Evaluation of natural and synthetic stimulants of plant immunity by microarray technology
Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2004
Volume 165, Issue 1, pages 191–202, January 2005
How to Cite
Von Rad, U., Mueller, M. J. and Durner, J. (2005), Evaluation of natural and synthetic stimulants of plant immunity by microarray technology. New Phytologist, 165: 191–202. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2004.01211.x
- Issue online: 27 OCT 2004
- Version of Record online: 27 OCT 2004
- Received: 3 May 2004 Accepted: 5 July 2004
- 2002. The SA-dependent defense pathway is active against different pathogens in tomato and tobacco. Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biology Wet 67: 149–157. , , , .
- 2003. A role for the GCC-box in jasmonate-mediated activation of the PDF1.2 gene of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 132: 1020–1032. , , , , .
- 2003. Pathogen-responsive expression of a putative ATP-binding cassette transporter gene conferring resistance to the diterpenoid sclareol is regulated by multiple defense signaling pathways in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 133: 1272–1284. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Induction, modification and transduction of the salicylic acid signal in plant defense responses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 92: 4134–4137. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Transcriptional profiling reveals novel interactions between wounding, pathogen, abiotic stress, and hormonal responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 129: 661–677. , , , , , .
- 2002. Priming in plant– pathogen interactions. Trends in Plant Science 7: 210–216. , , .
- 1998. Compost teas for plant disease control. Fayetteville, AR, USA: ATTRA, 8, http://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/pdf/comptea.pdf. .
- 2002. Plant glutathione transferases. Genome Biology 3: reviews 3004.1–3004.10, doi: 10.1186/gb-2002-3-3-reviews3004. , , .
- 2001. Genetic dissection of systemic acquired resistance. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 4: 309–314. .
- 1999. Harpin induces disease resistance in Arabidopsis through the systemic acquired resistance pathway mediated by salicylic acid and the NIM1 gene. Plant Journal 20: 207–215. , , , .
- 1997. Salicylic acid and disease resistance in plants. Trends in Plant Science 2: 266–274. , , .
- 2002. The Arabidopsis mutant cev1 links cell wall signaling to jasmonate and ethylene responses. Plant Cell 14: 1557–1566. , , , .
- 2001. Different mechanisms of four aluminium (Al)-resistant transgenes for Al toxicity in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 127: 918–927. , , , .
- 2002. Milsana-induced resistance in powdery milldew-infected cucumber plants correlates with the induction of chalcone synthase and chalcone isomerase. Physiological Molecular Plant Pathology 61: 121–132. , , , , , , .
- 1996. A benzothiadiazole derivative induces systemic acquired resistance in tobacco. Plant Journal 10: 61–70. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Genes controlling expression of defense responses in Arabidopsis– 2001 status. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 4: 301–308. .
- 2004. Crosstalk and differential response to abiotic and biotic stressors reflected at the transcriptional level of effector genes from secondary metabolism. Plant Molecular Biology 54: 817–835. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Benzothiadiazole, a novel class of inducers of systemic acquired resistance, activates gene expression and disease resistance in wheat. Plant Cell 8: 629–643. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Interconversion of the salicylic acid signal and its glucoside in tobacco. Plant Journal 4: 593–600. , , , , .
- 2002. Nitric oxide induces the nitric oxide-tolerant alternative oxidase in Arabidopsis suspension cells. Planta 215: 914–923. , , .
- 2004. Wounding induces nitric oxide generation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 218: 938–946. , , , , , .
- 2003. A genome-wide analysis of blue-light regulation of Arabidopsis transcription factor gene expression during seedling development. Plant Physiology 133: 1480–1493. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. The efficiency of pooling mRNA in microarray experiments. Biostatistics 4: 465–477. , , , .
- 2004. Harpin inactivates mitochondria in Arabidopsis suspension cells. Molecular Plant–Microbe Interactions 17: 131–139. , .
- 2002. Cross talk between signaling pathways in pathogen defense. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 5: 325–331. , .
- 1997. The chemistry of benzothiadoazole plant activators. Pesticide Science 50: 275–282. , , .
- 2004. Ethylene and jasmonate as regulators of cell death in disease resistance. In: SandermannH, ed. Molecular ecotoxicology of plants. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 75–110. , .
- 1996. Benzothiadiazole induces disease resistance in Arabidopsis by activation of the systemic acquired resistance signal transduction pathway. Plant Journal 10: 71–82. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Ethylene response factor 1 integrates signals from ethylene and jasmonate pathways in plant defense. Plant Cell 15: 165–178. , , , .
- 1979. Ertragreicher, gesunder und umweltfreundlicher Gemüse- und Erdbeeranbau im. Hausgarten Lebendige Erde 30: 2–10. .
- 2000. The transcriptome of Arabidopsis thaliana during systemic acquired resistance. Nature Genetics 26: 403–410. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Multifunctionality of plant ABC transporters – more than just detoxifiers. Planta 214: 345–355. , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Production of salicylic acid precursors is a major function of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase in the resistance of Arabidopsis to Peronospora parasitica. Plant Cell 8: 203–212. , .
- 2001. The algal polysaccharide carrageenans can act as an elicitor of plant defence. New Phytologist 149: 43–51. , , , , , .
- 2004. The role of salicylic acid and nitric oxide in programmed cell death and induced resistance. In: SandermannH, ed. Molewlar ecotoxicology of plants. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 111–150. , .
- 1993. Ortho-anisic acid as internal standard for the simultaneous quantitation of salicylic acid and its putative biosynthetic prewrsors in cucumber leaves. Analytical Biochemistry 214: 500–505. , .
- 2002. Gene expression profiling of Arabidopsis thaliana in compatible plant–aphid interactions. Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology 51: 182–203. , , , .
- 1994. Quantification of jasmonic acid by capillary gas chromatography–negative chemical ionization-mass spectrometry. Analytical Biochemistry 218: 425–435. , .
- 2002a. Probenazole induces systemic acquired resistance in tobacco through salicylic acid accumulation. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology 61: 197–203. , , , , , , .
- 2002b. Chloroisonicotinamide derivative induces a broad range of disease resistance in rice and tobacco. Plant Cell Physiology 43: 823–831. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Statistical implications of pooling RNA samples for microarray experiments. BMC Bioinformatics 4: 26. , , , , , .
- 1999. Salicylic acid-independent plant defence pathways. Trends in Plant Science 4: 52–58. , .
- 2000. Differential gene expression in response to mechanical wounding and insect feeding in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 12: 707–720. , , , .
- 1998. Transcriptional control of plant genes responsive to pathogens. Current Opinions in Plant Biology 1: 311–315. , .
- 2000. Genome-wide expression-monitoring of jasmonate-responsive genes of Arabidopsis using cDNA arrays. Biochemistry Society Transactions 28: 863–864. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Monitoring of methyl jasmonate-responsive genes in Arabidopsis by cDNA macroarray: self-activation of jasmonic acid biosynthesis and crosstalk with other phytohormone signaling pathways. DNA Research 8: 153–161. , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Coordinated plant defense responses in Arabidopsis revealed by microarray analysis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 11655–11660. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Jasmonic acid carboxyl methyltransferase: a key enzyme for jasmonate-regulated plant responses. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 98: 4788–4793. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Systemic acquired resistance. Annual Review of Phytopathology 35: 235–270. , , .
- 2002. Antagonism between jasmonate- and salicylate-mediated induced plant resistance. effects of concentration and timing of elicitation on defense-related proteins, herbivore, and pathogen performance in tomato. Journal of Chemical Ecology 28: 1131–1159. , , .
- 2003. Negative cross-talk between salicylate- and jasmonate-mediated pathways in the Wassilewskija ecotype of Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular Ecology 12: 1125–1135. , , , , .
- 2002. The jasmonate signal pathway. Plant Cell 14: S153–S164. , , .
- 2003. Signaling of systematic acquired resistance in tobacco depends on ethylene perception. Plant Journal 35: 27–32. , , , .
- 2001. Isochorismate synthase is required to synthesize salicylic acid for plant defence. Nature 414: 562–565. , , , .
- 2002. OxycomTM treatment suppresses Pseudomonas syringiae infection and activates a mitogen- activated protein kinase pathway in tobacco. Physiological and Molecular Plant Pathology 61: 249–256. , , , .
- 1999. Signal transduction and pathogen-induced PR gene expression. In: , , , . Pathogenesis-related proteins in plants. Boca Raton, FL, USA: CRC Press LLC, 195–206. .