Spores of ectomycorrhizal fungi: ecological strategies for germination and dormancy
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2008
© The Author (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 181, Issue 2, pages 245–248, January 2009
How to Cite
Nara, K. (2009), Spores of ectomycorrhizal fungi: ecological strategies for germination and dormancy. New Phytologist, 181: 245–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02691.x
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2008
- 2002. Delayed germination of basidiospores in temperate species of Crepidotus (fr) staude. Canadian Journal of Botany 80: 280–287. , .
- 2006. Ectomycorrhizal ecology under primary succession on coastal sand dunes: interactions involving Pinus contorta, suilloid fungi and deer. New Phytologist 169: 345–354. , .
- 1999. Mycorrhizal colonization of Pinus muricata from resistant propagules after a stand-replacing wildfire. New Phytologist 143: 409–418. , , , .
- 2009. Inoculum potential of Rhizopogon spores increases with time over the first 4 yr of a 99-yr spore burial experiment. New Phytologist 181: 463–470. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Seed dormancy and the control of germination. New Phytologist 171: 501–523. ,
- 1987. Ecological and evolutionary aspects of spore germination in the higher basidiomycetes. Transactions of the British Mycological Society 88: 1–7.
- 2004. Below-ground distribution and persistence of an ectomycorrhizal fungus. New Phytologist 161: 539–547. , , ,
- 2008. Molecular networks regulating Arabidopsis seed maturation, after-ripening, dormancy and germination. New Phytologist 179: 33–54. , , .
- 2008. Germination and infectivity of ectomycorrhizal fungal spores in relation to their ecological traits during primary succession. New Phytologist 180: 491–500. , , , ,
- 2007. Flavonoids induce germination of basidiospores of the ectomycorrhizal fungus Suillus bovinus. Mycorrhiza 17: 563–570. , , ,
- 2004. Ectomycorrhizal fungi on established shrubs facilitate subsequent seedling establishment of successional plant species. Ecology 85: 1700–1707. ,
- 2001. Small genets of Lactarius xanthogalactus, Russula cremoricolor and Amanita francheti in late-stage ectomycorrhizal successions. Molecular Ecology 10: 1025–1034. , , , .
- 1995. Exceptional seed longevity and robust growth: ancient sacred lotus from China. American Journal of Botany 82: 1367–1380. , , , ,
- 1999. Community structure of ectomycorrhizal fungi in a Pinus muricata forest: minimal overlap between the mature forest and resistant propagule communities. Molecular Ecology 8: 1837–1850. , .
- 1987. Germination of basidiospores of mycorrhizal fungi in the rhizosphere of Pinus radiata D. Don. New Phytologist 106: 217–223. , .