The temperature of buds may be higher than you thought
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2006
Volume 170, Issue 1, pages 1–3, March 2006
How to Cite
Grace, J. (2006), The temperature of buds may be higher than you thought. New Phytologist, 170: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2006.01675.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2006
- 1986. Water use by the desert cucurbit Citrullus colocynthis (L.) Schrad. Oecologia 70: 475–480. , .
- 1988. Boundary-layer resistances of artificial leaves in turbulent air. I. Leaves parallel to the mean flow. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 45: 137–156. , , .
- 1983. Natural convection from leaves at realistic Grashof numbers. Plant, Cell & Environment 6: 665–670. , .
- 1971. Atlas of Energy Budgets of Plant Leaves. London, NY: Academic Press. , .
- 1977. Plant Response to Wind. London: Academic Press. .
- 1989. Climate and meristem temperatures of plant communities near the tree-line. Oecologia 79: 198–204. , , .
- 1980. Boundary layer conductance of the leaves of some tropical timber trees. Plant, Cell & Environment 3: 443–450. , , .
- 1986. Effects of temperature on shoot growth in northern provenances of Pinus sylvestris L. Tree Physiology 1: 185–192. .
- 1999. Boundary layer conductance, leaf temperature and transpiration of Abies amabilis branches. Tree Physiology 19: 435–443. , , , .
- 1983. Predicting effects of vegetation changes on transpiration and evaporation. In: Water Deficits and Plant Growth, Vol. VII (ed. TTKozlowski). San Diego: Academic Press, pp. 1–47. , .
- 2006. Foliage influences forced convection heat transfer in conifer branches and buds. New Phytologist 170, 87–98. ,
- 1989. Date of budburst of fifteen tree species in Britain following climatic warming. Journal of Applied Ecology 26: 693–700. , , .
- 1985. Convective heat transfer from leaves, In: Grace J (ed.) The Effects of Shelter on the Physiology of Plants and Animals. Lisse: Swets & Zeitlinger, pp. 1–15. , .
- 2001. Heat transfer of rhyniophytic plant axes. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 116: 109–122. .
- 1987. Temperature and stature, a study of temperatures in montane vegetation. Functional Ecology 1: 405–414. , , , .