Cell walls: the boundaries of plant development
Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2005
Volume 166, Issue 3, pages 717–722, June 2005
How to Cite
McQueen-Mason, S. (2005), Cell walls: the boundaries of plant development. New Phytologist, 166: 717–722. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01447.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2005
- Version of Record online: 3 MAY 2005
- 1995. Molecular Characterization of the CER1 Gene of Arabidopsis Involved in Epicuticular Wax Biosynthesis and Pollen Fertility. Plant Cell 7: 2115–2127. , , , .
- 2004. The SHINE clade of AP2 domain transcription factors activates wax biosynthesis, alters cuticle properties, and confers drought tolerance when overexpressed in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 16: 2463–2480. , , , , , .
- 2004. WIN1, a transcriptional activator of epidermal wax accumulation in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 4706–4711. , , , , .
- 2001. Choosing sides: establishment of polarity in zygotes of fucoid algae. Seminars in Cell Developmental Biology 12: 345–351. , , .
- 2002. Spatiotemporal patterning of reactive oxygen production and Ca (2+) wave propagation in fucus rhizoid cells. Plant Cell 14: 2369–2381. , , , , , .
- 1993. Water-uptake by growing cells – an assessment of the controlling roles of wall relaxation, solute uptake, and hydraulic conductance. International Journal of Plant Sciences 154: 10–21. .
- 2000. Expansive growth of plant cell walls. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry 38: 109–124. .
- 2000. Alterations in CER6, a gene identical to CUT1, differentially affect long-chain lipid content on the surface of pollen and stems. Plant Cell 12: 2001–2008. , , , , , .
- 1996. Cellular basis of hypocotyl growth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiology 114: 295–305. , , , , , .
- 2000. The HIC signalling pathway links CO2 perception to stomatal development. Nature 408: 713–716. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Expansins and cell growth. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 6: 603–610. , , .
- 1997. Soluble Signals from Cells Identified at the Cell Wall Establish a Developmental Pathway in Carrot. Plant Cell 9: 2225–2241. , , , .
- 2001. Local induction of expansin is sufficient to induce the entire process of leaf development and to modify leaf shape. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 98: 11812–11817. , , , , .
- 2000. FIDDLEHEAD, a gene required to suppress epidermal cell interactions in Arabidopsis, encodes a putative lipid biosynthetic enzyme. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 1311–1316. , , , , .
- 2004. Interaction between wall deposition and cell elongation in dark-grown hypocotyl cells in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 135: 959–968. , , , .
- 1996. The role of targeted secretion in the establishment of cell polarity and the orientation of the division plane in Fucus zygotes. Development 122: 2623–2630. , .
- 2003. ‘Big it up’: endoreduplication and cell-size control in plants. Current Opinion in Plant Biology. 6: 544–553. , .
- 2002. DNA topoisomerase VI is essential for endoreduplication in Arabidopsis. Current Biology 12: 1782–1786. , , , , .
- 2001. A subtilisin-like serine protease is required for epidermal surface formation in Arabidopsis embryos and juvenile plants. Development 128: 4681–4689. , , , , , , .
- 2001. Functional analysis of the LACERATA gene of Arabidopsis provides evidence for different roles of fatty acid ω-hydroxylation in development. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 98: 9694–9699. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Cell division pattern influences gene expression in the shoot apical meristem. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 5561–5566. , .