Polyploidy: genome obesity and its consequences
Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2007
© The Authors (2007). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2007)
Volume 174, Issue 4, pages 717–720, June 2007
How to Cite
Chen, Z. J., Ha, M. and Soltis, D. (2007), Polyploidy: genome obesity and its consequences. New Phytologist, 174: 717–720. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.02084.x
- Issue online: 11 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 11 MAY 2007
- 2003. Genes duplicated by polyploidy show unequal contributions to the transcriptome and organ-specific reciprocal silencing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 4649–4654. , , ,
- 2003. A recent polyploidy superimposed on older large-scale duplications in the arabidopsis genome. Genome Research 13: 137–144. , ,
- 2003. The basis of natural and artificial postzygotic hybridization barriers in arabidopsis species. Plant Cell 15: 1430–1442. , ,
- 2007. Genetic and epigenetic mechanisms for gene expression and phenotypic variation in plant polyploids. Annual Review of Plant Biology 58: 377–406.
- 1997. Transcriptional analysis of nucleolar dominance in polyploid plants: biased expression/silencing of progenitor rrna genes is developmentally regulated in Brassica. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 94: 3442–3447. ,
- 2005. The advantages and disadvantages of being polyploid. Nature Reviews Genetics 6: 836–846.
- 1997. Rapid elimination of low-copy DNA sequences in polyploid wheat: a possible mechanism for differentiation of homoeologous chromosomes. Genetics 147: 1381–1387. , , , , ,
- 1981. Plant speciation. New York, NY, USA: Columbia University Press.
- 2006. Parent-dependent loss of gene silencing during interspecies hybridization. Current Biology 16: 1322–1328. , ,
- 2002. The impact of polyploidy on grass genome evolution. Plant Physiology 130: 1587–1593. ,
- 2000. The probability of duplicate gene preservation by subfunctionalization. Genetics 154: 459–473. ,
- 1993. Parental origin of triploidy in human fetuses: evidence for genomic imprinting. Human Genetics 92: 465–469. , , ,
- 2003. Understanding mechanisms of novel gene expression in polyploids. Trends in Genetics 19: 141–147. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Polyploid incidence and evolution. Annual Review of Genetics 34: 401–437. ,
- 2004. Flowering time divergence and genomic rearrangements in resynthesized brassica polyploids (brassicaceae). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 82: 675–688. , , , , , ,
- 2006. Sequence conservation of homeologous bacterial artificial chromosomes and transcription of homeologous genes in soybean (glycine max 1. Merr.). Genetics 174: 1017–1028. , , ,
- 2003. Advances in the study of polyploidy since plant speciation. New Phytologist 161: 173–191. , ,
- 1995. Rapid genome change in synthetic polyploids of brassica and its implications for polyploid evolution. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 92: 7719–7723. , , ,
- 2004. Polyploidy in plants. The evolution of the genome. New York, NY, USA: Academic Press. , ,
- 2006. Genomewide nonadditive gene regulation in arabidopsis allotetraploids. Genetics 172: 507–517. , , , , , , , , , ,
- 2000. Genome evolution in polyploids. Plant Molecular Biology 42: 225–249.