Chromosomal regions with quantitative trait loci controlling cadmium concentration in brown rice (Oryza sativa)
Article first published online: 28 JUL 2005
Volume 168, Issue 2, pages 345–350, November 2005
How to Cite
Ishikawa, S., Ae, N. and Yano, M. (2005), Chromosomal regions with quantitative trait loci controlling cadmium concentration in brown rice (Oryza sativa). New Phytologist, 168: 345–350. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01516.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUL 2005
- Article first published online: 28 JUL 2005
- Received: 22 May 2005 Accepted: 16 June 2005
- 2003. Genotypic variations in cadmium levels of rice grain. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 49: 473–479. , .
- 1994. Heavy metal accumulation and tolerance in British populations of the metallophyte Thlaspi caerulescens J. & C. Presl. (Brassicaceae). New Phytologist 127: 61–68. , , .
- 1994. Phytoremediation potential of Thlaspi caerulescens and bladder campion for zinc- and cadmium-contaminated soils. Journal of Environmental Quality 23: 1151–1157. , , , .
- 2003. Breeding low cadmium durum wheat in Canada. Abstract for Promising agricultural practices and technologies for reducing heavy metal contamination in relevant staple crops – with a special emphasis on cadmium contamination. 23rd NIAES Symposium, Tsukuba, Japan, 20–21 November 2003. Tsukuba, Japan: National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences, 38. , .
- 1997. Inheritance of cadmium concentration in five durum wheat crosses. Crop Science 37: 1722–1726. , , .
- Codex Alimentarius Commission. 2004. Report of the 36th session of the Codex Committee on Food Additives and Contaminants , Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 22–26 March 2004. Rome, Italy: FAO/WHO, 205.
- 2005. Construction and evaluation of chromosome segment substitution lines carrying overlapping chromosome segments of indica rice cultivar ‘Kasalath’ in a genetic background of japonica elite cultivar ‘Koshihikari’. Breeding Science 55: 65–73. , , , , , .
- 2002. Reciprocal chromosome segment substitution series derived from japonica and indica cross of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Breeding Science 52: 319–325. , , , , , .
- 2003. Fine mapping and characterization of quantitative trait loci Hd4 and Hd5 controlling heading date in rice. Breeding Science 53: 51–59. , , , .
- 1998. Mapping quantitative trait loci controlling seed dormancy and heading date in rice, Oryza sativa L. using backcross inbred lines. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 96: 997–1003. , , .
- 2005. Variations in cadmium accumulation among rice cultivars and types and the selection of cultivars for reducing cadmium in the diet. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 85: 147–153. , , , , , .
- 2002. Response of rice to Al stress and identification of quantitative trait loci for Al tolerance. Plant and Cell Physiology 43: 652–659. , , , , , , .
- 1987. Varietal differences in cadmium levels of rice grains of japonica, indica, javanica, and hybrid varieties produced in the same plot of a field. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 33: 629–637. , , , .
- 2002. Quantitative trait loci for sink size and ripening traits in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Breeding Science 52: 259–273. , , , , .
- 1998. Mapping of QTLs for phosphorus-deficiency tolerance in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Theoretical and Applied Genetics 97: 777–783. , , .
- 2001. Genetic and molecular dissection of naturally occurring variation. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 4: 130–135. .
- 2001. Genetic control of flowering time in rice, a short-day plant. Plant Physiology 127: 1425–1429. , , , , .