Predicting evolutionary consequences of pollinator declines: the long and short of floral evolution
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2008
© The Authors (2008).
Volume 177, Issue 3, pages 576–579, February 2008
How to Cite
Mitchell, R. J. and Ashman, T.-L. (2008), Predicting evolutionary consequences of pollinator declines: the long and short of floral evolution. New Phytologist, 177: 576–579. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02354.x
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2008
Vol. 178, Issue 3, 689, Version of Record online: 17 APR 2008
- 2007. Expanding the limits of the pollen-limitation concept: effects of pollen quantity and quality. Ecology 88: 271–281. , .
- 1998. The potential consequences of pollinator declines on the conservation of biodiversity and stability of food crop yields. Conservation Biology 12: 8–17. , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Pollen limitation of plant reproduction: ecological and evolutionary causes and consequences. Ecology 85: 2408–2421. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2004. Explaining phenotypic selection on plant attractive characters: male function, gender balance or ecological context? Proceedings: Biological Sciences 271: 553–559. , .
- 2006. Parallel declines in pollinators and insect-pollinated plants in Britain and the Netherlands. Science 313: 351–354. , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2007. Pollen limitation and natural selection on floral characters in the yellow monkeyflower, Mimulus guttatus. New Phytologist 177: 802–810. , .
- 2004. Opposing natural selection from herbivores and pathogens may maintain floral-color variation in Claytonia virginica (Portulacaceae). Evolution 58: 2426–2437. .
- 1999. Why do flowers vary? Bioscience 49: 631–648.
- 1995. Microclimate and individual variation in pollinators: flowering plants are more than their flowers. Ecology 76: 1516–1524. .
- 2004. Context-dependent autonomous self-fertilization yields reproductive assurance and mixed mating. Nature 430: 884–887. , , .
- 2007. Importance of pollinators in changing landscapes for world crops. Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 274: 303–313. , , , , , ,
- 2005. Pollen limitation of plant reproduction: pattern and process. Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution, and Systematics 36: 467–497. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Pollinator community structure and sources of spatial variation in plant–pollinator interactions in Clarkia xantiana ssp. xantiana. Oecologia 142: 28–37. .
- National Research Council Committee on the Status of Pollinators in North America. 2007. Status of Pollinators in North America. Washington DC, USA: National Academies Press.
- 2007. Collapse of a pollination web in small conservation areas. Ecology 88: 1759–1769.
- 1993. Partial self-fertilization and inbreeding depression in two populations of Mimulus guttatus. Heredity 71: 145–154. .