Mosaicism in the organization of Con A binding sites on the membrane surface of female cells of Nicotiana tabacum
Article first published online: 1 JUL 2005
Volume 167, Issue 3, pages 743–750, September 2005
How to Cite
Ke-Feng, F., Ting-Ting, Y. and Meng-Xiang, S. (2005), Mosaicism in the organization of Con A binding sites on the membrane surface of female cells of Nicotiana tabacum. New Phytologist, 167: 743–750. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01502.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 1 JUL 2005
- Received: 11 April 2005 Accepted: 4 June 2005
- 1976. Ultrastructural studies of the binding of Concanavalin A to the plasmalemma of higher plant protoplasts. Planta 130: 73–79. , .
- 1985. Sexual recognition and fertilization in brown algae. Journal of Cell Science Supplement 2: 219–232. .
- 2003. Glycoconjugates in sperm function and gamete interactions: how much sugar does it take to sweet-talk the egg? Cell Molecular Life Science 60: 298–308. .
- 1984. Emerging physiological concepts in fertilization. What's New in Plant Physiology? 15: 17–20. , , , .
- 2003. In vitro and in situ localization of Con A and WGA binding sites on the surface of female cells in Torenia fournieri L. Israel Journal of Plant Science 51: 83–90. , , , .
- 1999. Double fertilization inflowering plant: origin, mechanism and new information from in vitro fertilization. In: CrestiM, CaiG, MoscatelliA, eds. Fertilization in Higher Plants, Molecular and Cytological Aspects. Berlin, Heidelberg, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 79–89. .
- 1994. An in vitro system for adhesion and fusion maize gametes. Science 263: 1598–1600. , , .
- 1979.Teratocarcinoma stem cells have a cell surface carbohydrate-binding component implicated in cell–cell adhesion. Cell 17: 477–484. , , .
- 1975. Mosaicism in organization of concanavalin A binding sites on surface membrane of mouse egg. Nature 257: 321–322. , , , .
- 1999. Cell-cell recognition during fertilization in the red alga, Aglaothamnion oosumiense (Ceramiaceae, Rhodophyta). Hydrobiologia 398/399: 81–89. , .
- 1987. New perspectives in pollen biology and fertilization. Annals of Botany 60: 15–37. , .
- 1982. The distribution of lectin binding sites on the plasma membrane of the fertilized sea urchin egg during first and second cleavage. Developmental Biology 92: 197–202. , .
- 1991. Developmental regulation of plasma membrane arabinogalactan protein epitope in oilseed rape flowers. Plant Cell 3: 1317–1326. , , , , , .
- 1985. Preferential fertilization in Plumbago zeylanica: ultrastructural evidence for gamete-level recognition in an angiosperm. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 82: 6129–6132. .
- 2000. In vitro double fertilization in Nicotiana tabacum (L.): Fusion behavior and gamete interaction traced by video-enhanced microscopy. Sexual Plant Reproduction 12: 267–275. , , , .
- 2002a. Fluorophore-conjugated lectin labeling of plasma membranes of isolated male and female gametes, central cells and synergids before and after fertilization in maize. Sex Plant Reproduction 15: 159–166. , , , , , .
- 2002b. A reliable protocol for direct detection of lectin binding sites on the plasma membrane of a single living sperm cell in maize. Sexual Plant Reproduction 15: 53–55. , , , , , .
- 1987. Analysis of labeling of plant protoplast surface by fluorophore-conjugated lectins. Protoplasma 141: 33–46. , , .