Rapid characterization of plant mutants with an altered ion-profile: a case study using Lotus japonicus
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
© The Authors (2008). Journal compilation © New Phytologist (2008)
Volume 181, Issue 4, pages 795–801, March 2009
How to Cite
Chen, Z., Watanabe, T., Shinano, T., Okazaki, K. and Osaki, M. (2009), Rapid characterization of plant mutants with an altered ion-profile: a case study using Lotus japonicus. New Phytologist, 181: 795–801. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2008.02730.x
- Issue published online: 9 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
- Received: 21 October 2008, Accepted: 26 November 2008
- 2008a. Variation in molybdenum content across broadly distributed populations of Arabidopsis thaliana is controlled by a mitochondrial molybdenum transporter (MOT1). PLoS Genetics 4 (2): e1000004. doi:10.1371/journal.pgen.1000004. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2007. Purdue ionomics information management system: an integrated functional genomics platform. Plant Physiology 143: 600–611. , , , , , .
- 2008b. The leaf ionome as a multivariable system to detect a plant's physiological status. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 105: 12081–12086. , , , , , , , .
- 1995. A comparative analysis of element composition of roots and leaves of barley seedlings grown in the presence of toxic cadmium, molybdenum, nickel, and zinc concentrations. Journal of Plant Nutrition 18: 853–868. , .
- 2009. Element interconnections in Lotus japonicus: a systematic study of the effects of elements additions on different natural variants. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition (in press). , , , , , , ,
- 2005. Characterization of the yeast ionome: a genome-wide analysis of nutrient mineral and trace element homeostasis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genome Biology 6: R77. , , , , , , .
- 2005. Secondary transporters for nickel and cobalt ions: Theme and variations. BioMetals 18: 399–405. , , , .
- 2003. Transition metal transporters in plants. Journal of Experimental Botany 54: 2601–2613. , .
- 2001. Vacuolar H+/Ca2+ transport: who's directing the traffic? Trends in Plant Science 6: 100–104. .
- 2003. Genomic scale profiling of nutrient and trace elements in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nature Biotechnology 21: 1215–1221. , , , , , , , , , et al .
- 2001. A novel family of magnesium transport genes in Arabidopsis. The Plant Cell 13: 2761–2775. , , , ,
- 2005. A putative plasma membrane cation/proton antiporter from soybean confers salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Molecular Biology 59: 809–820. , , , , , ,
- 2006. Magnesium transporters: properties, regulation and structure. Frontiers in Bioscience 11: 3149–3163. .
- 2002. Molecular mechanisms of potassium and sodium uptake in plants. Plant and Soil 247: 43–54. , , .
- 2002. Molecular mechanisms of phosphate transport in plants. Planta 216: 23–37. ,
- 2007. Genome sequencing and genome resources in model legumes. Plant Physiology 144: 588–593. , , , ,
- 2007. An Arabidopsis thaliana high-affinity molybdate transporter required for efficient uptake of molybdate from soil. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 104: 18807–18812. , , , , ,
- 2003. Molecular mechanisms and regulation of K+ transport in higher plants. Annual Review of Plant Biology 54: 575–603. ,
- 2007. Evolutionary control of leaf element composition in plants. New Phytologist 174: 516–523. , , , , , , , ,
- 1998. Distribution and chemical speciation of aluminum in the Al accumulator plant, Melastoma malabathricum L. Plant and Soil 201: 165–173. , , ,