The nucleotide sequence of Pp-GH3.16 appears in the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ Nucleotide Sequence Databases under accession number AM042714.
The auxin-inducible GH3 homologue Pp-GH3.16 is downregulated in Pinus pinaster root systems on ectomycorrhizal symbiosis establishment
Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2006
Volume 170, Issue 2, pages 391–400, April 2006
How to Cite
Reddy, S. M., Hitchin, S., Melayah, D., Pandey, A. K., Raffier, C., Henderson, J., Marmeisse, R. and Gay, G. (2006), The auxin-inducible GH3 homologue Pp-GH3.16 is downregulated in Pinus pinaster root systems on ectomycorrhizal symbiosis establishment. New Phytologist, 170: 391–400. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2006.01677.x
- Issue online: 14 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 14 MAR 2006
- Received: 22 November 2005 Accepted: 23 December 2005
- 2002a. Characterization of an Aux/IAA cDNA upregulated in Pinus pinaster roots in response to colonization by the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum. New Phytologist 154: 769–777. , , , , .
- 2002b. Characterization of a Pinus pinaster cDNA encoding an auxin up-regulated putative peroxidase in roots. Tree Physiology 22: 231–238. , , , , , .
- 2004. Nonmycorrhizal (Myc−) mutants of Hebeloma cylindrosporum obtained through insertional mutagenesis. Molecular Plant–Microbe Interactions 17: 1029–1038. , , , , , .
- 1987. In vitro fruiting under controlled conditions of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum associated with Pinus pinaster. New Phytologist 105: 429–435. , .
- 2003. Identification of water-deficit-responsive genes in maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) roots. Plant Molecular Biology 51: 249–262. , .
- 1990. Induction and superinduction of auxin-responsive genes with auxin and protein synthesis inhibitors. Journal of Biological Chemistry 265: 15845–15849. , , .
- 1994. Auxin overproducer mutants of Hebeloma cylindrosporum Romagnesi have increased mycorrhizal activity. New Phytologist 128: 645–657. , , , , .
- 1994. Structural aspects of ectomycorrhiza of Pinus pinaster (Ait.) Sol. formed by an IAA overproducer mutant of the fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum Romagnesi. New Phytologist 128: 659–670. , , , .
- 1985. Rapid induction of selective transcription by auxins. Molecular Cell Biology 5: 1197–1203. , .
- 2002. Auxin-responsive gene expression: genes, promoters and regulatory factors. Plant Molecular Biology 49: 373–385. , .
- 1984. Auxin-regulated gene expression in intact soybean hypocotyl and excised hypocotyl sections. Planta 162: 147–153. , , .
- 1991. Auxin-induced expression of the soybean GH3 promoter in transgenic tobacco plants. Plant Molecular Biology 17: 567–579. , , , .
- 1988. clustal: a package for performing multiple alignment on a microcomputer. Gene 73: 237–244. , .
- 2004. Transcriptional responses of Paxillus involutus and Betula pendula during formation of ectomycorrhizal root tissue. Molecular Plant–Microbe Interactions 17: 202–215. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. A simple method and efficient protocol for isolation of functional RNA from plant tissues rich in secondary metabolites. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 18: 33–39. , , .
- 2001. Fungal auxin overproduction affects the anatomy of Hebeloma cylindrosporum–Pinus pinaster ectomycorrhizas. Tree Physiology 21: 533–540. , , .
- 1994. Soybean GH3 promoter contains multiple auxin-inducible elements. Plant Cell 6: 645–657. , , , , .
- 1997. Differential gene expression in response to auxin treatment in the wild type and rac, an adventitous rooting-incompetent mutant of tobacco. Plant Physiology 114: 1197–1206. , , .
- 2001. Developmental cross talking in the ectomycorrhizal symbiosis: signals and communication genes. New Phytologist 151: 145–154. , , , , , .
- 1997. Altered gene expression during ectomycorrhizal development. In: LemkeP, CarrolG, eds. The Mycota, V, Part A, Plant Relationship. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, 223–242. , , .
- 1995. Ectomycorrhiza development: a molecular perspective. In: VarmaA, HockB, eds. Mycorrhiza. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 29–58. , .
- 1998. Auxin transport inhibition precedes root nodule formation in white clover roots and is regulated by flavonoids and derivatives of chitin oligosaccharides. Plant Journal 14: 23–34. , , , , , .
- 2001. DFL1, an auxin-responsive GH3 gene homologue, negatively regulates shoot cell elongation and lateral root formation, and positively regulates the light response of hypocotyl length. Plant Journal 25: 213–221. , , , , , , .
- 1969. Carbohydrate metabolism during morphogenesis of Coprinus lagopus (sensu Buller). Journal of Bacteriology 100: 1222–1228. , .
- 2003. The auxin responsive gene–C61 is up-regulated in Pinus pinaster roots following inoculation with ectomycorrhizal fungi. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 681–691. , , , , .
- 1997. Isolation by differential display and characterization of tobacco auxin-responsive cDNA Nt-gh3 related to Gh3. FEBS Letters 419: 131–136. , .
- 1997. Mycorrhizal Symbiosis, 2nd edn. London: Academic Press. , .
- 2005. Characterization of an Arabidopsis enzyme family that conjugates amino acids to indole-3-acetic acid. Plant Cell 17: 616–627. , , , , , , .
- 2004. ydk1-D, an auxin-responsive GH3 mutant that is involved in hypocotyl and root elongation. Plant Journal 37: 471–483. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Dynamics of symbiotic establishment between an IAA-overproducing mutant of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Hebeloma cylindrosporum and Pinus pinaster. Tree Physiology 20: 123–129. , , , , .
- 2001. Identification of symbiosis-regulated genes in Eucalyptus globulus–Pisolithus tinctorius ectomycorrhiza by differential hybridization of arrayed cDNAs. Plant Journal 25: 181–191. , , , .
- 2002. Ectomycorrhiza: gene expression, metabolism and the wood-wide web. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 5: 1–7. , .
- 1987. An auxin-induced polypeptide in dicotyledonous plants. Plant Molecular Biology 9: 625–634. , , .