Towards plant systems biology – novel mathematical approaches to enable quantitative analysis of growth processes
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2006
Volume 171, Issue 3, pages 443–444, August 2006
How to Cite
Palme, K. (2006), Towards plant systems biology – novel mathematical approaches to enable quantitative analysis of growth processes. New Phytologist, 171: 443–444. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2006.01808.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2006
- 1997. Measuring 3-D plant growth using optical flow. Bioimaging 5: 82–86. , .
- 2006. Quantification of curvature production in cylindrical organs, such as roots and hypocotyls. New Phytologist 171: 633–641. .
- 1976. Modeling of plant growth. Annual of Review of Plant Physiology 27: 407–434. .
- 1951. An analysis of root growth in cellular and biochemical terms. Growth 15: 89–116. , .
- 1956. Rates of cell division and cell elongation in the growth of the primary root of Zea mays. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 100: 499–514. , .
- 1979. Velocity determination in scenes containing several moving objects. Computer Graphics and Image Processing 9: 301–315. , .
- 1997. Primary responses of root and leaf elongation to water deficits in the atmosphere and soil solution. Journal of Experimental Botany 48: 985–999. .
- 1981. Determining optical flow. Artifical Intelligence 17: 185–203. , .
- 1970. Maize leaf elongation: continuous measurements and the dependence on plant water status. Science 168: 590–591. , , .
- 1993. The role of the distal elongation zone in the response of maize roots to auxin and gravity. Plant Physiology 102: 1203–1210. , .
- 1995. Specialized zones of development in roots. Plant Physiology 109: 725–727. , .
- 1997. Novel software for analysis of root gravitropism: comparative response patterns of Arabidopsis wild-type and axr-1 seedlings. Plant, Cell & Environment 20: 919–928. , .
- 1991. Computer-based video digitizer analysis of surface extension in maize roots. Planta 183: 381–390. , , .
- 1997. Motion. In: Digital Image Processing, 4th edn. Heidelberg, Germany: Springer, 395–450. .
- 1995. Oscillations in corn seedling growth as measured by optical flow. Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Science 120: 379–385. , , , .
- 1998. Root-growth behavior of the Arabidopsis mutant rgr1. Plant Physiology 118: 1139–1145. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Kinetics of constant gravitropic stimulus response in arabidopsis roots using a feedback system. Plant Physiology 123: 665–670. , , , .
- 2000. Image sequence evaluation: 30 years and still going strong. In: 15th IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Vol 1. Computer vision and image analysis. Los Alamitos, CA, USA: IEEE, 149–158. .
- 2006. Auxin transport and gravitational research – perspectives. Protoplasma. (In press.) , , .
- 1887. Vorlesung über Pflanzen-Physiologie. Leipzig, Germany: Wilhelm Engelmann. .
- 1998. Quantitative analysis of the local rates of growth of dicot leaves at high temporal and spatial resolution, using image sequence analysis. Plant Journal 16: 505–514. , , , .
- 2001. Computer vision. Engle-wood Cliffs, NJ, USA: Prentice Hall. , .
- 1992. Steady form from changing cells. International Journal of Plant Science 153: S49–S58. .
- 2002. Spatio-temporal dynamics of expansion growth in roots: automatic quantification of diurnal course and temperature response by digital image sequence processing. Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 689–698. , , , , , .
- 2002a. The kinetics of root gravitropism: dual motors and sensors. Journal of Plant Growth and Regulation 21: 102–112. , , .
- 2002b. Root gravitropism in response to a signal originating outside of the cap. Planta 215: 153–157. , , , .