The relationship between pyridine nucleotides and seed dormancy
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 181, Issue 1, pages 62–70, January 2009
How to Cite
Hunt, L. and Gray, J. E. (2009), The relationship between pyridine nucleotides and seed dormancy. New Phytologist, 181: 62–70. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02641.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2008
- Received: 7 June 2008; Accepted: 13 August 2008
- 2004. Changes in endogenous abscisic acid levels during dormancy release and maintenance of mature seeds: studies with the Cape Verde Islands ecotype, the dormant model of Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta 219: 479–488. , , , , , ,
- 1998. The involvement of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in the oxidative stress responses in plants. FEBS Letters 440: 1–7. , , ,
- 2000. Genetic analysis of seed-soluble oligosaccharides in relation to seed storability of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 124: 1595–1604. , , , , ,
- 1973. An improved cycling assay for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. Analytical Biochemistry 53: 452–458. ,
- 2006. Proteomic analysis of seed dormancy in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 142: 1493–1510. , , , , ,
- 2004. A prominent role for the CBF cold response pathway in configuring the low-temperature metabolome of Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 15243–15248. , , , .
- 2005. Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in plants affects energy homeostasis, cell death and stress tolerance. Plant Journal 41: 95–100. , , ,
- 2000. Gibberellin requirements for Arabidopsis seed germination is determined both by testa characteristics and embryonic abscisic acid. Plant Physiology 122: 415–424. ,
- 2001. Ionising radiation induces the expression of PARP-1 and PARP-2 genes in Arabidopsis. Molecular Genetics and Genomics 265: 954–963. , , , ,
- 2006. Seed dormancy and the control of germination. New Phytologist 171: 501–523. ,
- 2000. Evidence of active NADP+ phosphatase in dormant seeds of Avena sativa L. Journal of Experimental Botany 51: 1389–1394. , , .
- 2007. AtNUDT7, a negative regulator of basal immunity in Arabidopsis, modulates two distinct defense response pathways and is involved in maintaining redox homeostasis. Plant Physiology 145: 204–215. , , , , , ,
- 2002. The short-chain alcohol dehydrogenase ABA2 catalyses the conversion of xanthoxin to abscisic aldehyde. Plant Cell 14: 1833–1846. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Seed 1-cysteine peroxiredoxin antioxidants are not involved in dormancy, but contribute to inhibition of germination during stress. Plant Physiology 133: 1148–1157. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Nicotinamidase activity is important for germination in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 51: 341–351. , , .
- 2004. NAD – new roles in signalling and gene regulation in plants. New Phytologist 163: 31–44. , ,
- 2006. The free NADH concentration is kept constant in plant mitochondria under different metabolic conditions. Plant Cell 18: 688–689. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Early steps in the biosynthesis of NAD in Arabidopsis start with aspartate and occur in the plastid. Plant Physiology 141: 851–857. , , ,
- 2006. Sunflower seed deterioration as related to moisture content during aging energy metabolism and active oxygen species scavenging. Physiologia Plantarum 128: 496–506. , , , , .
- 2003. The oxidative pentose phosphate pathway: structure and organisation. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 6: 236–246. ,
- 2004. The Arabidopsis cytochrome P450 CYP707A encodes ABA 8′-hydroxylases: key enzymes in ABA catabolism. EMBO Journal 23: 1647–1656. , , , , , , , , ,
- 2007. Metabolic fate of nicotinamide in higher plants. Physiologia Plantarum 131: 191–200. , , , ,
- 1999. Seed deterioration: physiology, repair and assessment. Seed Science Technology 27: 177–237. .
- 2005. Genome-wide profiling of stored mRNA in Arabidopsis thaliana seed germination: epigenetic and genetic regulation of transcription in seed. Plant Journal 41: 697–709. , , , ,
- 2006. NAD(P) synthesis and pyridine nucleotide cycling in plants and their potential importance in stress conditions. Journal of Experimental Botany 57: 1603–1620. , ,
- 2006. Poly(ADP-ribose): novel functions for an old molecule. Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 7: 517–528. , , ,
- 2005a. Identification, molecular cloning and functional characterization of a novel NADH kinase from Arabidopsis thaliana (thale cress). Biochemical Journal 385: 217–223. , , .
- 2005b. Cloning and characterization of two NAD kinases from Arabidopsis. Identification of a calmodulin binding isoform. Plant Physiology 13: 1243–1255. , , , .
- 2007. Nicotinamidase participates in the salvage pathway of NAD biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal 49: 1020–1029. ,
- 2004. Pyridine nucleotide cycle and trigonelline (N-methylnicotinic acid) synthesis in developing leaves and fruits of Coffee Arabica. Physiologia Plantarum 122: 404–411. , ,