Constraints on the evolution and geographical range of Pinus
Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2008
© The Authors (2008).
Volume 178, Issue 1, pages 1–3, April 2008
How to Cite
Lusk, C. (2008), Constraints on the evolution and geographical range of Pinus. New Phytologist, 178: 1–3. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02371.x
- Issue online: 3 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 MAR 2008
- 1989. The tortoise and hare: ecology of angiosperm dominance and gymnosperm persistence. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 36: 227–249. .
- 2000. Stem hydraulic supply is linked to leaf photosynthetic capacity: evidence from New Caledonian and Tasmanian rainforests. Plant, Cell & Environment 23: 1381–1388. , .
- 2008. Evolutionary significance of a flat-leaved Pinus in Vietnamese rainforest. New Phytologist 178: 201–209. ,
- 2007. Leaf maximum photosynthetic rate and venation are linked by hydraulics. Plant Physiology 144: 1890–1898. , ,
- 1859. The origin of species by means of natural selection. London, UK: John Murray.
- 1986. Evolutionary biology, 2nd edn. Sunderland, MA, USA: Sinauer Associates. .
- 1991. The comparative method in evolutionary biology. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press. , .
- 2000. Quantitative analyses of shade-shoot architecture of conifers native to New Zealand. Trees: Structure and Function 15: 42–49. , , .
- 1995. Seed size and phylogeny in six temperate floras: constraints, niche conservatism, and adaptation. American Naturalist 146: 349–364. , ,
- 2007. Predicting leaf functional traits from easily measured plant and climate attributes: a global GLOPNET analysis Ecological Applications 17: 1982–1988. , , .
- 1996. The tropical rain forest, 2nd edn. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press .
- 1998. Ecology and biogeography of Pinus. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. .
- 2006. Leaf structural diversity is related to hydraulic capacity in tropical rainforest trees. Ecology 87: 483–491. ,
- 2000. The ecology of adaptive radiation. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- 2007. Spatial patterns of ectomycorrhizal fungal inoculum in arbuscular mycorrhizal barrens communities: implications for controlling invasion by Pinus virginiana. Mycorrhiza 17: 507–517. , .
- 2007. Fossil calibration of molecular divergence infers a moderate mutation rate and recent radiations for Pinus. Molecular Biology and Evolution 24: 90–101. , , , ,