Bayesian change-point analyses in ecology
Article first published online: 22 FEB 2007
Volume 174, Issue 2, pages 456–467, April 2007
How to Cite
Beckage, B., Joseph, L., Belisle, P., Wolfson, D. B. and Platt, W. J. (2007), Bayesian change-point analyses in ecology. New Phytologist, 174: 456–467. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.01991.x
- Issue published online: 22 FEB 2007
- Article first published online: 22 FEB 2007
- Received: 27 September 2006 Accepted: 26 November 2006
- 1998. Relations between density of rhododendron thickets and diversity of riparian forests. Forest Ecology and Management 109: 21–32. , .
- 2000. A long-term study of tree seedling recruitment in Southern Appalachian forests: the effects of canopy gaps and shrub understories. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 30: 1617–1631. , , , .
- 1999. Bayesian analysis of agricultural field experiments (with discussion). Journal of Royal Statistical Society, Series B 61: 691–746. , .
- 1995. On conditional and intrinsic autoregressions. Biometrika 82: 733–746. , .
- CACC (Committee on Abrupt Climate Change). 2002. Abrupt climate change: inevitable surprises. Washington, DC, USA: National Academy Press.
- 1988. Growth and canopy architecture of shade tolerant trees: the response of Acer saccharum and Fagus grandifolia to canopy gaps. Ecology 69: 786–795. .
- 1990. Light regimes beneath closed canopies and tree-fall gaps in temperate and tropical forests. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 20: 620–631. , , , , , .
- 2005. Why environmental scientists are becoming Bayesians. Ecology Letters 8: 2–14. .
- 2002. Height diameter equations for thirteen Midwestern bottomland hardwood species. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry 19: 171–176. , , .
- 2004. Vicious circles: positive feedback in major evolutionary and ecological transitions. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 19: 627–633. .
- 2000. Observed climate variability and change of relevance to the biosphere. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres 105: 20101–20114. , , , , , .
- 2004. Bayesian inference in ecology. Ecology Letters 7: 509–520. .
- 1995. Delineation of ecological boundaries: comparison of approaches and significance tests. Oikos 72: 323–332. , .
- 2003. Bayesian data analysis. Boca Raton, FL, USA: Chapman & Hall. , , , .
- 2005. Earth's energy imbalance: confirmation and implications. Science 308: 1431–1435. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Dynamics of climate and ecosystem coupling: abrupt changes and multiple equilibria. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London, Series B 357: 647–655. , , .
- 2002. Positive feedbacks of fire, climate, and vegetation, and the conversion of tropical savanna. Geophysical Research Letters 29: 2052 (doi: 10.1029/2002/GL015424). , , .
- IPCC. 2001. Climate change 2001: the scientific basis. IPCC third assessment report: climate change 2001. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- 1997. Catastrophic vegetation shifts and soil degradation in terrestrial grazing systems. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 12: 352–356. , , .
- 2004. Climate change: all downhill from here? Science 303: 1600–1602. .
- 2001. Rising CO2 levels and the fecundity of forest trees. Science 292: 95–98. , .
- 1998. Global-scale temperature patterns and climate forcing over the past six centuries. Nature 392: 779–787. , , .
- 2004. Ecological versus climatic thresholds. Science 306: 2197–2198. .
- 2005. How much more global warming and sea level rise? Science 307: 1769–1772. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Diameter, height, crown, and age relationship in eight neotropical tree species. Ecology 76: 1926–1939. , , , , .
- 1994. Sapling growth as a function of resources in a north temperate forest. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 24: 2172–2183. , , Jr, .
- 2003. A globally coherent fingerprint of climate change impacts across natural systems. Nature 421: 37–42. , .
- 1993. Dynamics of an old-growth longleaf pine population. Proceedings of the Tall Timbers Fire Ecology Conference 18: 275–297. , .
- 1989. Gaps in forest ecology. Ecology 70: 535. , .
- 1988. The population dynamics of a long-lived conifer (Pinus palustris). American Naturalist 131: 491–525. , , .
- 1981. Gap regeneration in some old-growth forests of the eastern United States. Ecology 62: 1041–1051. .
- 1995. BUGS: Bayesian inference using Gibbs sampling, Version 0.50. Cambridge, UK: MRC Biostatistics Unit. , , , .
- 1988. Introduction and site description. In: SwankWT, CrossleyDA, eds. Forest hydrology and ecology at Coweeta. New York, NY, USA: Springer-Verlag, 3–16. , .
- 1997. Canopy closure rate and forest structure. Ecology 78: 1555–1562. , .
- 1996. Parametric empirical Bayes methods for ecological applications. Ecological Applications 6: 1047–1055. .
- 2004. Thresholds in ecological and social-ecological systems: a developing database. Ecology Society 9: 3. (http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol9/iss2/art3). , .
- 2002. Ecological responses to recent climate change. Nature 416: 389–395. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. The Climate change commitment. Science 307: 1766–1769. .