Towards physiological sculpture of plants
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 181, Issue 1, pages 8–12, January 2009
How to Cite
Harvey, J. J. and Strauss, S. H. (2009), Towards physiological sculpture of plants. New Phytologist, 181: 8–12. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02697.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
- 2007. Control of coleopteran insect pests through RNA interference. Nature Biotechnology 25: 1322–1326. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2006. Host–microbe interactions: shaping the evolution of the plant immune response. Cell 124: 803–814. , , , .
- 2008. Growth, yield and mineral content of Miscanthus iganteus grown as a biofuel for 14 successive harvests. Industrial Crops and Products 28: 320–327. , , .
- 2004. A prominent role for the CBF cold response pathway in configuring the low-temperature metabolome of Arabidopsis. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 101: 15243–15248. , , , .
- 2008. Nematode resistance. New Phytologist 180: 27–44. , , .
- 2008. Eucalyptus applied genomics: from gene sequences to breeding tools. New Phytologist 179: 911–929. ,
- 2008. Using C4 photosynthesis to increase the yield of rice-rationale and feasibility. Current Opinion in Plant Biology 11: 228–231. , , .
- 2006. Engineering broad root-knot resistance in transgenic plants by RNAi silencing of a conserved and essential root-knot nematode parasitism gene. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 103: 14302–14306. , , , , .
- 2006. The plant immune system. Nature 444: 323–329. , .
- 2007. Silencing a cotton bollworm P450 monooxygenase gene by plant-mediated RNAi impairs larval tolerance of gossypol. Nature Biotechnology 25: 1307–1313. , , , , , , , .
- 2008. The Laccaria genome: a symbiont blueprint decoded. New Phytologist 180: 296–310. ,
- 2007. Plant nuclear factor Y (NF-Y) B subunits confer drought tolerance and lead to improved corn yields on water-limited acres. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 16450–16455. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2008. Systems biology or the biology of systems: routes to reducing hunger. New Phytologist 179: 579–582. , , , , , .
- 1999. Expression of the Bs2 pepper gene confers resistance to bacterial spot disease in tomato. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 96: 14153–14158. , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Inhibition of tomato yellow leaf curl virus replication by artificial zinc-finger proteins. Nucleic Acids Symposium Series (Oxf) 51: 429–430. , , ,
- 1998. Virus resistance and gene silencing in plants can be induced by simultaneous expression of sense and antisense RNA. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 13959–13964. , , .
- 2007. Functional genomics and ecology – a tale of two scales. New Phytologist 176: 735–739. , , .
- 2008. Increasing cloning possibilities using artificial zinc finger nucleases. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 12785–12790. , ,
- 2005. A maize resistance gene functions against bacterial streak disease in rice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 102: 15383–15388. , , , , ,
- 2008. A phenylalanine in DGAT is a key determinant of oil content and composition in maize. Nature Genetics 40: 367–372. , , , , , , , , , et al .