Two patterns of leaf photosynthetic response to irradiance transition from saturating to limiting one in some plant species
Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2005
Volume 169, Issue 4, pages 789–798, February 2006
How to Cite
Chen, Y. and Xu, D.-Q. (2006), Two patterns of leaf photosynthetic response to irradiance transition from saturating to limiting one in some plant species. New Phytologist, 169: 789–798. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2005.01624.x
- Issue online: 20 DEC 2005
- Version of Record online: 20 DEC 2005
- Received: 3 August 2005 Accepted: 20 October 2005
- 1995. The Grand design of photosynthesis: acclimation of the photosynthetic apparatus to environmental cues. Photosynthesis Research 46: 129–139. , , .
- 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 24: 1–15. .
- 1999. The water-water cycle in chloroplasts: Scavenging of active oxygens and dissipation of excess photons. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 50: 601–639. .
- 1992. Too much of a good thing: light can be bad for photosynthesis. Trends in Biochemical Science 17: 61–66. , .
- 1988. Changes in the organization of stroma membranes induced by in vivo state-1-state-2 transition. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 935: 152–165. , , .
- 1990. Chlorophyll binding proteins with antenna function in higher plants and green algae. Photochemistry and Photobiology 52: 1187–1206. , , .
- 1969. Fluorescence and oxygen evolution from Chlorella pyrenoidos. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 189: 366–383. , .
- 1996. The role of xanthophyll cycle carotenoids in the protection of photosynthesis. Trends in Plant Science 1: 21–26. , .
- 2003. Role of chloroplast protein kinase Stt7 in LHCII phosphorylation and state transition in Chlamydomonas. Science 299: 1572–1575. , , .
- 2002. A major light-harvesting polypeptide of photosystem II functions in thermal dissipation. Plant Cell 14: 1801–1816. , , .
- 2004. Toward an understanding of the mechanism of nonphotochemical quenching in green plants. Biochemistry 43: 8281–8289. , , .
- 1999a. Reversible inactivation of PS II reaction centers and the dissociation of LHC II from PS II complex in soybean leaves. Plant Science 147: 111–118. , .
- 1999b. Light-induced increase in initial chlorophyll fluorescence Fo level and reversible inactivation of PSII reaction centers in soybean leaves. Photosynthesis Research 61: 269–280. , .
- 1996. Regulation of light harvesting in green plants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 47: 655–684. , , .
- 1997. Antenna protein composition of PS I and PS II in thylakoid sub-domains. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 1320: 297–309. , , , , .
- 2001. Arabidopsis NPL1: a phototropin homolog controlling the chloroplast hight-light avoidance response. Science 291: 2138–2141. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Chloroplast avoidance movement reduces photodamage in plants. Nature 420: 829–832. , , , , , .
- 1996. Photorespiration protects C3 plants from photooxidation. Nature 384: 557–560. , .
- 1991. Chlorophyll fluorescence and photosynthesis: The basics. Annual Review of Plant Physiology and Plant Molecular Biology 42: 313–349. , .
- 2002. Rapid regulation of light harvesting and plant fitness in the field. Science 297: 91–93. , , .
- 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680–685. .
- 2000. A pigment-binding protein essential for regulation of photosynthetic light harvesting. Nature 403: 391–395. , , , , , , .
- 2000. The PSI-H subunit of photosystem I is essential for state transitions in plant photosynthesis. Nature 408: 613–615. , , , , .
- 1969. Control of excitation transfer in photosynthesis. I. Light-induced change of chlorophyll a fluorescence in Porphyridium cruentum. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 172: 242–251. .
- 1999. Photoprotection revisited: genetic and molecular approaches. Annual Review of Plant Physiological and Plant Molecular Biology 50: 333–359. .
- 2001. When there is too much light. Plant Physiology 125: 29–32. .
- 2002. A stable LHCII-PSI aggregate and suppression of photosynthetic state transitions in the psae1–1 mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 215: 940–948. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Cooperative regulation of light-harvesting complex II phosphorylation via the plastoquinol and ferredoxin-thioredoxin system in chloroplasts. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 11644–11649. , , , .
- 1995. Complementary changes in absorption cross-sections of photosystem I and II due to phosphorylation and Mg2+-depletion in spinach thylakoids. Biochimica Biophysica Acta 1232: 21–26. , .
- 2001. Disruption of thylakoid-associated kinase 1 leads to alteration of light harvesting in Arabidopsis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 276: 32169–32176. , .
- 1985. Temperature-induced reversible migration along the thylakoid membrane of photosystem II regulates its association with LHC-II. FEBS Letters 191: 24–28. , .
- 1998. Both spillover and light absorption cross-section changes are involved in the regulation of excitation energy distribution between the two photosystems during state transition in wheat leaf. Photosynthesis Research 56: 95–102. , , .
- 2002. Light intensity –dependent expression of Lhc gene family encoding light-harvesting chlorophyll-a/b proteins of photosystem II in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Plant Physiology 130: 325–333. , , , .
- 1991. Lateral redistribution of cytochrome b6/f complexes along thylakoid membranes upon state transitions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 88: 8262–8266. , , , , , .
- 2003. Role of light-harvesting complex 2 dissociation in protecting the photosystem 2 reaction centres against photodamage in soybean leaves and thylakoids. Photosynthetica 41: 383–391. , .