Phenotypic and genetic analysis of the Triticum monococcum–Mycosphaerella graminicola interaction
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 4, pages 1121–1132, September 2008
How to Cite
Jing, H.-C., Lovell, D., Gutteridge, R., Jenk, D., Kornyukhin, D., Mitrofanova, O. P., Kema, G. H. J. and Hammond-Kosack, K. E. (2008), Phenotypic and genetic analysis of the Triticum monococcum–Mycosphaerella graminicola interaction. New Phytologist, 179: 1121–1132. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02526.x
- Issue online: 6 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- Received: 7 February 2008Accepted: 24 April 2008
- 2003. Identification and molecular mapping of a gene in wheat conferring resistance to Mycosphaerella graminicola. Phytopathology 93: 1158–1164. , , .
- 2004a. Molecular mapping of the Stb4 gene for resistance to septoria tritici blotch in wheat. Phytopathology 94: 1198–1206. , , , , , .
- 2004b. Microsatellite markers linked to the Stb2 and Stb3 genes for resistance to septoria tritici blotch in wheat. Crop Science 44: 1403–1411. , , .
- 2004c. Molecular mapping of Stb1, a potentially durable gene for resistance to septoria tritici blotch in wheat. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 109: 944–953. , , , , , , , .
- 2001a. A detached seedling leaf technique to study resistance to Mycosphaerella graminicola (anamorph Septoria tritici) in wheat. Plant Pathology 50: 339–346. , , .
- 2007. A gene in European wheat cultivars for resistance to an African isolate of Mycosphaerella graminicola. Plant Pathology 56: 73–78. , , , , , .
- 2001b. Chromosomal location of a gene for resistance to septoria tritici blotch (Mycosphaerella graminicola) in the hexaploid wheat ‘Synthetic 6x’. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 103: 758–764. , , , .
- 2004. The origin of the A genome donor of wheats (Triticum: Poaceae) – a perspective based on the sequence variation of the 5S DNA gene units. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 51: 183–196. , .
- 2002. A gene-for-gene relationship between wheat and Mycosphaerella graminicola, the septoria tritici blotch pathogen. Phytopathology 92: 439–445. , , , .
- 2005a. Resistance of wheat line Kavkaz-K4500 L.6.A.4 to septoria tritici blotch controlled by isolate-specific resistance genes. Phytopathology 95: 664–671. , , .
- 2005b. Presence of the Stb6 gene for resistance to septoria tritici blotch (Mycosphaerella graminicola) in cultivars used in wheat-breeding programmes worldwide. Plant Pathology 54: 134–143. , , .
- 2004a. Sources of resistance to septoria tritici blotch and implications for wheat breeding. Plant Pathology 53: 454–460. , , , .
- 2004b. Partial resistance to septoria tritici blotch (Mycosphaerella graminicola) in wheat cultivars Arina and Riband. Phytopathology 94: 497–504. , , , .
- 2005c. Genetics of resistance to septoria tritici blotch in the Portuguese wheat breeding line TE 9111. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 110: 1138–1144. , , , , , .
- 2001. Septoria tritici blotch development as affected by temperature, duration of leaf wetness, inoculum concentration, and host. Plant Disease 85: 430–435. , ,
- 2000. Specific adaptation by Mycosphaerella graminicola to a resistant wheat cultivar. Plant Pathology 49: 445–451. , , .
- 1995. Differentiation between homoeologous chromosomes 1A of wheat and 1Am of Triticum monococcum and its recognition by the wheat Ph1 locus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 92: 6645–6649. , ,
- 2000. Cytological analysis of wheat infection by the leaf blotch pathogen Mycosphaerella graminicola. Mycological Research 104: 1074–1082. , .
- 2003. Inheritance and localisation of resistance to Mycosphaerella graminicola causing septoria tritici blotch and plant height in the wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) genome with DNA markers. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 107: 515–527. , ,
- 1987. Variations in pathogenicity patterns of Mycosphaerella graminicola within Triticum spp. in Israel. Euphytica 36: 237–250. ,
- 2005. Role of ascospores in further spread of QoI-resistant cytochrome b alleles (G143A) in field populations of Mycosphaerella graminicola. Phytopathology 95: 933–941. , , , , , , .
- 2007. A novel substitution I138V in the sterol 14α-demethylase (CPY51) of Mycosphaerella graminicola is differentially selected by azole fungicides. Molecular Plant Pathology 8: 245–254. , , , , , .
- 2001. Factors affecting diseases of winter wheat in England and Wales, 1989–1998. Plant Pathology 50: 453–462. , , .
- 1997. Site of einkorn wheat domestication identified by DNA fingerprinting. Science 278: 1312–1314. , , , , , ,
- 2004. Matrix, reinvention in plants: how genetics is unveiling secrets of nonhost disease resistance. Trends in Plant Science 9: 211–214. ,
- 2007. Identification of variation in adaptively important traits and genome wide analysis of trait-marker associations in Triticum monococcum. Journal of Experimental Botany 58: 3749–64. , , , , , , ,
- 2004. Plant innate immunity – direct and indirect recognition of general and specific pathogen-associated molecules. Current Opinion in Immunology 16: 48–62. ,
- 1996. Monitoring diseases of winter wheat on both a field and a national level in Denmark. Crop Protection 15: 383–390. , , .
- 1996. Histology of the pathogenesis of Mycosphaerella graminicola in wheat. Phytopathology 86, 777–786. , , , , .
- 2007. Transcriptional adaptation of Mycosphaerella graminicola to Programmed Cell Death (PCD) of its susceptible wheat host. Molecular Plant Microbe Interactions 20: 178–193. , , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Analysis of expressed sequence tags from the wheat leaf blotch pathogen Mycosphaerella graminicola (anamorph Septoria tritici). Fungal Genetics and Biology 42: 376–389. , , , , ,
- 2001. Pathogen fitness penalty as a predictor of durability of disease resistance genes. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol. 39: 187–224. , , ,
- 1992. Fungicide and cultivar control of Septoria diseases of wheat. Crop Prot. 11: 349–354. , .
- 2002. Inheritance of race-specific resistance to Mycosphaerella graminicola in wheat. Phytopathology 92: 138–144. , ,
- 1994. Evaluation of wheat wild relatives for resistance to septoria tritici blotch. Crop Science 34: 1080–1084. , .
- 2004. MapQTL 5, Software for the mapping of quantitative trait loci in experimental populations. Wageningen, the Netherlands: Kyazma BV. .
- 2006. JoinMap 4, Software for the calculation of genetic linkage maps in experimental populations. Wageningen, the Netherlands: Kyazma B.V. .
- 2002. Genetics and geography of wild cereal domestication in the near east. Nature Reviews. Genetics 3: 429–441. , , , ,
- 2004. Molecular mapping of quantitative trait loci determining resistance to septoria tritici blotch caused by Mycosphaerella graminicola in wheat. Euphytica 138: 41–48. , , , ,
- 2006. Identification of new sources of resistance to tan spot, Stagonospora nodorum blotch, and Septoria tritici blotch of wheat. Crop Science 46: 2047–2053. , , , , , .
- 1996. Single-gene resistance to septoria tritici blotch in the spring wheat cultivar ‘Tadinia’. Plant Breeding 115: 261–267. , , .
- 2004. A high-density microsatellite consensus map for bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Theoretical and Applied Genetics 109: 1105–1114. , , .
- 2003. Fresh insights into processes of nonhost resistance. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 6: 351–357.
- 1983. Assessment of interactions between cultivated and wild wheats and Septoria tritici. Phytopathology 73: 1077–1083. , ,
- 2001. Inheritance of septoria tritici blotch resistance in winter wheat. Crop Science 41: 323–326. , ,