Leaf-level light compensation points in shade-tolerant woody seedlings
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
Volume 166, Issue 3, pages 710–713, June 2005
How to Cite
Craine, J. M. and Reich, P. B. (2005), Leaf-level light compensation points in shade-tolerant woody seedlings. New Phytologist, 166: 710–713. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01420.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2005
- 1982. Photosynthetic acclimation to variability in the light environment of early and late successional plants. Oecologia 54: 313–316. , .
- 1994. Causes and consequences of resource heterogeneity in forests: Interspecific variation in light transmission by canopy trees. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 24: 337–349. , , , .
- 1999. Growth rate, photosynthetic activity, and leaf development of Brazil pine seedlings (Araucaria angustifolia Bert. O. Ktze.). Plant Ecology 143: 23–28. , , .
- 1992. Leaf mass per area, nitrogen-content and photosynthetic carbon gain in Acer-Saccharum seedlings in contrasting forest light environments. Functional Ecology 6: 423–435. , .
- 1993. Canopy structure and vertical patterns of photosynthesis and related leaf traits in a deciduous forest. Oecologia 96: 169–178. , .
- 1988. Adaptation to sun and shade: a whole plant perspective. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 15: 63–92. .
- 2001. Tree seedling growth in natural deep shade: functional traits related to interspecific variation in response to elevated CO2. Oecologia 129: 31–42. .
- 1971. The Adaptive Geometry of Trees. Princeton, NJ, USA: Princeton University Press. .
- 2004. Testing the branch autonomy theory: a C-13/C-14 double-labelling experiment on differentially shaded branches. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 1159–1168. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Leaf area accumulation helps juvenile evergreen trees tolerate shade in a temperate rainforest. Oecologia 132: 188–196. .
- 2002. Survival and growth of seedlings of 12 Chilean rainforest trees in two light environments: Gas exchange and biomass distribution correlates. Austral Ecology 27: 173–182. , .
- 2003. Leaf display and photosynthesis of tree seedlings in a cool-temperate deciduous broadleaf forest understorey. Oecologia 135: 500–509. , , .
- 1994. Sapling growth as a function of resources in a north temperate forest. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 24: 2172–2183. , , , .
- 1994. Biometry: the Principles and Practice of Statistics in Biological Research. New York, USA: W H Freeman. , .
- 1991. The theory and practice of branch autonomy. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 22: 309–334. , , .
- 2000. Low leaf-level response to light and nutrients in Mediterranean evergreen oaks: a conservative resource-use strategy? New Phytologist 148: 79–91. , , , , .
- 1999. Low-light carbon balance and shade tolerance in the seedlings of woody plants: Do winter deciduous and broad-leaved evergreen species differ? New Phytologist 143: 143–154. , .