PHENOPSIS, an automated platform for reproducible phenotyping of plant responses to soil water deficit in Arabidopsis thaliana permitted the identification of an accession with low sensitivity to soil water deficit
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2005
Volume 169, Issue 3, pages 623–635, January 2006
How to Cite
Granier, C., Aguirrezabal, L., Chenu, K., Cookson, S. J., Dauzat, M., Hamard, P., Thioux, J.-J., Rolland, G., Bouchier-Combaud, S., Lebaudy, A., Muller, B., Simonneau, T. and Tardieu, F. (2006), PHENOPSIS, an automated platform for reproducible phenotyping of plant responses to soil water deficit in Arabidopsis thaliana permitted the identification of an accession with low sensitivity to soil water deficit. New Phytologist, 169: 623–635. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01609.x
- Issue published online: 25 NOV 2005
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2005
- Received: 13 September 2005 Accepted: 6 October 2005
- 1997. Control of leaf expansion rate of droughted maize plants under fluctuating evaporative demand. A superposition of hydraulic and chemical messages? Plant Physiology 114: 893–900. , .
- 2001. N. plumbaginifolia zeaxanthin epoxidase transgenic lines have unaltered baseline ABA accumulations in roots and xylem sap, but contrasting sensitivities of ABA accumulation to water deficit. Journal of Experimental Botany 52: 427–434. , , , , , .
- 2001. Growth stage-based phenotypic analysis of Arabidopsis: a model for high throughput functional genomics in plants. Plant Cell 13: 1499–1510. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Genes commonly regulated by water-deficit stress in Arabidopsis thaliana. Journal of Experimental Botany 55: 2331–2341. .
- 2005. Correlation between leaf growth variables suggest intrinsic and early controls of leaf size in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant, Cell & Environment 28: 1355–1366. , , .
- 2004. Quantitative trait locus analysis of growth-related traits in a new Arabidopsis recombinant inbred population. Plant Physiology 135: 444–458. , , , , .
- 1996. Introduction to quantitative genetics. Reading, MA, USA: Addison-Wesley. , .
- 2002. Individual leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana: a stable thermal-time-based program. Annals of Botany 89: 595–604. , , , , , .
- 1998. Is thermal time adequate for expressing the effects of temperature on sunflower leaf development? Plant, Cell & Environment 21: 695–703. , .
- 1999. Water deficit and spatial pattern of leaf development. Variability in responses can be simulated using a simple model of leaf development. Plant Physiology 119: 609–620. , .
- 2004. On systems thinking, systems biology, and the in silico plant. Plant Physiology 134: 909–911. , , , .
- 2005. Quantitative trait loci affecting δ13C and response to differential water availability in Arabidopsis thaliana. Evolution 59: 81–96. , , , , , .
- 1973. Plant responses to water stress. Annual Review of Plant Physiology 24: 519–570. .
- 2001. Regulation of drought tolerance by gene manipulation of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase, a key enzyme in abscisic acid biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 27: 325–333. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Differential mRNA translation contributes to gene regulation under non-stress and dehydration stress conditions in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 38: 823–839. , , , .
- 2004. Naturally occurring genetic variation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Annual Review of Plant Biology 55: 141–172. , , .
- 2002. Transcriptome changes for Arabidopsis in response to salt, osmotic, and cold stress. Plant Physiology 230: 2129–2141. , , , , , .
- 1998. Relationship between plant and soil water status in five field-grown cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) cultivars. Field Crops Research 57: 29–43. , , .
- 1995. Expansion of pea leaves subjected to short water deficit: cell number and cell size are sensitive to stress at different periods of leaf development. Journal of Experimental Botany 46: 1093–1101. , , , .
- 2003. Genetics of drought adaptation in Arabidopsis thaliana. I. Pleiotropy contributes to genetic correlations among ecological traits. Molecular Ecology 12: 1137–1151. , , .
- 2004. Nested core collections maximizing genetic diversity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Journal 38: 193–202. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Use of infrared thermal imaging to isolate Arabidopsis mutants defective in stomatal regulation. Plant Journal 30: 601–609. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Activation tagging, a novel tool to dissect functions of a gene family. Plant Journal 34: 741–750. , , , , , , , , .
- 1994. Phenological response of pea to water stress during reproductive development. Crop Sciences 34: 141–146. , , .
- 1999. High-throughput genetic mapping in Arabidopsis thaliana. Molecular and General Genetics 261: 408–415. , , .
- 1988. A monoclonal antibody to (S)-abscisic acid: its characterisation and use in a radioimmunoassay for measuring abscisic acid in crude extract of cereal and lupin leaves. Planta 173: 330–339. , , , , , .
- 1988. Sensitivity of soybean leaf development to water deficits. Plant, Cell & Environment 11: 835–839. , .
- 1997. Vegetative growth and soil water extraction of two maize hybrids during water deficits. Field Crops Research 52: 135–142. , , .
- 2003. Combining quantitative trait loci analysis and an ecophysiological model to analyze the genetic variability of the responses of maize leaf growth to temperature and water deficit. Plant Physiology 131: 664–675. , , , , .
- 2002. Monitoring the expression profiles of 7000 Arabidopsis genes under drought, cold, and high salinity stresses using a full-length cDNA microarray. Plant Journal 31: 279–292. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Comparative transcriptional profiling of placenta and endosperm in developing maize kernels in response to water deficit. Plant Physiology 131: 568–582. , .
- 2003. Virtual plants: modelling as a tool for the genomics of tolerance to water deficit. Trends in Plant Sciences 8: 9–21. .
- 1998. Variability among species of stomatal control under fluctuating soil water status and evaporative demand. Modelling isohydric and anisohydric behaviours. Journal of Experimental Botany 49: 419–432. , .
- 2000. Spatial distributions of expansion rate, cell division rate and cell size in maize leaves: a synthesis of the effects of soil water status, evaporative demand and temperature. Journal of Experimental Botany 51: 1505–1514. , , , , .
- 1998. Root growth and oxygen relations at low water potentials. Impact of oxygen availability in polyethylene glycol solutions. Plant Physiology 116: 1403–1412. , , .
- 2000. Growth of Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings under water deficit studied by control of water potential in nutrient-agar media. Journal of Experimental Botany 51: 1555–1562. , , , , .
- 1985. Osmotic adjustment and the inhibition of leaf, root, stem and silk growth at low water potentials in maize. Planta 164: 540–549. , .