These authors contributed equally to this work.
Long-distance transport of mRNA via parenchyma cells and phloem across the host–parasite junction in Cuscuta
Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 4, pages 1133–1141, September 2008
How to Cite
David-Schwartz, R., Runo, S., Townsley, B., Machuka, J. and Sinha, N. (2008), Long-distance transport of mRNA via parenchyma cells and phloem across the host–parasite junction in Cuscuta. New Phytologist, 179: 1133–1141. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02540.x
- Issue online: 6 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2008
- Received: 1 February 2008 Accepted: 9 May 2008
- 2005. Destination-selective long-distance movement of phloem proteins. Plant Cell 17: 1801–1814. , , , , , , , ,
- 2007. Mitochondrial DNA suggests at least 11 origins of parasitism in angiosperms and reveals genomic chimerism in parasitic plants. BMC Evolutionary Biology 7: 248. , , , , , ,
- 2003. Widespread horizontal transfer of mitochondrial genes in flowering plants. Nature 424: 197–201. , , , .
- 2002. Homologies in leaf form inferred from knoxi gene expression during development. Science 296: 1858–1860. , , , , , .
- 2006. Transfer of phloem-mobile substances from the host plants to the holoparasite Cuscuta sp. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 911–921. , , ,
- 2007. Arabidopsis thaliana is a susceptible host plant for the holoparasite Cuscuta spec. Planta 226: 1231–1241. , , ,
- 2007. Ft protein movement contributes to long-distance signaling in floral induction of Arabidopsis. Science 316: 1030–1033. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 1994. Biology and control of Cuscuta. Reviews of Weed Science 6: 265–317. , , ,
- 1996. New results on interspecific bridges between parasites and their host. In: MorenoMT, CuberoJI, BerberD, JoelD, MusselmanLJ, ParkerC, eds. Advances in parasitic plant research. Cordoba, Spain: Junta de Andalucia, 196–201. .
- 1995. Symplastic sieve element continuity between Orobanche and its host. Botanica Acta 108: 47–55. ,
- 1965. The interrelationship between the flowering of dodder and the flowering of some long and short day plants. American Journal of Botany 52: 556–562. .
- 2001. Macromolecular trafficking between Nicotiana tabacum and the holoparasite Cuscuta reflexa. Journal of Experimental Botany 52: 173–177. , , ,
- 2005. Phloem long-distance trafficking of gibberellic acid-insensitive RNA regulates leaf development. The Plant Journal 42: 49–68. , , , .
- 1998. Localization of photosynthetic metabolism in the parasitic angiosperm Cuscuta reflexa. Planta 205: 506–513. , , , , , .
- 2001. Solute flux into parasitic plants. Journal of Experimental Botany 52: 2043–2049. , .
- 1967. Transmission of plant viruses by dodder. The Botanical Review 33: 387–406. .
- 1994. Modelling the flow and partitioning of carbon and nitrogen in the holoparasite Cuscuta reflexa Roxb. and its host Lupinus albus L.: I. Methods for estimating net flows. Journal of Experimental Botany 45: 791–800. , , , ,
- 2001. Developmental changes due to long-distance movement of a homeobox fusion transcript in tomato. Science 293: 287–289. , , ,
- 1994. Symplastic sieve element continuity between Orobache and its host. Botanica Acta 108: 47–55. ,
- 1976. Ultrastructure of angiosperm haustoria – a review. Annals of Botany 40: 1121–1130. ,
- 2005. Biology and management of Cuscuta in crops. Ciencia e Investigación Agraria 32: 165–179. ,
- 1996. A member of the knotted class of homeodomain proteins encoded by the STM gene of Arabidopsis. Nature 379: 66–69. , , , .
- 1979. Physiological and biochemical aspects of parasitism in Cuscuta: a review. Annual Review of Plant Sciences 1979: 67–112. , .
- 1997. Advances in parasitic plant research. Cordoba, Spain: Junta de Andalucia. , , , , ,
- 2004. Plant genetics gene transfer from parasitic to host plants. Nature 432: 165–166. , , , .
- 1993. Parasitic weeds of the world: biology and control. Wallingford, UK: CAB International. , .
- 2005. Interaction between Orobanche crenata and its host legumes: unsuccessful haustorial penetration and necrosis of the developing parasite. Annals of Botany 95: 935–942. , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Cross-species translocation of mRNA from host plants into the parasitic plant dodder. Plant Physiology 143: 1037–1043. , , .
- 1999. Phloem long-distance transport of CmNACP mRNA: implications for supracellular regulation in plants. Development (Cambridge) 126: 4405–4419. , , .
- 1958. On the regeneration of new shoots from isolated dodder haustoria. American Journal of Botany 45: 169–177. .
- 1978. Loading of assimilates and some sugars into the translocation system of Cuscuta. Australian Journal of Plant Physiology 5: 851–857.
- 2003. Dodder hyphae invade the host: a structural and immunocytochemical characterization. Protoplasma 220: 189–200. .
- 1999. Rates of nucleotide substitution in angiosperm mitochondrial DNA sequences and dates of divergence between Brassica and other angiosperm lineages. Journal of Molecular Evolution 48: 597–604. , , ,