands to go – dissecting polyploid speciation
Article first published online: 30 JAN 2004
Volume 161, Issue 3, pages 610–612, March 2004
How to Cite
Whitton, J. (2004), One down and thousands to go – dissecting polyploid speciation. New Phytologist, 161: 610–612. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2003.01017.x
- Issue published online: 30 JAN 2004
- Article first published online: 30 JAN 2004
- 2003. Genes duplicated by polyploidy show unequal contributions to the transcriptome and organ-specific reciprocal silencing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 4649–4654. , , , .
- 2000. Fitness differences among diploids, tetraploids, and their triploid progeny in Chamerion angustifolium: mechanisms of inviability and implications for polyploid evolution. Evolution 54: 1182–1191. , .
- 1989. Patterns of speciation in Drosophila. Evolution 43: 362–381. , .
- 1997. Patterns of speciation in Drosophila revisited. Evolution 51: 295–303. , .
- 2004. Reproductive isolation between autotetraploids and their diploid progenitors in fireweed, Chamerion angustifolium (Onagraceae). New Phytologist 161: 701–711. , .
- 1998. Cytotype distribution at a diploid-tetraploid contact zone in Chamerion (Epilobium) angustifolium (Onagraceae). American Journal of Botany 85: 1688–1694. , .
- 1975. Minority cytotype exclusion in local plant populations. Taxon 24: 35–43. .
- 1983. Polyploidy and novelty in flowering plants. American Naturalist 122: 1–25. .
- 2003. Understanding mechanisms of novel gene expression in polyploids. Trends in Genetics 19: 141–147. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Polyploid incidence and evolution. Annual Review of Genetics 34: 401–437. , .
- 2003. Components of reproductive isolation between the monkey flowers Mimulus lewisii and M. cardinalis (phrymaceae). Evolution 57: 1520–1534. , , .
- 1998. Pathways, mechanisms, and rates of polyploid formation in flowering plants. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 29: 467–501. , .
- 2002. Neopolyploidy in flowering plants. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 33: 589–639. , .
- 1999. Plant polyploidy and pollination: floral traits and insect visits to diploid and tetraploid Heuchera grossulariifolia. Evolution 53: 1114–1127. , .
- 1938. Cytological characteristics associated with the different growth habits in the dicotyledons. American Journal of Botany 25: 189–198. .