Plant disease and global change – the importance of long-term data sets
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2007
© The Authors (2007).
Volume 177, Issue 1, pages 8–11, January 2008
How to Cite
Jeger, M. J. and Pautasso, M. (2008), Plant disease and global change – the importance of long-term data sets. New Phytologist, 177: 8–11. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2007.02312.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2007
- 2005. Wheat archive links long-term fungal pathogen population dynamics to air pollution. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 5438–5442 , , , .
- 2005. The Colosseum floras as bio-indicators of the climatic changes in Rome. Climatic Change 70: 431–443. , , ,
- 2007. Time-dependent spectral analysis of epidemiological time-series with wavelets. Journal of the Royal Society Interface 4: 625–636. , , , ,
- 2007. Sea-level rise and drought interactions accelerate forest decline on the Gulf Coast of Florida, USA. Global Change Biology 13: 1–12. , , , .
- 2007a. The fungal dimension of biological invasions. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 22: 472–480. , , , , , , , .
- 2007b. Simulating the effects of a climate-change scenario on the geographical range and activity of forest-pathogenic fungi. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology 29: 101–120. , , , , , , ,
- Range and severity of a plant disease increased by global warming. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. doi:10.1098/rsif.2007.1136 , , , (in press).
- 2006. Climate change effects on plant disease: genomes to ecosystems. Annual Review of Phytopathology 44: 489–509. , , , , .
- 2006. Climate change and human health: impacts, vulnerability and public health. Public Health 120: 585–596. , , ,
- 2004. Tree diseases and landscape processes: the challenge of landscape pathology. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 19: 446–452. , , ,
- 2007. Impact of climate change on health: what is required of climate modellers? Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 101: 97–103. , , , , .
- 1999. Biodiversity, plant pathogens and conservation. Plant Pathology 48: 433–442. .
- 2007. Lichen colonization in the city of Turin (N Italy) based on current and historical data. Environmental Pollution 145: 258–265. , , , ,
- 2007. Modelling disease spread and control in networks: implications for plant sciences. New Phytologist 174: 279–297. , , , .
- 2007. Introductions of non-native plant pathogens into Great Britain, 1970–2004. Plant Pathology 56: 891–910. , .
- 2006. Effects of elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration on the infection of rice blast and sheath blight. Phytopathology 96: 425–431. , , , , ,
- 2006. Plant CO2 responses: an issue of definition, time and resource supply. New Phytologist 172: 393–411.
- 1996. Effects of climate change on fungal diseases of trees. In: FranklandJE, MaganN, GaddGM, eds. Fungi and environmental change. British Mycological Society, Symp vol. XX. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 1–19. , .
- 2005. Acclimation to ozone affects host/pathogen interaction and competitiveness for nitrogen on juvenile Fagus sylvatica and Picea abies trees infected with Phytophthora citricola. Plant Biology 7: 640–649. , , , .
- 2007. Barley yellow dwarf viruses (BYDVs) preserved in herbarium specimens illuminate historical disease ecology of invasive and native grasses. Journal of Ecology 95: 1153–1166. , , , , .
- 2007. Are the living collections of the world's botanical gardens following species-richness patterns observed in natural ecosystems? Botanica Helvetica 117: 15–28. ,
- 2005. Climate change and the recent emergence of bluetongue in Europe. Nature Reviews Microbiology 3: 171–181. , , , , ,
- 2006. Climate change and vector-borne diseases. Advances in Parasitology 62: 345–381. , .
- 2004. Response of plant pathogens and herbivores to a warming experiment. Ecology 85: 2570–2581. , ,
- 2006. Downy mildew (Plasmopara viticola) epidemics on grapevine under climate change. Global Change Biology 12: 1299–1307. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. The disease triangle: pathogens, the environment and society. Nature Reviews Microbiology 5: 152–156. .
- 2007. Long-term relationships between environment and abundance in wheat of Phaeosphaeria nodorum and Mycosphaerella graminicola. New Phytologist 177: 229–238. , , , .
- 2007. Endophytic fungi in forest trees: are they mutualists? Fungal Biology Reviews 21: 75–89. .
- 2006. Experimental scale and precipitation modify effects of nitrogen addition on a plant pathogen. Journal of Ecology 94: 227–233. , ,
- 2001. Slow recovery of boreal forest ecosystem following decreased nitrogen input. Ecology 15: 451–457. , , ,
- 2006. Global migration patterns in the fungal wheat pathogen Phaeosphaeria nodorum. Molecular Ecology 15: 2895–2904. , , .
- 2005. Changes in species assemblages within the Adelaide Metropolitan Area, Australia, 1836–2002. Ecological Applications 15: 346–359. , , .
- 2007. Assessments of tree crown condition of two Masson pine forests in the acid rain region in south China. Forest Ecology and Management 242: 530–540. , , , , , .
- 2007. Global change shifts vegetation and plant-parasite interactions in a boreal mire. Ecology 88: 454–464. , , , ,
- 2007. Plant research in space and time. New Phytologist 176: 1–3. .
- 2007. Zoning of forest health conditions based on a set of soil, topographic and vegetation parameters. Forest Ecology and Management 248: 43–55. , ,