Plant hydraulics: new discoveries in the pipeline
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 179, Issue 3, pages 590–593, August 2008
How to Cite
Pratt, R. B., Jacobsen, A. L., North, G. B., Sack, L. and Schenk, H. J. (2008), Plant hydraulics: new discoveries in the pipeline. New Phytologist, 179: 590–593. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02566.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
- 2003. Dynamic changes in hydraulic conductivity in petioles of two savanna tree species: factors and mechanisms contributing to the refilling of embolized vessels. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 1633–1654. , , , , .
- 2004. Xylem wall collapse in water-stressed pine needles. Plant Physiology 134: 401–408. , , ,
- 2007. Vessel redundancy: modeling safety in numbers. International Association of Wood Anatomists Bulletin 28: 373–388. , , ,
- 2003. Limits to xylem refilling under negative pressure in Laurus nobilis and Acer negundo. Plant, Cell & Environment 26: 303–311. , .
- HolbrookNM, ZwienieckiMA, eds. 2005. Vascular transport in plants. San Diego, CA, USA: Academic Press.
- 2006. Refilling of embolised conduits as a consequence of ‘Münch water’ circulation. Functional Plant Biology 33: 949–959. , , ,
- 2005. Do xylem fibers affect vessel cavitation resistance? Plant Physiology 139: 546–556. , , , , .
- 2008. Leaf palmate venation and vascular redundancy confer tolerance of hydraulic disruption. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 1567–1572. , , , , .
- 2004. New evidence for a role of vessel-associated cells and phloem in the rapid xylem refilling of cavitated stems of Laurus nobilis L. Plant, Cell & Environment 27: 1065–1076. , , ,
- 1999. Clonal splitting in desert shrubs. Plant Ecology 141: 41–52. .
- 2006. Atlas of woody plant stems: evolution, structure, and environmental modifications. New York, NY, USA: Springer. , ,
- 2006. Gas diffusion through wood: implications for oxygen supply. Trees – Structure and Function 20: 34–41. ,
- 2002. Cavitation fatigue and its reversal in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.). Journal of Experimental Botany 53: 1155–1161. , .
- 2002. Xylem structure and the ascent of sap. New York, NY, USA: Springer-Verlag. , .
- 1998. Visualization of cavitated vessels in winter and refilled vessels in spring in diffuse-porous trees by cryo-scanning electron microscopy. Plant Physiology 117: 1463–1471. , , , ,