The flowering of systems approaches in plant and crop biology
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 3, pages 567–568, August 2008
How to Cite
Bennett, M. and Monk, N. (2008), The flowering of systems approaches in plant and crop biology. New Phytologist, 179: 567–568. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02565.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
- 2005. Systems biology: its practice and challenges. Cell 121: 511–513.
- 2007. Network inference, analysis, and modeling in systems biology. The Plant Cell 19: 3327–3338.
- 2004. Network biology: understanding the cell's functional organization. Nature Reviews Genetics 5: 101–113. , .
- 2008. Cultivating plant synthetic biology from systems biology. New Phytologist 179: 583–587. , , .
- 2004. Mathematics is biology's next microscope, only better; biology is mathematics’ next physics, only better. PLoS Biology 2: e439. .
- 2008. Nondestructive analysis of senescence in mesophyll cells by spectral resolution of protein synthesis-dependent pigment metabolism. New Phytologist 179: 663–674. , , , , , ,
- 2008. Senescence – developmental program or timetable? New Phytologist 179: 575–579. ,
- 2005. The meaning of systems biology. Cell 121: 503–504. .
- 2008. Does systems biology represent a Kuhnian paradigm shift? New Phytologist 179: 587–589.
- 2008. Comprehensive gene expression atlas for the Arabidopsis MAP kinase signalling pathways. New Phytologist 179: 643–662. , , , , , , ,
- 2003. Unravelling nature's networks. Biochemical Society Transactions 31: 1457–1461. .
- 2008. Using mathematical models to probe dynamic expression data. In: HetheringtonA, GriersonC, eds. Practical systems biology. Abingdon, UK: Taylor and Francis, 93–112. .
- 2008. Systems biology or the biology of systems: routes to reducing hunger. New Phytologist 179: 579–582. , , , , , .
- 2006. A brief history of systems biology. The Plant Cell 18: 2420–2430.
- 2007. Crop systems biology. In: SpiertzJHJ, StruikPC, Van LaarHH, eds. Scale and complexity in plant systems research: gene–plant–crop relations. Dordrecht, Germany: Springer, 63–73. , .
- 2008. Applying modelling experiences from the past to shape crop systems biology: the need to converge crop physiology and functional genomics. New Phytologist 179: 629–642. , .
- 2007. Getting connected: analysis and principles of biological networks. Genes and Development 21: 1010–1024. , ,