Whither plant evo-devo?
Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 178, Issue 3, pages 468–472, May 2008
How to Cite
Friedman, W. E., Barrett, S. C. H., Diggle, P. K., Irish, V. F. and Hufford, L. (2008), Whither plant evo-devo?. New Phytologist, 178: 468–472. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02456.x
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2008
- 2004. Floral integration, modularity and accuracy: distinguishing complex adaptations from genetic constraints. In: PigliucciM, PrestonK, eds. Phenotypic integration: studying the ecology and evolution of complex phenotypes. New York, NY, USA: Oxford University Press, 23–79. , , , .
- 2008. Major evolutionary transitions in flowering plant reproduction: an overview. International Journal of Plant Sciences 169: 1–5. .
- 2007. Green genes – comparative genomics of the green branch of life. Cell 129: 229–234. , ,
- 2002. A developmental morphologist's perspective on plasticity. Evolutionary Ecology 16: 267–283. .
- 2007. The genetic architecture of shoot branching in Arabidopsis thaliana: a comparative assessment of candidate gene associations vs quantitative trait locus mapping. Genetics 176: 1223–1236. , , .
- 2006. Angiosperm floral evolution: morphological developmental framework. Advances in Botanical Research 44: 1–61. .
- 2004. The evolution of plant development. American Journal of Botany 91: 1726–1741. , , .
- 2006. Cretaceous angiosperm flowers: innovation and evolution in plant reproduction. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 232: 251–293. , , .
- 2004. Beyond Arabidopsis. Translational biology meets evolutionary developmental biology. Plant Physiology 135: 611–614. , .
- 2005. Flower development and evolution: gene duplication, diversification and redeployment. Current Opinion in Genetics and Development 15: 454–460. ,
- 2007. The role of developmental genetics in understanding homology and morphological evolution in plants. International Journal of Plant Sciences 168: 61–72. ,
- 2006. Linking floral symmetry genes to breeding system evolution. Trends in Plant Science 11: 568–573. , , .
- 2006. Genetic mechanisms and evolutionary significance of natural variation in Arabidopsis. Nature 441: 947–952. ,