Optimizing the statistical estimation of the parameters of the Farquhar–von Caemmerer–Berry model of photosynthesis
Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2007
No claim to original US government works. Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2007)
Volume 176, Issue 2, pages 402–414, October 2007
How to Cite
Dubois, J.-J. B., Fiscus, E. L., Booker, F. L., Flowers, M. D. and Reid, C. D. (2007), Optimizing the statistical estimation of the parameters of the Farquhar–von Caemmerer–Berry model of photosynthesis. New Phytologist, 176: 402–414. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.02182.x
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2007
- Received: 11 April 2007 Accepted: 6 June 2007
- 2004. Combined effects of elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide and ozone on soybean whole-plant water use. Environmental Management 33: S355–S362. , , .
- 2000. Biochemical models of leaf photosynthesis. Collingwood, Australia: CSIRO Publications. .
- 1981. Some relationships between the biochemistry of photosynthesis and the gas exchange of leaves. Planta 153: 376–387. , .
- 2002. Effects of soil temperature on parameters of a coupled photosynthesis–stomatal conductance model. Tree Physiology 22: 819–827. , .
- 2001. Temperature response of leaf photosynthetic capacity in seedlings from seven temperate tree species. Tree Physiology 21: 223–232. , , , , .
- 2004. On the need to incorporate sensitivity to CO2 transfer conductance into the Farquhar–von Caemmerer–Berry leaf photosynthesis model. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 137–153. , .
- 1980. A biochemical model of photosynthetic CO2 carbon dioxide assimilation in leaves of C3 carbon pathway species. Planta 149: 78–90. , , .
- 2007. Analysis of leakage in IRGA's leaf chambers of open gas exchange systems: quantification and its effects in photosynthesis parameterization. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 1533–1543. , , , , , , , .
- The effects of ozone on the photosynthesis and yield of snap bean (Phaesolus vulgaris L.). Environmental and Experimental Botany. , , , , . (in press).
- 2004. Kurtosis and curvature measures for nonlinear regression models. Statistica Sinica 14: 547–570. , , .
- 1991. Modeling the photosynthetic response of C3 leaves to environmental factors. In: BooteKJ, LoomisRS, eds. Modeling crop photosynthesis – from biochemistry to canopy: Proceedings of a Symposium Sponsored by Division C-2 of the Crop Science Society of America and Division a-3 of the American Society of Agronomy in Anaheim, California, 29 November 1988. Madison, WI, USA: Crop Science Society of America: American Society of Agronomy, 17–39. , .
- 1997. Scaling to a common temperature improves the correlation between the photosynthesis parameters Jmax and Vc max. Journal of Experimental Botany 48: 345–347. .
- 2003. Gas exchange measurements, what can they tell us about the underlying limitations to photosynthesis? Procedures and sources of error. Journal of Experimental Botany 54: 2393–2401. , .
- 2004. A/Ci curve analysis across a range of woody plant species: influence of regression analysis parameters and mesophyll conductance. Journal of Experimental Botany 55: 2581–2588. , .
- 2002. Temperature response of parameters of a biochemically based model of photosynthesis. II. A review of experimental data. Plant, Cell & Environment 25: 1167–1179. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Leaf internal diffusion conductance limits photosynthesis more strongly in older leaves of Mediterranean evergreen broad-leaved species. Plant, Cell & Environment 28: 1552–1566. , , , .
- 2006. Complex adjustments of photosynthetic potentials and internal diffusion conductance to current and previous light availabilities and leaf age in Mediterranean evergreen species Quercus ilex. Plant, Cell & Environment 29: 1159–1178. , , , .
- 2007. Photosynthetic traits in C3 and C4 grassland species in mesocosm and field environments. Environmental and Experimental Botany 60: 412–420. , , .
- 2005. The balance between RuBP carboxylation and RuBP regeneration: a mechanism underlying the interspecific variation in acclimation of photosynthesis to seasonal change in temperature. Functional Plant Biology 32: 903–910. , , .
- 1990. Handbook of nonlinear regression models. New York, NY, USA: M. Dekker. .
- 1998. Applied regression analysis. A research tool. New York, NY, USA: Springer. , , .
- 1998. Combined effects of chronic ozone and elevated CO2 on Rubisco activity and leaf components in soybean (Glycine max). Journal of Experimental Botany 49: 199–2011. , , .
- SAS Institute Inc. 2005. SAS 9 1 3. Help and documentation. Cary, NC, USA: SAS Institute Inc.
- 1999. Statistical tests for hormesis and effective dosages in herbicide dose–response. Agronomy Journal 91: 713–721. , , , .
- 2003. Extension of a Farquhar model for limitations of leaf photosynthesis induced by light environment, phenology and leaf age in grapevines (Vitis vinifera L. cvv. White Riesling and Zinfandel). Functional Plant Biology 30: 673–687. .
- 1989. Nonlinear regression. New York, NY, USA: Wiley. , .
- 2006. Estimating the internal conductance to CO2 movement. Functional Plant Biology 33: 431–442. .
- 2006. Temperature response of photosynthesis and internal conductance to CO2: results from two independent approaches. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 3057–3067. , .
- 1999. The use of the ratio between the photosynthesis parameters Pml and Vc max for scaling up photosynthesis of C3 plants from leaves to canopies: a critical examination of different modelling approaches. Journal of Theoretical Biology 200: 163–181. , , .
- 1993. Biochemical limitations to carbon assimilation in C3 plants – A retrospective analysis of the A/Ci curves from 109 species. Journal of Experimental Botany 44: 907–920. .