Leaf form and the reconstruction of past climates
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2005
Volume 166, Issue 2, pages 355–357, May 2005
How to Cite
Greenwood, D. R. (2005), Leaf form and the reconstruction of past climates. New Phytologist, 166: 355–357. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01380.x
- Issue online: 8 APR 2005
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2005
- 1915. A botanical index of Cretaceous and Tertiary climates. Science 41: 831–834. , .
- 2001. Habitat-related error in estimating temperatures from leaf margins in a humid tropical forest. American Journal of Botany 88: 1096–1102. , , , .
- 2003. Plant communities and climate change in southeastern Australia during the early Paleogene. In: Wing, SL, Gingerich, PD, Schmitz, B, Thomas, E, eds. Causes and Consequences of Globally Warm Climates in the Early Paleogene: Geological Society of America Special Paper, 369. Boulder, CO, USA: Geological Society of America, 365–380. , , , , .
- 2004. Paleotemperature estimates using leaf margin analysis: Is Australia different? Palaios 19: 129–142. , , , .
- 1995. Eocene continental climates and latitudinal gradients. Geology 23: 1040–1048. , .
- 2003. Warmer paleotemperatures for terrestrial ecosystems. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 167–170. , .
- 1996. Biomechanics in fossil plant biology. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 90: 195–207. , .
- 2003. Climate model sensitivity to atmospheric CO2 levels in the Early–Middle Paleogene. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 193: 113–123. , , .
- 2005. Environmental signals from leaves – a physiognomic analysis of European vegetation. New Phytologist 166: 465–484. , , , .
- 2000. Terrestrial climate evolution in Northwest Germany over the last 25 million years. Palaios 15: 430–449. , , .
- 1997. When are leaves good thermometers? A new case for Leaf Margin Analysis. Paleobiology 23: 373–390. .
- 2000. Late Paleocene–early Eocene climate changes in southwestern Wyoming: paleobotanical analysis. Geological Society of America Bulletin 112: 292–307. .
- 1979. Temperature parameters of Humid to Mesic Forests of Eastern Asia and relation to forests of other regions of the Northern Hemisphere and Australasia. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper, 1106. .
- 1995. Paleoclimatic estimates from Tertiary leaf assemblages. Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 23: 119–142. .