A cotton ascorbate peroxidase is involved in hydrogen peroxide homeostasis during fibre cell development
Article first published online: 7 JUN 2007
Volume 175, Issue 3, pages 462–471, August 2007
How to Cite
Li, H.-B., Qin, Y.-M., Pang, Y., Song, W.-Q., Mei, W.-Q. and Zhu, Y.-X. (2007), A cotton ascorbate peroxidase is involved in hydrogen peroxide homeostasis during fibre cell development. New Phytologist, 175: 462–471. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.02120.x
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 7 JUN 2007
- Received: 16 February 2007 Accepted: 11 April 2007
- 2003. Mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Nature 422: 198–207. , .
- 1973. The effects of plant growth substances on in vitro fiber development from fertilized cotton ovules. American Journal of Botany 60: 130–139. , .
- 1977. Involvement of hydrogen peroxide in the regulation of senescence in pear. Plant Physiology 59: 411–416. , .
- 2000. Loosening of plant cell walls by expansins. Nature 407: 321–326. .
- 2004. Cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase 1 is a central component of the reactive oxygen gene network of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 17: 268–281. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Responses of antioxidants to paraquat in pea leaves. Plant Physiology 113: 249–257. , , , , .
- 2003. Reactive oxygen species produced by NADPH oxidase regulate plant cell growth. Nature 422: 442–446. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Control of ascorbate peroxidase 2 expression by hydrogen peroxide and leaf water status during excess light stress reveals a functional organisation of Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Journal 33: 691–705. , , , , , .
- 1988. The current state of two-dimensional electrophoresis with immobilized pH gradients. Electrophoresis 9: 531–546. , , .
- 2003. Isolation and analyses of genes preferentially expressed during early cotton fiber development by substractive PCR and cDNA array. Nucleic Acids Research 31: 2534–2543. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Role of auxin-induced reactive oxygen species in root gravitropism. Plant Physiology 126: 1055–1060. , , .
- 1997. Photosynthetic electron transport regulates the expression of cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase genes in Arabidopsis during excess light stress. Plant Cell 9: 627–640. , , , , .
- 1999. Systemic signaling and acclimation in response to excess excitation energy in Arabidopsis. Science 284: 654–657. , , , , , .
- 1999. Induction of ascorbate peroxidase by ethylene and hydrogen peroxide during growth of cultured soybean cells. Molecular Cells 9: 166–171. , , .
- 2004. Production of reactive oxygen intermediates (O2.–, H2O2, and .OH) by maize roots and their role in wall loosening and elongation growth. Plant Physiology 136: 3114–3123. , , .
- 1970. Properties and regulation of glutathione peroxidase. Journal of Biological Chemistry 245: 3632–3636. , , , .
- 1991. Purification and characterization of pea cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase. Plant Physiology 97: 962–968. , .
- 1992. Molecular cloning and characterization of a gene encoding pea cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase. Journal of Biological Chemistry 267: 21802–21807. , .
- 2004. Reactive oxygen gene network of plants. Trends in Plant Science 9: 490–498. , , , .
- 1999. Induction of rice cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase mRNA by oxidative stress; the involvement of hydrogen peroxide in oxidative stress signalling. Plant and Cell Physiology 40: 417–422. , , , .
- 2003. Inducers of plant systemic acquired resistance regulate NPR1 function through redox changes. Cell 113: 935–944. , , .
- 1987. Purification of ascorbate peroxidase in spinach chloroplasts; its inactivation in ascorbate-depleted medium and reactivation by monodehydroascorbate radical. Plant and Cell Physiology 28: 131–140. , .
- 1999. The involvement of hydrogen peroxide in the differentiation of secondary wall in cotton fibers. Plant Physiology 119: 849–858. , , , , .
- 2005. Cloning and functional characterization of two cDNAs encoding NADPH-dependent 3-ketoacyl-CoA reductases from developing cotton fibers. Cell Research 15: 465–473. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Reactive oxygen species in the elongation zone of maize leaves are necessary for leaf extension. Plant Physiology 129: 1627–1632. , , .
- 1995. Changes in ascorbate peroxidase activities during fruit ripening in Capsicum annum. FEBS Letter 358: 149–152. , , , .
- 2001. Hydroxyl radical-induced cell-wall loosening in vitro and in vivo: implications for the control of elongation growth. Plant Journal 28: 679–688. .
- 1996. Mass spectrometric sequencing of proteins from silver-stained polyacrylamide gels. Analytical Chemistry 68: 850–858. , , , .
- 2006. Transcriptome profiling, molecular biological, and physiological studies reveal a major role for ethylene in cotton fiber cell elongation. Plant Cell 18: 651–664. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Regulation and function of ascorbate peroxidase isoenzymes. Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 1305–1319. , , , , , , .
- 1998. The heat-shock element is a functional component of the Arabidopsis APX1 gene promoter. Plant Physiology 118: 1005–1014. , , , , .
- 2000. Molecular characterization and physiological role of ascorbate peroxidase from halotolerant Chlamydomonas sp. W80 Strain. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 376: 82–90. , , , , , .
- 2006. Post-translational modifications, but not transcriptional regulation, of major chloroplast RNA-binding proteins are related to Arabidopsis seedling development. Proteomics 6: 2555–2563. , , , , , .
- 1998. Comparative study on recombinant chloroplastic and cytosolic ascorbate peroxidase isozymes of spinach. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 353: 55–63. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of spinach ascorbate peroxidase isoenzymes in response to oxidative stresses. Plant Physiology 123: 223–233. , , , .