Highly efficient xylem transport of arsenite in the arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata
Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 180, Issue 2, pages 434–441, October 2008
How to Cite
Su, Y. H., McGrath, S. P., Zhu, Y. G. and Zhao, F. J. (2008), Highly efficient xylem transport of arsenite in the arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata. New Phytologist, 180: 434–441. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02584.x
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 JUL 2008
- Received: 31 March 2008Accepted: 12 June 2008
- 2002. Preserving the distribution of inorganic arsenic species in groundwater and acid mine drainage samples. Environmental Science and Technology 36: 2213–2218. , , , .
- 2005. Comparison of root absorption, translocation and tolerance of arsenic in the hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata and the nonhyperaccumulator Pteris tremula. New Phytologist 165: 755–761. , , .
- 2006. Hyperaccumulation of arsenic in the shoots of Arabidopsis silenced for arsenate reductase (ACR2). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 5413–5418. , , , .
- 2005. Characterization of arsenate reductase in the extract of roots and fronds of Chinese brake fern, an arsenic hyperaccumulator. Plant Physiology 138: 461–469. , , , ,
- 2006. A novel arsenate reductase from the arsenic hyperaccumulating fern Pteris vittata. Plant Physiology 141: 1544–1554. , , , , , .
- 2004. Phytofiltration of arsenic from drinking water using arsenic-hyperaccumulating ferns. Environmental Science and Technology 38: 3412–3417. , , , .
- 2005. Arsenic speciation and transport in Pteris vittata L. and the effects on phosphorus in the xylem sap. Environmental and Experimental Botany 54: 239–247. , , , , , ,
- 2002. Arsenic distribution and speciation in the fronds of the hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata. New Phytologist 156: 195–203. , , , , .
- 2001. A fern that hyperaccumulates arsenic. Nature 409: 579–579. , , , , , .
- 2003. Phytoextraction of metals and metalloids from contaminated soils. Current Opinion in Biotechnology 14: 277–282. , .
- 2003. Variation in arsenic accumulation – hyperaccumulation in ferns and their allies. New Phytologist 157: 25–31. .
- 2005. Arsenic speciation in xylem sap of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.). Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 383: 461–466. , , , , ,
- 2006. Localizing the biochemical transformations of arsenate in a hyperaccumulating fern. Environmental Science and Technology 40: 5010–5014. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Reduction and coordination of arsenic in Indian mustard. Plant Physiology 122: 1171–1177. , , , , , .
- 2004. Mechanisms of arsenic hyperaccumulation in Pteris species: root As influx and translocation. Planta 219: 1080–1088. , , , , .
- 2004. The nature of arsenic-phytochelatin complexes in Holcus lanatus and Pteris cretica. Plant Physiology 134: 1113–1122. , , .
- 2005. Uptake, translocation and transformation of arsenate and arsenite in sunflower (Helianthus annuus): formation of arsenic-phytochelatin complexes during exposure to high arsenic concentrations. New Phytologist 168: 551–558. , , ,
- 2000. Detoxification of arsenic by phytochelatins in plants. Plant Physiology 122: 793–801. , ,
- 1999. Toxicity of arsenate in Silene vulgaris, accumulation and degradation of arsenate-induced phytochelatins. New Phytologist 144: 223–232. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Three new arsenic hyperaccumulating ferns. Science of the Total Environment 364: 24–31. , , .
- 2002. Effects of arsenic concentrations and forms on arsenic uptake by the hyperaccumulator ladder brake. Journal of Environmental Quality 31: 641–647. , .
- 2002. The potential of Thai indigenous plant species for the phytoremediation of arsenic contaminated land. Environmental Pollution 118: 453–461. , ,
- 2007. Uptake and accumulation of arsenic by 11 Pteris taxa from southern China. Environmental Pollution 145: 225–233. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Mechanisms of arsenic hyperaccumulation in Pteris vittata. Uptake kinetics, interactions with phosphate, and arsenic speciation. Plant Physiology 130: 1552–1561. , , , , , .
- 2003. XAS speciation of arsenic in a hyper-accumulating fern. Environmental Science and Technology 37: 754–760. , , ,
- 2007. Rapid reduction of arsenate in the medium mediated by plant roots. New Phytologist 176: 590–599. , , .
- 2002. Arsenic speciation and distribution in an arsenic hyperaccumulating plant. Science of the Total Environment 300: 167–177. , , , .
- 2002. Arsenic hyperaccumulation by different fern species. New Phytologist 156: 27–31. , , .
- 2003. The role of phytochelatins in arsenic tolerance in the hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata. New Phytologist 159: 403–410. , , , , , .