These authors contributed equally to this work
Cultivating plant synthetic biology from systems biology
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 3, pages 583–587, August 2008
How to Cite
Bowen, T. A., Zdunek, J. K. and Medford, J. I. (2008), Cultivating plant synthetic biology from systems biology. New Phytologist, 179: 583–587. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02433.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2008
- 2006. Synthetic biology: new engineering rules for an emerging discipline. Molecular Systems Biology 2, doi: 10.1038/msb4100073. , , , .
- 2004. Computational design of receptors for an organophosphate surrogate of the nerve agent soman. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 7907–7912. , , , .
- 2006. A synthetic de-greening gene circuit provides a reporting system that is remotely detectable and has a re-set capacity. Plant Biotechnology Journal 4: 605–622. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. A synthetic multicellular system for programmed pattern formation. Nature 434: 1130–1134. , , , ,
- 2007. Biodiesel from microalgae. Biotechnology Advances 25: 294–306.
- 2007. Designing biological systems. Genes & Development 21: 242–254. .
- 2003. Computational design of a Zn2+ receptor that controls bacterial gene expression. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 100: 11255–11260. , , .
- 2000. A synthetic oscillatory network of transcriptional regulators. Nature 403: 335–338. ,
- 2005. Foundations for engineering biology. Nature 438: 449–453.
- 2005. Cytokinin signaling. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 8: 518–525. , .
- 2000. Construction of a genetic toggle switch in Escherichia coli. Nature 403: 339–342. , , .
- 2007. Biomass recalcitrance: engineering plants and enzymes for biofuels production. Science 315: 804–807. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Chlorophyll degradation during senescence. Annual Review of Plant Biology 57: 675–709.
- 2007. Models for synthetic biology. BMC Systems Biology 1: 47. .
- 2005. Synthetic biology: engineering Escherichia coli to see light. Nature 438: 441–442. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2007. Stochastic synchronization of genetic oscillator networks. BMC Systems Biology 1: 6. , ,
- 2003. Computational design of receptor and sensor proteins with novel functions. Nature 423: 185–190. , , , .
- 2005. The light reactions: a guide to recent acquisitions for the picture gallery. Plant Cell 17: 648–663. , .
- 2006. Directed evolution of plant basic helix−loop−helix transcription factors for the improvement of transactivational properties. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1759: 308–318. , , , ,
- 2007. Early detection of chem−bio attacks using biosensors and hyperspectral image processing. Proceedings of SPIE 6554: 6554–6557. , , , ,
- 2004. Toward a systems approach to understanding plant cell walls. Science 306: 2206–2211. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2002. Directed evolution of a genetic circuit. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 99: 16587–16591. , , .
- 2006. Identification of a glyphosate-resistant mutant of rice 5-enolpyruvylshikimate 3-phosphate synthase using a directed evolution strategy. Plant Physiology 140: 184–195. , , , , , , ,