Truffle volatiles inhibit growth and induce an oxidative burst in Arabidopsis thaliana
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2007
Volume 175, Issue 3, pages 417–424, August 2007
How to Cite
Splivallo, R., Novero, M., Bertea, C. M., Bossi, S. and Bonfante, P. (2007), Truffle volatiles inhibit growth and induce an oxidative burst in Arabidopsis thaliana. New Phytologist, 175: 417–424. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.02141.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2007
- Received: 24 April 2007 Accepted: 03 May 2007
- 2006. Integration of plant responses to environmentally activated phytohormonal signals. Science 311: 91–94. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Reactive electrophile species activate defense gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 34: 202–216. , , , , , .
- 2006. Volatile signaling in plant–plant interactions: ‘Talking trees’ in the genomics era. Science 311: 812–815. , , , , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantification of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry 72: 248–254. .
- 2005. Production of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) by yeasts isolated from the ascocarps of black (Tuber melanosporum Vitt.) and white (Tuber magnatum Pico) truffles. Archives of Microbiology 184: 187–193. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. The role of GIGANTEA gene in mediating the oxidative stress response and in Arabidopsis. Plant Growth Regulation 48: 261–270. , , .
- 2005. Mushrooms odors, chemistry and role in the biotic interactions – a review. Cryptogamie. Mycologie 26: 299–364 (in French). , .
- 2000. Dual action of the active oxygen species during plant stress responses. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 57: 779–795. , , , , , .
- 2001. Caterpillar- induced nocturnal plant volatiles repel conspecific females. Nature 410: 577–580. , , .
- 2006. Hierarchical action and inhibition of plant Dicer-like proteins in antiviral defense. Science 313: 68–71. , , , , , .
- 2003. Plants talk, but are they deaf? Trends in Plant Science 8: 403–405. , , .
- 2006. Reactive species and antioxidants. Redox biology is a fundamental theme of aerobic life. Plant Physiology 141: 312–322. .
- 2005. Genetic engineering of terpenoid metabolism attracts bodyguards to Arabidopsis. Science 309: 2070–2072. , , , , , .
- 2006. Effects of feeding Spodoptera littoralis on lima bean leaves. III. Membrane depolarization and involvement of hydrogen peroxide. Plant Physiology 140: 1022–1035. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2004. Determination of volatile organic compounds from truffles via SPME-GC-MS. Journal of Chromatographic Science 42: 299–305. , , , , .
- 2006. Truffles: much more than a prized and local fungal delicacy. FEMS Microbiological Letters 260: 1–8. , , .
- 2004. Headspace solid-phase microextraction with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry in the investigation of volatile organic compounds in an ectomycorrhizae synthesis system. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 18: 206–210. , , , , , .
- 2004. Reactive oxygen gene network of plants. Trends in Plant Science 9: 490–498. , , , .
- 1976. Mycology. An outline for science and medical students (translated by Kendrick B, Bärlocher F). Stuttgart, Germany: Georg Thieme Publishers p15. , .
- 2004. Polymorphism at the ribosomal DNA ITS and its relation to postglacial re-colonization routes of the Perigord truffle Tuber melanosporum. New Phytology 164: 401–411. , , , , , , , .
- 1991. Effects of Tuber metabolites on the rhizospheric environment. Mycological Research 95: 1355–1358. .
- 2005. Recruitment of entomopathogenic nematodes by insect-damaged maize roots. Nature 434: 732–737. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Bacterial volatiles promote growth in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 4927–4932. , , , , , , .
- 2006. The products of a single maize sesquiterpene synthase form a volatile defense signal that attracts natural enemies of maize herbivores. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 1129–1134. , , , , , .
- 2007. Discrimination of truffle fruiting body versus mycelial aromas by stir bar sorptive extraction. Phytochemistry. doi: 10.1016/j.phytochem.2007.03.030 , , , .