These authors contributed equally to this work.
SPOROCYTELESS modulates YUCCA expression to regulate the development of lateral organs in Arabidopsis
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 3, pages 751–764, August 2008
How to Cite
Li, L.-C., Qin, G.-J., Tsuge, T., Hou, X.-H., Ding, M.-Y., Aoyama, T., Oka, A., Chen, Z., Gu, H., Zhao, Y. and Qu, L.-J. (2008), SPOROCYTELESS modulates YUCCA expression to regulate the development of lateral organs in Arabidopsis. New Phytologist, 179: 751–764. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02514.x
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received: 15 March 2008Accepted: 18 April 2008
- 2000. NOZZLE regulates proximal-distal pattern formation, cell proliferation and early sporogenesis during ovule development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development 127: 4227–4238. ,
- 2002. NOZZLE links proximal-distal and adaxial-abaxial pattern formation during ovule development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development 129: 4291–4300. ,
- 2000. The SUR2 gene of Arabidopsis thaliana encodes the cytochrome P450 CYP83B1, a modulator of auxin homeostasis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 14819–14824. , , , , , , ,
- 2006. Auxin biosynthesis by the YUCCA flavin monooxygenases controls the formation of floral organs and vascular tissues in Arabidopsis. Genes and Development 20: 1790–1799. , ,
- 2007. Auxin synthesized by the YUCCA flavin monooxygenases is essential for embryogenesis and leaf formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 19: 2430–2439. , ,
- 2006. The TORNADO1 and TORNADO2 genes function in several patterning processes during early leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell 18: 852–866. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2006. Increased expression of MAP KINASE KINASE7 causes deficiency in polar auxin transport and leads to plant architectural abnormality in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 18: 308–320. , , , , , , ,
- 1998. sur2 mutations of Arabidopsis thaliana define a new locus involved in the control of auxin homeostasis. Plant Journal 14: 603–611. , , , ,
- 2005. The F-box protein TIR1 is an auxin receptor. Nature 435: 441–445. , ,
- 2003. MADS-box protein complexes control carpel and ovule development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 15: 2603–2611. , , , , , , , ,
- 2002. Lateral root formation is blocked by a gain-of-function mutation in the SOLITARY-ROOT/IAA14 gene of Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 29: 153–168. , , ,
- 2004. Signals that control plant vascular cell differentiation. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 5: 379–391.
- 1997. A Polycomb-group gene regulates homeotic gene expression in Arabidopsis. Nature 386: 44–51. , , , , ,
- 2003. Arabidopsis SGT1b is required for SCF (TIR1)-mediated auxin response. Plant Cell 15: 1310–1319. , , , .
- 1998. High temperature promotes auxin-mediated hypocotyl elongation in Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 7197–7202. , , , ,
- 2002. The Arabidopsis BODENLOS gene encodes an auxin response protein inhibiting MONOPTEROS-mediated embryo patterning. Genes and Development 16: 1610–1615. , , , ,
- 2000. The NPH4 locus encodes the auxin response factor ARF7, a conditional regulator of differential growth in aerial Arabidopsis tissue. Plant Cell 12: 757–770. , , , , , , ,
- 2003. The Arabidopsis auxin-inducible gene ARGOS controls lateral organ size. Plant Cell 15: 1951–1961. , , .
- 2004. The homeotic protein AGAMOUS controls microsporogenesis by regulation of SPOROCYTELESS. Nature 430: 356–360. , , , , , , , .
- 2004. FIE and CURLY LEAF polycomb proteins interact in the regulation of homeobox gene expression during sporophyte development. Plant Journal 37: 707–719. , , , ,
- 2005. The Arabidopsis F-box protein TIR1 is an auxin receptor. Nature 435: 446–451. ,
- 1995. A mutation altering auxin homeostasis and plant morphology in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 7: 2023–2037. , , , .
- 2005. VAN3 ARF-GAP-mediated vesicle transport is involved in leaf vascular network formation. Development 132: 1699–1711. , , , , , , ,
- 1996. Mutations in the AXR3 gene of Arabidopsis result in altered auxin response including ectopic expression from the SAUR-AC1 promoter. Plant Journal 10: 403–413. , , ,
- 2002. Molecular genetics of auxin signaling. Annual Review of Plant Biology 53: 377–398.
- 2007. Hormonal regulation of leaf morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Journal of Integrative Plant Biology 49: 75–80. , , ,
- 2005. At5PTase13 modulates cotyledon vein development through regulating auxin homeostasis. Plant Physiology 139: 1677–1691. , , , , , .
- 1990. Growth and development of the axr1 mutants of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell 2: 1071–1080. , ,
- 2005. Automated genome annotation and pathway identification using the KEGG Orthology (KO) as a controlled vocabulary. Bioinformatics 21: 3787–3793. , , ,
- 2003. Auxin signaling in Arabidopsis leaf vascular development. Plant Physiology 131: 1327–1339. , ,
- 1992. Ectopic expression of the floral homeotic gene AGAMOUS in transgenic Arabidopsis plants alters floral organ identity. Cell 71: 119–131. ,
- 1997. Determination of Arabidopsis floral meristem identity by AGAMOUS. Plant Cell 9: 393–408. ,
- 1962. A revised medium for rapid growth and bio-assays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiologia Plantarum 15: 473–497. ,
- 2003. Genetic control of surface curvature. Science 299: 1404–1407. , , ,
- 2006. PIN proteins perform a rate-limiting function in cellular auxin efflux. Science 312: 914–918. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2005. An indole-3-acetic acid carboxyl methyltransferase regulates Arabidopsis leaf development. Plant Cell 17: 2693–2704. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2003. Obtaining and analysis of flanking sequences from T-DNA transformants in Arabidopsis. Plant Science 165: 941–949. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2003. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of a novel type of Bowman-Birk inhibitor gene family in rice. Plant Physiology 133: 560–570. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 1998. Inhibition of auxin movement from the shoot into the root inhibits lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 118: 1369–1378. , , .
- 2001. A gain-of-function mutation in IAA28 suppresses lateral root development. Plant Cell 13: 465–480. , ,
- 2006. Control of leaf vascular patterning by polar auxin transport. Genes and Development 20: 1015–1027. , , ,
- 1999. Molecular analysis of NOZZLE, a gene involved in pattern formation and early sporogenesis during sex organ development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 96: 11664–11669. , , , , ,
- 2007. Mechanism of auxin perception by the TIR1 ubiquitin ligase. Nature 446: 640–645. , , , , , , .
- 1999. Control of auxin-regulated root development by the Arabidopsis thaliana SHY2/IAA3 gene. Development 126: 711–721. , .
- 1997. Aux/IAA proteins repress expression of reporter genes containing natural and highly active synthetic auxin response elements. Plant Cell 9: 1963–1971. , , , .
- 2000. Activation tagging in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 122: 1003–1013. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2006. Polar PIN localization directs auxin flow in plants. Science 312: 883. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Auxin: regulation, action, and interaction. Annals of Botany 95: 707–735. ,
- 2000. Arabidopsis NAC1 transduces auxin signal downstream of TIR1 to promote lateral root development. Genes and Development 14: 3024–3036. , , , .
- 1999. The SPOROCYTELESS gene of Arabidopsis is required for initiation of sporogenesis and encodes a novel nuclear protein. Genes and Development 13: 2108–2117. , , ,
- 2001. A role for flavin monooxygenase-like enzymes in auxin biosynthesis. Science 291: 306–309. , , , , , ,
- 2003. Structural basis for substrate recognition in the salicylic acid carboxyl methyltransferase family. Plant Cell 15: 1704–1716. , , , , , .